• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Mine was a Cobra .38 derringer. There wasn't actually anything wrong with the gun so far as I could tell, because I never shot it. I really liked the idea of a derringer until I got one, then I realized that shooting a .38 out of that little gun wasn't going to be fun. Plus it was so small I doubt I would have been able to hit water with it if I were in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I also didn't trust sticking it in my pocket due to the questionable quality of the manufacturer. So I guess the only gun I ever owned that I didn't care for was one I never actually shot.

whispers76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    Ruger LCP. Originally bought for my wife, and she loved the concealability aspect, but at the range it is just too small for either of us to enjoy shooting. I don't believe you should carry a gun that you don't regularly practice with.

The biggest problem I had with the LCP design, other than size, is that the slide doesn't lock back when the mag is empty. A lot of people have and like these guns, but to me this is an issue.

One of the only guns I have actually sold...

Vince

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Ripley County
    Kel-Tec P9. I tried everything to get it to feed correctly and it would not make it through an entire magazine without jamming. This was around 2002 and I have not touched another Kel-Tec since.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Star Model A in 9mm Largo / 38acp. i believe it was made in the late 40's. It had a funny habit of dropping the hammer when you disengaged the safety. Very dangerous gun.

45 x 11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Southwest IN
    I really haven't bought a bad gun... I suppose in comparison (only), the worst gun I bought was a Ruger 22/45. It's actually a great gun, but the magazine disconnect is a pain and is, with mine anyway, essentially a designed malfunction. I'm going to remove it and do a couple slight modifications to the trigger. Big deal? No. But the out of the box performance/reliability is sub par, especially compared to every other gun I've bought.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    mosin nagant.

cant hit a damn thing with it, not comfortable to shoot. yet for some reason i spent a bunch of money on it, and still keep it. *shrugs* still hate the damn thing

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    i got a FIE model 15 22 lr on a trade. i had about $20 in it. it was not a very good gun. i traded it for a concrete bench. overall i came out great on the deal, i would never own another one. it was not a very good quality pistol

VIETVET191

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    First new pistol was a .380 (I can't remember the make) and it would not empty the clip without jamming. This was back in mid 70's and I paid $60 for it (like someone else has said "you get what you pay for"). Sold it to a guy I used to work with for $20 after I told him it was no good. My next was a Colt Mk IV 70. Carried it until 2003 when I gave it to my son. He loves it. I now have a S&W Sigma 40. Yes the trigger is horrendous, but I can live with it.

And I agree, there seems to be quite a few .380's that are really crap.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Not me, but a friend of mine bought one of those Zip .22LR guns. He called me over to test it out and I brought my Ruger 25 round magazine.... absolute garbage. Jammed like crazy, I could have emptied that magazine faster with a bolt action. He ended up selling it for half what he paid and was happy to do so.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Friend of mine has a chrome plated Llama 45, ejected brass hits you square in the forehead.

I'm not defending the Llama but brass ejection patterns is very much in part the user. I think things like grip and height come into play. For example: I'm a short dude (5ft 4) and for some odd reason about 75% of all the Glocks I have shot (and I have shot a dozen or so over the years) eject the brass right back onto my forehead. Yet the same guns do NOT do that to their respective (and taller/bigger) owners. I dunno why. Arm length/grip pressure? No idea!

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Im gonna buy a Kel-Tec PF9 and a RIA 1911 to match up with my awesome Taurus firearms, lol.

Seriously, Ive only owned 1 Ruger and currently own 3 Tauruses and havent had one to add here yet.

But you guys are funny, I can link to this thread when the Taurus bashers harass me lol

nwigunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    NWI
    I havent had any bad luck with guns I have purchased but I have been handed down a mossberg 9200 that hardly cycles any round over skeet.

sniper102

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    NWI
    I wouldn't say worst gun but most in accurate was a sig p220. It was bought brand new. It wouldnt shoot at all. I tried every factory load available but no luck. It shot 8 inches low and 6 inches right of center aim. Even in a Ransom rest. I eventually got rid of it. Ive owned several p220's since then and have not had that problem with them.

Top Bottom