• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I just read about a 250ish gr subsonic load for this.

Do they call it "The Tumbler"? Unless someone built a special, fast-twist barrel, chambered in 350 Legend, there's little chance that tiny case will drive a long, 250gr, 35-caliber bullet fast enough that it will stabilize.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Do they call it "The Tumbler"? Unless someone built a special, fast-twist barrel, chambered in 350 Legend, there's little chance that tiny case will drive a long, 250gr, 35-caliber bullet fast enough that it will stabilize.

I have no idea. I did just find this.

https://winchester.com/Products/Ammunition/Rifle/Super-Suppressed/SUP350

feature-350-legend---super-suppressed-image.png

*Encapsulated Bullet Base
    Copper jacket encloses the base of the bullet to reduce lead fouling in barrels and in suppressors

*Modern Shellcase Design
    Straight-walled profile with common head diameter and rebated rim

*Open Tip Range Bullet
    Consistent accuracy for target and range shooting through suppressed and non-suppressed firearms

*Reduced Noise Subsonic
    Velocities below the speed of sound produce lower decibel levels

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Looks like a few are hitting the market. Great lakes has some uppers listedon gunbroker. Cmmg has rifles and uppers apparently available on their site. Several small companies are listing barrels and uppers.

Kind of surprised Bremen hasn't jumped on it yet. Would be cool to buy a complete rifle from them.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Military Arms Channel did a live chat about this in a Ruger. He makes some interesting points about how Winchester skewed a few things to make the Legend sound a little better than it seems....at the moment.

[video=youtube_share;WYZvPKFic0c]http://youtu.be/WYZvPKFic0c[/video]

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Just because I'm a data nerd, here's how this compares to other deer cartridges. For Comparison purposes, I've included two private land hunting legal options (30/30 and 7.62x39). Interesting that up to 200 yards, which is all the cartridge is intended for, the cartridge well out paces the 7.62 SST round. In the event Indiana repeals the rifle rules after 2020, this is a really interesting option. Beats the 357 leverrevolution round handily at all ranges.
    This is comparing the Deer Season load.
    VrsEveW.jpg

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So... American Rifleman reporting that all bullets pulled from Winchester factory ammo were 0.355”.

And... go!

:popcorn:

omegahunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2019
    Daviess County
    So... American Rifleman reporting that all bullets pulled from Winchester factory ammo were 0.355”.

And... go!

:popcorn:

9mm was first leaked by Win reps at SHOT even while in print they never strayed from the claim of a .357" bullet. The first FMJ bullets were coming out loaded as 9mm and continue to do so. Original SAAMI-adopted drawing showed 9mm, but it has since been revised to 0.357" -0.003. However, last time I looked at SAAMI they were still showing a .357" throat. There is no way that you are manually going to put a .357" bullet into a .357" throat. So it is all smoke and mirrors for Winchester to go down the 9mm path all the while calling it a 357 round and getting 47 states to completely ignore their lawfully allowed minimum bullet diameters and allow the cartridge. INDNR has made the public announcement that they will allow the cartridge because Winchester Ammunition INTENDED for the cartridge to be legal!!!

I guess that we can all just use whatever we want to wherever we want and just claim that we INTENDED to be legal... INDNR has proven that is good enough for them!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Always wanted a AR15 in 30 Carbine. This is basically a 35 Carbine cartridge. Bigger diameter, more velocity, heavier bullet, and low recoil.

Will they ever make 30rd mags for it?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    9mm was first leaked by Win reps at SHOT even while in print they never strayed from the claim of a .357" bullet. The first FMJ bullets were coming out loaded as 9mm and continue to do so. Original SAAMI-adopted drawing showed 9mm, but it has since been revised to 0.357" -0.003. However, last time I looked at SAAMI they were still showing a .357" throat. There is no way that you are manually going to put a .357" bullet into a .357" throat. So it is all smoke and mirrors for Winchester to go down the 9mm path all the while calling it a 357 round and getting 47 states to completely ignore their lawfully allowed minimum bullet diameters and allow the cartridge. INDNR has made the public announcement that they will allow the cartridge because Winchester Ammunition INTENDED for the cartridge to be legal!!!

I guess that we can all just use whatever we want to wherever we want and just claim that we INTENDED to be legal... INDNR has proven that is good enough for them!

So... the 9x39mm is now legal too? lol

I suspect the real reason for 9mm is all the barrel tooling for AR's is all 9mm.

Top Bottom