• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    "I" did not give them :poop: they just took it.
    Well, there’s that, but “we” as a whole, have lockstepped into line, we stand on the x, we wait to be ushered in in small groups, “we” are even public shaming our neighbors for disobeying the overlords, or outright informing on them. Then, there are those that feel destroying lives of millions to save the lives of thousands is part of “we’re all in this together”, until “we’re “ not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, there’s that, but “we” as a whole, have lockstepped into line, we stand on the x, we wait to be ushered in in small groups, “we” are even public shaming our neighbors for disobeying the overlords, or outright informing on them. Then, there are those that feel destroying lives of millions to save the lives of thousands is part of “we’re all in this together”, until “we’re “ not.

Yup. I blame it on us every time it comes up. "We" keep these dip:poop:s in office so we get what we are asking for.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Don’t we always say, whenever we give them power, they never give it back? This is no different, we gave them control over our lives and livelihoods, if you think for a second they will relinquish that...get used to the “new” norm Comrade.

They've had that since long before any of us were born. Can't very well say that it's our fault it's here, our great great grandparents sold our future for their short term gain.

And voting will never reclaim any of it, I don't care if you vote in the hardest core libertarian there is, the system is flatly designed for continuity no matter what.

The only thing that will change that is when people band together and tell the government what its authority will be from here on out.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The US could really be split into 2 countries. 1 county in california, 1 county in new york, and 1 county in illinois. Then the rest of the country.
    And just about everything would eventually be fixed over time.

Did you listen to the presentation of the thoughts?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Did you listen to the presentation of the thoughts?

I assumed it was some basic stuff, so I decided to give it a listen since you clearly think it's going to tell me something new.

Point 1.) I have unpopular opinions
    Okay...?
    Point 2.) Germany was bad
    Not convincing me on your first point, okay...
    Point 3.) Secession increases diversity
    You're really losing me now
    Point 4.) Because insurgents in the middle east cause the US trouble, after we've already leveled their country, obviously the insurgents beat us so therefor a large and powerful military is pointless to your national defense.
    Not even relevant to the question he was seeking to answer
    Point 5.) Our government is bloated and financially incompetent
    Tell us something we don't already know since we're listening to you

This is some really basic conservative beliefs, and nothing even seeking to explain how secession will fix anything beyond faith in an ideology, mixed in with copious amounts of fluff.
    Try looking at propertarianism if you want to see some actual solutions to the problems, giving a legal language and framework to actually identify what we are seeking to conserve, and actually conserve it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    No worries, you can still get an abortion in Kentucky. :rolleyes:

I was just trying to think which of Tomb's countries Kentucky would fit in. It just goes to show you, these "little Hitlers" can crop up everywhere there is a government. Places like Kentucky and Indiana can be farm-leagues for certain statists who don't have enough connections and credentials to be governor of New York.

I can tell you, that I'm becoming even more of a believer in the idea politicians are like underwear, and if they're in, they're out. I'm going to be watching the next weeks/months of action from our leaders with great interest, and cannot tell you at this point whether Gov. Holcomb has my vote or not. At the moment, it's probably 65/35 against.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was just trying to think which of Tomb's countries Kentucky would fit in. It just goes to show you, these "little Hitlers" can crop up everywhere there is a government. Places like Kentucky and Indiana can be farm-leagues for certain statists who don't have enough connections and credentials to be governor of New York.

I can tell you, that I'm becoming even more of a believer in the idea politicians are like underwear, and if they're in, they're out. I'm going to be watching the next weeks/months of action from our leaders with great interest, and cannot tell you at this point whether Gov. Holcomb has my vote or not. At the moment, it's probably 65/35 against.

Well see that's the great thing about selectively forcing counties out of the union.

You can selectively weed out those little hitlers by threatening their trade relationship to the rest of the country. If they want to maintain membership, they have to uphold the constitution, failure to comply means bye bye local economy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Well see that's the great thing about selectively forcing counties out of the union.

You can selectively weed out those little hitlers by threatening their trade relationship to the rest of the country. If they want to maintain membership, they have to uphold the constitution, failure to comply means bye bye local economy.

Now you just sound like an EU minister. :laugh:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Now you just sound like an EU minister. :laugh:

I think the concept of the EU isn't necessarily a bad one. It just wasn't established with the principle of the people's rights coming first.

If we applied it to the US, states would be vastly more autonomous and people would be more concerned with local level politics than who's running the federal government.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    This is my take on the entire situation since the very first time ANYONE in America heard of Covid-19.

All of these numbers I am listing here I got directly of the CDC's website on flu data and are available to all who wish to check.

During the flu pandemic of 2008-2009 over 81k Americans got sick and died the number of people the were hospitalized were the highest in American history over 600k died world wide, and 9 out of ten Americans didn't even know were had a pandemic let alone that over 81k Americans had died.

During the 2014-2015 flu season CDC reported over 700k people hospitalized with the flu which means at least 70k died from the flu again no affect on our country what so ever
    Yet nothing in the news about it no actions by our government were taken and it had absolutely no affect on our country what so ever or the world for that matter.

