Woman sucked out of window on Southwest flight when engine explodes.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    NASA scientist Geoffrey A. Landis points out though that the impact depends on the size of the hole, which can be expanded by debris that is sucked through it. Landis went on to say that "it would take about 100 seconds for pressure to equalise through a roughly 30.0 cm (11.8 in) hole in the fuselage of a Boeing 747." He then stated that anyone sitting next to the hole would have half a ton of force pulling them in the direction of it.

Cabin pressure about 12psi, outside pressure about 4 psi. Window approximately 100 square inches, so ~ 800lbs of force on anything near the window. I'm betting it was her hips that stopped her, aerodymamic forces likely snapped her neck or spine or both. I hope it was mercifully quick

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Cabin pressure about 12psi, outside pressure about 4 psi. Window approximately 100 square inches, so ~ 800lbs of force on anything near the window. I'm betting it was her hips that stopped her, aerodymamic forces likely snapped her neck or spine or both. I hope it was mercifully quick

Yeah they had said in one story that she was pulled thru to her waist. I doubt if she was aware of what was going on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom