• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    gregkl, Wow! If that is a old Mossberg. What a blast from the past (no pun intended). My father has one just like it that my mother bought NIB for him in 1961 on their first Christmas. He never really used it so it is like new with all the original manufacturer's paperwork. It is a 20 gauge. I could not imagine actually hunting with it now days as it would be so impractical.

Same here!!! That’s exactly the same fun I learned how to hunt with. I was my grandfather’s, then my dads & I when I wanted to learn to hunt it became mine. Deer (fun w/ a bead site), rabbit & squirrel. Spent many hours in the woods with it. I even bought an extra 3rd magazine for mine. I’m also a lefty so I got really good running the bolt with my right hand.

Only problem gun I’ve had so far is a PSA 9mm pistol upper that can’t load ammo. It crushes the bullet into the case every time. Hopefully they get it fixed.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    GSG 522. Jamaholic. Fire a few rounds, and jam, clear and repeat more jams. I tell my sons that when I die they get to divide up my guns as part of an inheritance. They tease me and say they are burying the GSG 522 in the casket with me. :laugh:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Phoenix Arms HP22. Bought with an ammo can of around 3.5k 22lr right after Sandy Hook. Paid 175 for everything. Sold the gun for 100.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Probably this one:

bolt_action_shotgun.jpg

It was pretty worn out by the time I got it and when you would fire it, powder residue hit me in the face.

Or a Mosin-Nagant that I had to use a mallet to open the bolt after firing. I did all the tricks to loosen it up and still couldn't get it to work. I would have liked that rifle if not for that issue. I sold it to a guy who didn't seem to mind. Hopefully he was able to get it to work. He seemed to think he could.

My first shotgun was a Mossberg .410 and I loved that little gun. I'd like to have another one some day. My BIL had a 16 gauge that looked very much like the one in your picture and I also hunted rabbits with it. I could get off 3 shots at a bunny no problem, and a few times it took that third shot to get him. Never had an issue with either of them, but all manufacturers put out lemons once in awhile.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been trying to think of any guns that I would classify as my "worst", and honestly can't really think of any that made me unhappy enough to give them that classification. I suppose the closest would have been a Diamondback DB380. At the time, it was the latest and greatest, competing with the Keltec P3AT and Ruger's LCP. At first it had feeding issues, but after sending it back to DB, it came back and was wonderful after that. The only reason I sold it was because .380 was ridiculously expensive at the time, so it didn't get a lot of range time.

I guess the Beretta 92S (old style with the mag release on the heel of the grip) would qualify too. Never had any performance issues or anything, but hated the long trigger pull, and never could shoot it worth a darn. Sold it soon after I got it. Now that I think about it, it was worse than the DB380 for me.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Beretta U22 NEOS

Bought it used from another INGO'er. Couldn't get thru one 10 Rnd mag without it jamming, tried all different ammo, no matter what I did still jammed. Could have been just the particular one I had.

I have one that runs like a sewing machine, best running semi-auto .22lr I have ever owned. Maybe I got lucky, or you got unlucky.

I had a Grendel P10 many years ago. Strange little gun, striker-fired polymer frame that loaded from the top from stripper clips! It just killed my hands though, hated shooting it. I don't really know how well it ran, I didn't shoot it enough to find out.
    Grendel

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My first shotgun was a Mossberg .410 and I loved that little gun. I'd like to have another one some day. My BIL had a 16 gauge that looked very much like the one in your picture and I also hunted rabbits with it. I could get off 3 shots at a bunny no problem, and a few times it took that third shot to get him. Never had an issue with either of them, but all manufacturers put out lemons once in awhile.

You just jump started my memory a little. Mine was actually a 16 gauge! That was back in the day when they were still fairly common. I was thinking that 12 gauge would have been a little stout for me at that age but I knew it wasn't a 20 like my mom's Beretta Silver Fox.

lol. Thanks DD.

ccha8778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Region
    Ruger LC9 (first model, I own the LC9 S and its great). Long trigger pull, not the best accuracy, just not ideal for a small pocket 9mm.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    These two:
    Survival Arms/Charter Arms AR7. Usually jam-o-matic and quite ammo sensitive. 15 round mags problematic, usually having to do with the integral feed ramp. The Henry version is much better.

Calico M900. Had 3 of these at one time - could never get two of them to feed and fire properly. The other was reliable. Mags are a pain to load, even with the loading tool, but what's not to love about 100 rounds? Sights sucked in spite of being adjustable, and the cheek weld was nearly impossible with the 100 round mag on.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Cetme 308, Jam master. Tried polishing, lubricating, different brands of ammo and couldnt get 3-4 rounds out before having issues. Traded it to a friend that said he could fix it but he gave up on it also. He sold it. Best part we're still friends

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Cetme 308, Jam master. Tried polishing, lubricating, different brands of ammo and couldnt get 3-4 rounds out before having issues. Traded it to a friend that said he could fix it but he gave up on it also. He sold it. Best part we're still friends 
    From personal experience I can tell you that the cast stainless receiver CETMEs are rock solid reliable. Haven't heard the same about the sheet steel ones.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    From personal experience I can tell you that the cast stainless receiver CETMEs are rock solid reliable. Haven't heard the same about the sheet steel ones.

It wasnt a cast receiver, it was sheet steel. Didnt know much about firearms in the 80s and made a impulse buy. I still make them occasionally but on things I know about. For the most part anyway...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Century arms cetme rifle 308.
    It shot single shot only. Took it to gunsmith said barrel needed replacement. Cost of new barrel and labor cost more than I paid for the gun. I sold it as a parts kit to a guy for a few hundred. I threw in 12 20rd mags and a claw scope mount. Never bought from century until they came out with the Canik. Still won't touch their rifles.

I sent it to Century twice to get it fixed they did nothing apparently until the 1 year warranty expired.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Walther CCP (An umarex walther, not a walther walther). cool design, nifty trigger/safety mechanism, comfortable as all get out, low recoil... garbage execution and **** trigger. It's basically the intern-designed gun but they forgot to have an experienced firearms engineer check it so there's a huge design flaw right off the top that there's almost no slide overtravel (so you have to batter the frame) and it only cocks the striker in the last 1/8" of travel. it'll pick up a new round forward of that though so you can fire, pick up a round, and not have the striker cocked. I've yet to find another gun, rifle or pistol, that doesn't re-cock the hammer/striker before loading a new round.

It had the worst trigger pull of any handgun I ever owned and it broke two guide rods/recoils springs. It was a really low round count handgun to have two of those break.

Interesting. You must have had a lemon or something else wrong with it. The two I have (full size and a compact 9, had a full size 40. all 3 are AS triggers) while they have a bit of pre-travel (though far from the worst I've seen) have beautiful crisp breaks.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Same here! I'd love to have the one back that was stolen out of my parents house...along with the Colt SAA AR sesquicentennial edition in presentation case. I H8 thieves. Though insurance did replace the shotty with a Savage Fox 12ga side by side.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My 1807 70cal flintlock pistol? Doesn't always fire and kicks like a mule leaving a smoke cloud you can't see the target through? :dunno:

:laugh:

:cool:

Other than that I've got nothing.

Top Bottom