Woman sucked out of window on Southwest flight when engine explodes.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Just over the news, the poor woman almost suck out the window has died. I believe this she is the first fatality on a US registered aircraft in 9 years or so. Talk about a great record considering how bad it was in the 1980s and earlier.

So she was sucked out the window then?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NY Post article says a (possibly) different woman had a heart attack and others tried to revive her. I suspect they were unsuccessful.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/southwest-passenger-dead-after-midair-engine-explosion/

In other vids, I see passenger wearing their oxygen masks...over the mouths only. Not nose and mouth. I thought the flight attendant spiel said nose and mouth. ??

Well, people don't listen.
    and when they get scared, they think even less than they normally think.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just over the news, the poor woman almost suck out the window has died. I believe this she is the first fatality on a US registered aircraft in 9 years or so. Talk about a great record considering how bad it was in the 1980s and earlier.

Maybe from trauma or an accident, but people die on planes all the time

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Seatbelts on at all times.

For me I mean ALL times. 20+ years of flying and I've never seen the inside of an airplane bathroom.

Yup yup. Jets sometimes discover Clear Air Turbulence. Pilots can't see it and avoid and you don't know it's there until you're stuck to ceiling and wondering how you got there.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have to wonder if she was killed by the debris that came through the window. For her sake I hope she died instantly. Because at 32,000 feet the air temp is about -70F, at 600 mph the wind chill on any exposed skin would be horrific, impossible to breath, instant frostbite. Terrible.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to wonder if she was killed by the debris that came through the window. For her sake I hope she died instantly. Because at 32,000 feet the air temp is about -70F, at 600 mph the wind chill on any exposed skin would be horrific, impossible to breath, instant frostbite. Terrible.

This^^^^^and the wind blast would peel skin. Blow eardrums. So much damage in an instant.

Top Bottom