• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Same here! I'd love to have the one back that was stolen out of my parents house...along with the Colt SAA AR sesquicentennial edition in presentation case. I H8 thieves. Though insurance did replace the shotty with a Savage Fox 12ga side by side.
    Mine was stolen along with my Mossberg 44 U.S. and my Ithaca Model 37 when I was living up in Lafayette. It happened after we had a big party at our house. I don't think it was a coincidence. The guns were hanging on a gun rack on the wall on a second story (this was the early 80's) - not visible from any window. :xmad: I've since managed to replace the Model 37, but eventually I want another Mossberg .410 and another 44 U.S..

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I have one that runs like a sewing machine, best running semi-auto .22lr I have ever owned. Maybe I got lucky, or you got unlucky.

I had a Grendel P10 many years ago. Strange little gun, striker-fired polymer frame that loaded from the top from stripper clips! It just killed my hands though, hated shooting it. I don't really know how well it ran, I didn't shoot it enough to find out.
    Grendel

I've had a NEO .22 for a few years, and it's the best .22 pistol I've owned.

I had one of those Grendels VERY briefly in the early 90s. It would often fire one round at a time without jamming. Not always, but sometimes. It was probably the worst firearm I've had.

The second worst was a Colt Mustang. It functioned alright, but the trigger pull was like a string dragging a brick across a gravel driveway. And the sides of the grip were sharp, and it was miserable gun to shoot in just about every way.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Hmm. My Dan Wesson 15-4hv is freakin awesome. Everything about it is great, when im shooting. 38 spl. Unfortunately, The previous owner gouged the cylinder from only shooting. 38.. still shots great, just wish I could shoot what I bought it for..

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I too had a Grendel P-10, It worked 100%, This company became Kel-Tec BTW..
    Bought an extended barrel, grip, stripper clip loading tool from Kiesler's for pennies..:twocents:

Worst gun ever was my Buddies = Llamma Mini Max 45 = Cheap copy of a Para Ordanace P-12
    It would jam ever time it was fired, EVERY TIME.. He traded that chunk of rubbish for a Norinco MAK-90 @ Kiesler's that started an obsession with AKs, When He died He had over 75 AKs..
    RIP MeanMarcus & Good Riddance to that Junky Llamma..
    If you ever see one RUN!!

There was also an FIE Titan 22 that the extractor flew off first shot & no parts available from Spain.. Early 80s Pre Glock
    Threw it in the river right where Mohamed Ali tossed his Gold Olympic Medal = Clark Memorial Bridge from Louisville to Clarksville.. What a GR8 single shot that little pistol ended up being..

NO MORE SPANISH GUNS FOR ME

Last edited:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I wholeheartedly agree. I keep it in my safe as a reminder to myself to research more before buying.

Now I'm thinking that if I find one cheap enough, I'd buy it as a challenge to make it reliable.. sounds like a fun frustrating winter project...

bufflehead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2019
    Syracuse
    My worst gun ever was my first semi-automatic a Smith & Wesson model 59. it was so smooth it would fire three rounds without an issue , but only to jam on the 4th round. I sent it back to Smith & Wesson they polished the ramp and did some additional work to it. After I got it back it didn't fare much better.

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    It was a .380, I think a Llama? It had a composite frame that cracked when I shot it in the cold one day. Had to sell it for parts at a gun show.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hard to say what the worst would be. I don’t like selling guns without full disclosure of issues and I’m too cheap to sell them for what they are worth with full disclosure, so I tend to keep the problem children and tinker with them until they work. Some of those often become some of my favorites in the long run.

But, there are a few that just plain pissed me off. The Walther PPK/S had more sharp edges than a cheese grater and it took nearly 500 rounds of trying different things before it became reliable. But, even reliable, it still had a terrible DA trigger pull and was way too heavy for a low capacity .380. As an added bonus, the sight needed drifted and when I tried to tap it a couple of thousands over, the top ear broke off. My bad, I know but it just kind of fit the overall experience that I had with that gun.

Then there was the Gen 3 G19 that would not run a full mag until close to 150 rounds without a jam. The first time I shot it, it would not go 3 rounds without a jam. I ended up getting an open guide rod and running a lighter spring to get it to cycle. Once past the 150 round mark, I was able to put the stock guide rod back in and it was perfect in reliability after that. Except, it had a hellacious BTF issue.

Next up was a CZ P07 in .40. I bought the first one used and it would not cycle reliably with any .40 ammo until I put a heavier recoil spring in and extra power mag springs. In the end, I found that I really loved that gun once it was working so I bought a second brand new one. That one worked fine until I tried to lighten the spring package. I learned that CZ P07s in .40 should not be messed with. Just run them stock and they are great.

There was the CZ 75B Compact in .40 that would not run reliably unless it had the heaviest recoil spring I could find (22# I think). But, the spring that would allow it to work would also bind a bit and I’d be lucky to get 100 rounds through them. I ordered a DPMS recoil reduction kit for it and it lasted 7 rounds before that gun destroyed it. DPMS sent me a custom setup based on measurements of that particular gun and the new one lasted about 100 rounds. The problem with that gun was that it had a very light slide and too little room for a proper recoil spring. I found a surplus 40P slide and it’s now a fine shooter but weighs in at about the same weight as a full size 1911.

I had bought a Walther PK380 right when they first came out and sold it a month later because it just plain sucked. Maybe that qualifies for the worst.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    Out of all my bad ones, the one that really comes to mind was my auto ordinance Thompson. It wouldn’t cycle a magazine without jamming. It was heavy and expensive to shoot. I traded it at a gun show for cash and a mix matched colt 1911

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Mossberg 695 12ga bolt action slug gun
    I bought one brand new many years ago to deer hunt with, new scope all sighted in and ready to hunt with on opening day of firearms season. Opening day came, I was in northern Indiana hunting in snow and very cold temps. A few hours after daylight I see a nice buck in range so I take the safety off but it is stuck. The safety on this gun is a piece of plastic that rolls on the rear of the bolt and it's now frozen to the bolt. Trying to force the safety to roll free before the buck walks off, I am now using all my strength of my thumb when it finally gives but now the force of my thumb going under the scope pops it off the gun. I am now standing there with the gun in one hand and the scope in the other as the buck walks away. The gun shot well but a terrible design for the safety.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Out of all my bad ones, the one that really comes to mind was my auto ordinance Thompson. It wouldn’t cycle a magazine without jamming. It was heavy and expensive to shoot. I traded it at a gun show for cash and a mix matched colt 1911

I was at a steel shoot and a guy was using one. At first I thought it was cool. It became a nuisance for all of us due to the almost constant malfunctions. Sad because it looked really cool.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    S&W/Walther P22, Crappy trigger, Crappy sights. Cost more than it was worth to me to improve it to my liking.
    Sold it off.

Charter Arms Explorer II, feeding issues and failure to fire. Sold it to a collector.

Rossi/ Interarms .357, Fires .38spl fine, .357 Mags locks the whole gun up. Was told Warranty would cover it by Rep. Send it out and get it returned saying they won't
    fix it. Turns out they will only honor the Braztech Warranty, not Interarms. Currently a Paperweight until I can find someone to fix it.

Top Bottom