Worst gun you ever owned (Include your favorite also)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Worst: Sig Sauer Mosquito. Way too picky with ammo and the magazines were expensive. It was fun to shoot when it worked, but just too frustrating when it didn't. Traded it in for my Remington 870.

Best: S&W M&P15. It's an AR-15, what more do I have to say.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    The worst was an Amt lightning it was a jammy little sob hated it.

Best mossberg 835 turkey cause it just doesn't give a sh*t dirty rainy muddy sandy big shells small shells it does it all.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Worst: Jennings J22 POS, jammamatic junk. Kassner M16/22 cal rifle. Looked like a M16, bolt fell apart after 1 bx of 22 LR ammo fired returned to factory( Phillipines Islands, I think) gone for months. Jammamatic after returned. Traded both for a single shot H&R 20 ga shotty that I still use for hunting. 20 yrs now!
    Favorites: G19, S&W 442, S&W M10 4in Skinny bbl. Never an issue, always dependable to shoot.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Worst: Taurus 605 Stainless 2" revolver. Would lockup after 3 rounds of .357. Sent it back to the factory 3 times before they fixed it. I won't by another gun from Taurus ever again.

Best: Colt Anaconda in .45 Colt. It is by far the most pleasurable gun I've shot. The .45 Colt is a great round and in such a large frame is a joy to shoot.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    If there is a worst, it's got to be my Rem. 1187 12g.

Can't figure out why it sucks so bad, it just shoots horribly. It's 20g counterpart is an absolute tackdriver, and you'd never know they were the least bit related.

The rest of the batch are all my favorites, as I bought them and researched them for a specific purpose in mind. Mind you, if you look in my safe, I've done some multi tasking, but they are all a lot of fun to tinker with.:)

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Well a long time ago when I young and stupid I bought a Coonan .357 semi auto. When I got it home and shot it the thing jammed. I didn't know much about gun stuff then so I thought it was a piece of junk. I took it back and traded it on something else. At the time I would have said that was worst gun I've ever owned but now in hind sight I wish I had it back. My really worst gun is a Bryco .380 that I still have.

Best gun... wow, hard decision. Have to say my S&W M&P 9c.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Worst gun was Ruger LCP. Not really all that bad but worse than the rest.

Favorite gun is my first gun and it was bought for me by my father. My Mossberg 500 20gauge. May not be the funnest gun but it always brings back the best memories.
    First 12 gauge I ever shot was at scout camp. Mossberg 500 12 gauge. My dad decided to buy me a 870 though.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Worst: toss up between the hk P30L and sig 556. over hyped and under delivered.

Best: Aresenal SLG-21? ( ak-74) and a toss up on pistols either my smith model 57 6", or my glock 34

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Worst- Hungarian PA-63 in 9mm Mak....trigger busted on the 5th shot, dealer took it back and laid it in a pile with about 4 other broken ones.

Favorite- probably a tie between my Les Baer Premier II 1911 and my Citori 325 Sporting Clays.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    The worst gun I ever had owned was a Phoenix HP22a .22 pistol. It was incredibly picky about the ammo it liked, it weighed a ton for a mouse gun, and you had better have an hour to spare once you broke it down because it was an absolute bear to get back together. I was just window shopping one day with no plans to buy, and the dealer threw out a stupid low number on this gun. Now I know why. That was my first and last impulse buy.

As far as my best, I try and do my homework, so I'm very pleased with everything I own right now. Glocks, S&W's, Rugers, Sigs.

mdwildcat04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    E-Ville
    Worst..... (I know I'm going to catch flack for this....) Glock 22 (police trade in) sure it was reliable, but the grip angle was too far off. Every time I pointed the gun, I was aiming too high. Add the light frame and the snappy .40S&W round, and I couldn't hit anything with it. Also, the grip was too square, and was just too uncomfortable. It went bang every time I pulled the trigger, but it just wasn't a good fit for me.

Best (again, I'm sure more flack inbound), our "his' and her's" Taurus PT92s. Her's is in stainless, mine in blue, both run like clockwork. They both eat anything we feed them, including steel cased, hard primer Russian ammo. We both love them!

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Worst - Astra 600 9mm pistol. It takes 2 degrees in mechanical engineering to learn to disassemble, and 1 in theology to figure out how to get it back together!

Best - Remington 512T w/ Lyman peep sight (22lr) built in 1946 and about as much fun as a bolt gun can be to shoot.
    :ingo:

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    The worst was trading a Glock 17 for a Sig Sauer P220 in .45 ACP. I was proud as a peacock thinking I had just purchased the Cadillac of firearms. Took it to an outdoor range. I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it. May have been operator error on my part but it was gone in six weeks and purchased another Glock (22).

As for a favorite, I would have to say my Glock 30 SF in .45 ACP. Compact and powerful and deadly accurate.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I've never really owned (bought) a bad gun, but my uncle gave me a Titan 25, I never shot it, so I can't say it was my worst. The worst gun I've ever seen was an RG 38 spl., I saw a buddy put it in his front pocket and bend down to talk to someone, when he stood up it discharged, plowed a nice tunnel through his thigh, combination junk gun and dumba$$ owner.
    Best gun is a S&W 686PP with a 6" barrel.

Top Bottom