• ...and so much more!
  • Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Most of the inherent encroachment is on the part of state level government (i.e. governors), and not at federal level. The federal level is, however trying to spend money, it does not have. The unfathomable 2.2 T & 4 T, that is crazy dollars.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Most of the inherent encroachment is on the part of state level government (i.e. governors), and not at federal level. The federal level is, however trying to spend money, it does not have. The unfathomable 2.2 T & 4 T, that is crazy dollars.

And a huge, huge portion of that is to simply keep people from losing their jobs enmass.

If we had a couple big auto makers go under, boeing, and a fair deal of small businesses, there would legitimately be no more country left within a month.

This is why I take issue with how our economy is set up. It's a smooth running, well oiled machine... Until the slightest thing throws a wrench in the works. It does not have any buffer for problems built in and could be easily exploited by a foreign government to cause more destruction than even nuking us.

That tends to happen when the government encourages and funds the creation of monopolies that are too big to fail, and don't even owe their allegiance to this country.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So far, they haven’t spent much, anyone seen a check yet?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am sure the Kennedy center, NEA and other special interest groups have.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I agree 100% it scares me how even on Ingo I see people seeming to be willing to give up civil liberties for this virus. There are so many unknowns with this and when you look at all the numbers it feels like a over reaction is starting to occur.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's the point! The longer they hold it, the bigger the bill. They are already trying to set funding for illegal immigrants.

As far as I know, other jurisdictions of the US are also going to be receiving it, according to what my friend in Puerto Rico has said to me.

I agree 100% it scares me how even on Ingo I see people seeming to be willing to give up civil liberties for this virus. There are so many unknowns with this and when you look at all the numbers it feels like a over reaction is starting to occur.

I'd really like you to debate the points I raised in an earlier post in this thread.

Because the issue has more nuance than that, and stiff ramifications if you make the wrong move. In either direction.

Last edited:

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    As far as I know, other jurisdictions of the US are also going to be receiving it, according to what my friend in Puerto Rico has said to me.

I'd really like you to debate the points I raised in an earlier post in this thread.

Because the issue has more nuance than that, and stiff ramifications if you make the wrong move. In either direction.

Puerto Ricans have dual citizenship, so they would naturally receive the stimulus.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The razor-sharp tip of esoteric, avant-garde thinking on this Pandemic is the idea of an "immunity passport" which allows you to go back to work, once you've tested positive for the correct antibodies. The idea is apparently at some stage of advanced consideration in some areas of Europe, and has now caught the attention of elite fancy-pantsers on this side of the pond.

Now: allow that to sink in for a moment: your ability to earn a livelihood...in these United States of America...will depend on being fortunate enough to possess antibodies...which government policy for the past several weeks/months has been doing everything in its power to prevent you from getting?

You asked when Amerikans will finally get angry? I'm not giving them much credit - even less after reading the people shatting themselves on the "would you go" thread in the competition forum. But I think if people can recover enough cognitive function to let the thought presented in the above paragraph sink in - and really consider how f'ed up that is - you might see the inklings of original thought which could in turn eventually coalesce into anger.

But like I said, people have to quit shatting themselves first. Not enough people have lost their jobs yet. People aren't hurting enough. It will come. I will probably be one of them. Hell, I might even end up dead from this. But it won't change the correctness of what I believe to be the truth on this issue.

We believe in people owning guns. That means we're ok with a certain calculated level of death in this country. Gun owners are supposed to be better than this. We're the ones, above all others, who are supposed to be the big-boys in the room. Sadly it doesn't appear to be the case.

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Next impeachment attempt is starting with Pelosi's latest gathering of traitors. She's created a committee, with subpoena power, to study Trump's response to the Chinese virus. Not only did they (you know, THEY) interfere with the initial response with their first attempt but now, in the middle of the battle, they want to create another clown act to muddy up the water. There is no end to the lengths to which they will go to destroy the country.

Saw a video yesterday of Pelosi speaking to some group explaining political strategy. She said you start by putting out false/misleading info and make sure the media gets the "details". Then when the co-conspirators in the media publish those lies, you point at the reports and use them as confirmation of your "investigation". They did it to Kavanaugh and they did it to Trump and they're going to do it again.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    No, not dual citizenship. There isn't another country.

They are simply Americans.

Those born after a certain date are, but those born prior to 1951 have dual. The Jones Act fixed this in motion. Irregardless all the territories have different levels of citizenship status.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The razor-sharp tip of esoteric, avant-garde thinking on this Pandemic is the idea of an "immunity passport" which allows you to go back to work, once you've tested positive for the correct antibodies. The idea is apparently at some stage of advanced consideration in some areas of Europe, and has now caught the attention of elite fancy-pantsers on this side of the pond.

Now: allow that to sink in for a moment: your ability to earn a livelihood...in these United States of America...will depend on being fortunate enough to possess antibodies...which government policy for the past several weeks/months has been doing everything in its power to prevent you from getting?

You asked when Amerikans will finally get angry? I'm not giving them much credit - even less after reading the people shatting themselves on the "would you go" thread in the competition forum. But I think if people can recover enough cognitive function to let the thought presented in the above paragraph sink in - and really consider how f'ed up that is - you might see the inklings of original thought which could in turn eventually coalesce into anger.

But like I said, people have to quit shatting themselves first. Not enough people have lost their jobs yet. People aren't hurting enough. It will come. I will probably be one of them. Hell, I might even end up dead from this. But it won't change the correctness of what I believe to be the truth on this issue.

We believe in people owning guns. That means we're ok with a certain calculated level of death in this country. Gun owners are supposed to be better than this. We're the ones, above all others, who are supposed to be the big-boys in the room. Sadly it doesn't appear to be the case.

Once Obama finished splitting us into factions we have become so soft. I have no faith in the younger men we see every day faces in the phone and lost to the real world.
    In so many debates on other forums I have stated that I would stand with anyone in defense of their 1-A rights even in disagreement with their mind set.
    I then asked if they would do the same with me for my rights. All of my rights not just the one they cherish and abuse.

Response was...……"Crickets"
    No those mush brained softy's have no intention of standing with those of us that built this country and keep it going. None. They call us old white guys with irrelevant view points. Only irrelevant because they do not agree with them.

We are slowly loosing the republic.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Once Obama finished splitting us into factions we have become so soft. I have no faith in the younger men we see every day faces in the phone and lost to the real world.
    In so many debates on other forums I have stated that I would stand with anyone in defense of their 1-A rights even in disagreement with their mind set.
    I then asked if they would do the same with me for my rights. All of my rights not just the one they cherish and abuse.

No those mush brained softy's have no intention of standing with those of us that built this country and keep it going. None. They call us old white guys with irrelevant view points. Only irrelevant because they do not agree with them.

Welcome to 1933 and the New Deal.

The Republic has always been an experiment, an exercise in evolution. We are not losing it. It is changing. As it always has. As every democracy has.

When someone asks you to defend the right to an abortion, what do they hear from you?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I too used to believe that the young men once challenged would rise to that challenge just like their forefathers but haven't had that confidence in over 10 years. To be clear to the outstanding young men that participate here and your friends that are like you I know you are out there, it's just not in the quantity of the past.

Top Bottom