• ...and so much more!
  • kml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    Llama "1911" .22 like this one: Llama?s cute little .22 Auto | MadOgre.com

Looks like a mini-me 1911. Cute as heck but wouldn't cycle a full mag of anything. Parts were impossible to find and the metal was about 2 Rc harder than warm butter.

Traded it to a guy for a nice new Gor-Tex rain jacket. Tried talking him out of it, told him it was a total POS..He didn't care, just had to have it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Jennings 22. Piece-o-crap. I got it on a trade for some welding stuff. Traded it off ASAP. I told the guy I thought it sucked, be he had to have it.

Many years ago, my little brother was getting ready to ship off over-seas in the Air Force and I gave him 50 bucks for a Jennings .22 that he needed to get rid of. I still have it, like new, still in the box. Not sure how many times I've shot it, but I'm pretty sure I've never gotten through a mag without at least one jam, if not after every shot. Funny thing is, one time a friend offered to trade me a 550 pack of .22 shells for it and I just laughed at him. Now I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

DFidler87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    Small Town USA
    Lorcin L22. Hands down the worse gun I ever purchased. Bought it for $50 and it would fire a maximum of three or four rounds in each magazine. Traded it to my dad for a S&W Model 61-3 which I ended up selling that for $100.

SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sig p250C bi tone .45. The DAO trigger was horrible... After a couple months the slide started to get these weird spots all over it almost looked like rust. So sig payed for it to be shipped back to them. They refinished the slide I got it back and sold it as fast as I could

ru6797

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    Niles
    Maybe the the worst gun, ok maybe it was, a jennings 22, and I shot that gun to death, after couple years and to many rds to count it started to double and triple tap when i pull the trigger, was neat, took it to local gun shop to see about getting it fixed and gun smith took it apart right in front of me and said , do you shot this a lot and i just smiled, he said it would coat more to fix it than to buy new, that was 35 years ago

guitarslinger21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    southwest
    Definitely had to be the beretta px4 storm subcompact. The trigger felt like a wet sponge on rubber bands. I couldn't hit anything with it either. I was a noob. Lesson learned.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I too agree with the 9VE being my worst hand gun ever purchased. Mine had issues with misfires on ever type of ammo I could think to try. 2 trips back to the factory... no joy.. I heard they used a softer metal in the firing pin that caused the mis or non fires...
    I had a 40VE, I never had a FTF or FTE, but that loooong trigger would drive me nuts, so much so that at times I would think I had a FTF and I just hadn't got the trigger back far enough. I didn't care for the elbow spraining recoil either, so I sold it and bought an M&P 45, I'm much happier with it,

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Any Ruger that was an "SR" line. I had a SR40 that was junk pretty much out of the box. Then I bought an SR45, which was even worse. Both were sent back to Ruger for repair. The 40 they replaced everything but the frame. The 45 they replaced the mag release and I forget what else. I would never trust an SR line with my life.

gm652

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Seymour
    Sig mosquito .22. Worst gun yet for me. Guaranteed to have at least one stove pipe in every magazine, regardless of what ammo I used. The bigger issue was the slide broke off about one inch from the barrel end after ~5000 rounds. Sig did replace the slide but did not correct the root cause of the failure, so I traded it for a buckmark. I believe the failure was a stress riser from an inadequate radius on the slide, at the point of the break, and cheap slide material.
    This is a picture broken slide.
    sig .22 slide.jpg

Last edited:

BOTA56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Columbia City
    I've never really bought a bad gun before, but my Mother-in-Law had me do some routine (10 year) maintenance on her Jennings J-22. The gun would not eject or feed properly, and after rigorous cleaning and a bit of filing some metal, I got it to eject and feed. Only problem left is getting the slide to retract enough to cock the gun...

So yeah, The Jennings J-22 is probably the worst gun I have ever had my hands on so far.

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Mine was an Eastern Bloc .22 bolt single shot. Had a really long heavy barrel. The guy that sold it to me said I would never find a more accurate .22. Young and dumb, I was sold. That thing shot horrible!!!! The bore was all kinds of wrong, pitted, interrupted lands...just plain gone. That's when I learned to check bore condition at purchase. I've seen several of them rifles since than and everyone of them have a nasty, ratty-a** bore. I'd like to tell y'all the Country and model to watch out for but I'm at a loss?

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    The first handgun I ever bought was a lemon, since then I have tried hard to not make a poor buy (in terms of the gun itself) by thoroughly researching each and every gun I bought. However I have had a pretty raw deal before I swallowed willingly and regretted later. Like buying a gun at well over the average going rate impulsively, based on imagined necessity. Worse was selling it later only to taste that regret again as I lost again by only managing to recoup 60% of the going rate. Buying a junk gun and getting screwed is one thing, buying a decent gun and still getting screwed, that's a sour flavor!

Top Bottom