• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Funny thing: my wife SWEARS my old 16 gauge kicks more than her Mossberg 12 gauge pump.

It's feasible. Probably a lighter gun which makes it feel worse than the same load in a heavier gun. I've read that some mfrs make 16ga loads hot to get more shot or velocity to be closer to competetive with 12. Same problem with giving your wife a "wife size" pistol her first time shooting (ie pocket pistol) even if it's "just" a .380.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's feasible. Probably a lighter gun which makes it feel worse than the same load in a heavier gun. I've read that some mfrs make 16ga loads hot to get more shot or velocity to be closer to competetive with 12. Same problem with giving your wife a "wife size" pistol her first time shooting (ie pocket pistol) even if it's "just" a .380.

My mom's Beretta Silver Fox single shot in 20 ga has more felt recoil than my 12 ga autoloader does.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Worst firearm I've ever owned was the Mossberg 715t. Bought it brand new. First time shooting it and it didnt make it thru a full 25 round mag before the extractor fell out. Sent it back to Mossberg and after 4 months got it back. The delay according to mossberg in getting it back was they couldn't test fire due to no 22lr ammo to run thru it (this was during the massive 22lr shortage) Finally get it back and couldn't get but 2-3 rounds to shoot in succession and once again, this time on the 2nd mag, the extractor fell out again. Sent it back once again and when I finally received it back I sold it with full disclosure that the thing was a pos. Took a pretty good loss, but the thing wasn't worth a penny to me at that point.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Worst firearm I've ever owned was the Mossberg 715t.

Friend of mine had the same experience. Bought new at Academy - it was actually his first gun. After about 1,000 or so rounds through three different mags, I don't think we ever made 10 shots in a row without a jam or other malfunction. I mean, the iron sights wouldn't hold zero, for Christ's sake.

I've been sitting here for some time now browsing through seven pages of this thread, trying to think of the worst gun I've ever owned. Honestly, nothing too terrible even comes to mind, now that I'm reliving old memories about that 715. The thing was beyond garbage.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    Mossberg 715T
    couldnt get through a steel match without multiple FTF/FTE multiple mags, multiple ammo types
    struggled with it for over a year before i got REALLY fed up with it.
    traded it on an M&P 15-22 couldnt be happier.

:cheers:

Top Bottom