The flu season of 2017-2018 also worse than usual in America made 45 million people ill, 647k hospitalized and killed over 61k Americans died, again no affect on America what so ever.

So far in the 2019-2020 flu season has hospitalized 84k and killed over 16k Americans and the CDC predicts the total will exceed 30k dead Americans and and deaths from Covid-19 havent even surpassed this years flu dead.

My point being in the last 10 years alone America has had at least four major flu outbreaks including two flu pandemics (2008-2009, 2017-2018) had at a bare minimum 230k Americans died in these flu outbreaks and they had absolutely no affect what so ever on our country.

So SOMBODY please tell me what the heck is going on and why have we destroyed our economy and have just granted our federal, state and local governments near absolute power over us with out so much as a show of hands let alone vote when the the numbers of dead and dying clearly do not warrant such a insane response?

Not to mention the absolute draconian measures those in DC are telling us we will have to accept in the future and America will never be the same again? I'm hearing no more major gatherings of people ANYWHERE from shopping malls to sporting events to parades? Mandated proof of inoculations just to be able to leave our homes or go to work? I'm also hearing this lock down will HAVE to extend beyond the summer into fall. I'm hearing our government saying we will have to make drastic changes how Americans work and live to avoid another break out as soon as next flu season.

What exactly do the mean by drastic and what changes exactly?

Are we supposed to except every time we have a bad flu season the entire country will shut down and suffer complete economic collapse? All our enemies have now learned all they need do to destroy America enemies like the Communist Chinese, North Korea, or Iran is send a few thousand agents infected with a bad bug to our major population centers and they can within 10-12 weeks bring our entire country to it knees.

Or am I missing something? Or are we witnessing the end of America?

I'm sorry but my gut feeling is SCREAMING none of this can possibly be justified and there is far more going on and this outbreak is a excuse to subjugate the entire country and further the agenda of the globalists currently in charge of most of our government.

Am I over reacting or is my gut instinct correct?

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Naw, I thought all this was justified at first. Taking some measures seemed reasonable for a viral release from china.

But now that things aren't nearly what was predicted, and this is effectively a non-issue outside of NYC, I'm becoming extremely concerned about where things are going.

The question becomes, how can we organize to tell the government that this is no longer acceptable, and that they will open the state back up?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is my take on the entire situation since the very first time ANYONE in America heard of Covid-19.

All of these numbers I am listing here I got directly of the CDC's website on flu data and are available to all who wish to check.

During the flu pandemic of 2008-2009 over 81k Americans got sick and died the number of people the were hospitalized were the highest in American history over 600k died world wide, and 9 out of ten Americans didn't even know were had a pandemic let alone that over 81k Americans had died.

During the 2014-2015 flu season CDC reported over 700k people hospitalized with the flu which means at least 70k died from the flu again no affect on our country what so ever
    Yet nothing in the news about it no actions by our government were taken and it had absolutely no affect on our country what so ever or the world for that matter.

The flu season of 2017-2018 also worse than usual in America made 45 million people ill, 647k hospitalized and killed over 61k Americans hospitalized again no affect on America what so ever.

So far in the 2019-2020 flu season has hospitalized 84k and killed over 16k Americans and the CDC predicts the total will exceed 30k dead Americans and and deaths from Covid-19 havent even surpassed this years flu dead.

My point being in the last 10 years alone America has had at least four major flu outbreaks including two flu pandemics (2008-2009, 2017-2018) had at a bare minimum 230k Americans died in these flu outbreaks and they had absolutely no affect what so ever on our country.

So SOMBODY please tell me what the heck is going on and why have we destroyed our economy and have just granted our federal, state and local governments near absolute power over us with out so much as a show of hands let alone vote when the the numbers of dead and dying clearly do not warrant such a insane response?

Not to mention the absolute draconian measures those in DC are telling us we will have to accept in the future and America will never be the same again? I'm hearing no more major gatherings of people ANYWHERE from shopping malls to sporting events to parades? Mandated proof of inoculations just to be able to leave our homes or go to work? I'm also hearing this lock down will HAVE to extend beyond the summer into fall. I'm hearing our government saying we will have to make drastic changes how Americans work and live to avoid another break out as soon as next flu season.

What exactly do the mean by drastic and what changes exactly?

Are we supposed to except every time we have a bad flu season the entire country will shut down and suffer complete economic collapse? All our enemies have now learned all they need do to destroy America enemies like the Communist Chinese, North Korea, or Iran is send a few thousand agents infected with a bad bug to our major population centers and they can within 10-12 weeks bring our entire country to it knees.

Or am I missing something? Or are we witnessing the end of America?

I'm sorry but my gut feeling is SCREAMING none of this can possibly be justified and there is far more going on and this outbreak is a excuse to subjugate the entire country and further the agenda of the globalists currently in charge of most of our government.

This shoud be reposted in the corona virus thread. Great post!

Top Bottom