• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    Taurus 608 purchased 2 months ago. Cylinder wouldn't always rotate without help. I could not even swing the cylinder out to load/unload without smacking it with the side of my hand. Heavy trigger. I bought it brand new and love the way it looks! 8-.357 shots available. 8-3/8" barrel. All Stainless with a top rib and muzzle ports. This gun is a huge, impressive piece of crap!

I spent about 8 hours grinding, polishing, smoothing. I added $10 worth of lighter hammer and trigger springs. The gun now shoots reliably and works the way it should have before it left the factory. I enjoy working on hand guns, but no revolver should be this unreliable from the factory! I noticed a lot of Taurus problems in this thread. Be aware of what you are getting. I would not purchase another without spending some time at the range with it first!

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I'd have to say there is a tie for worst gun in my firearms history. I had an Excam .380 that was nearly the size of a full-sized 9mm. It had numerous "issues." The other was a Grendel P10. The trigger pull was like squeezing the lever on a staple gun. To make matters worse, you had to lock the slide open and load it using AR15/M16 style stripper clips. The P10 didn't have a removable magazine.

Last edited:

natestyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I bought a m&p upper on plumb crazy lower. it was in 5.45. the hammer wasn't strong enough to make the Russian ammo go off. I had to cycle the ammo through twice to make it go off. replaced hammer spring and then got rid of it. junk

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Not that it's a bad gun at all, as it's actually really nice, but it's a Ruger SP101 in a .32 H&R Magnum. The ammo is hard to find and expensive. A friend reloaded some ammo for me for it, and that's about what i'm stuck doing to shoot it.

I have another SP101 in a .38/.357 and it's what I should have bought first.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    Bought a SIG Mosquito about 4 years ago and it had so many FTF, FTE's that I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Even CCI Mini-Mags were questionable.

Same here. Had a Sig Mosquito right after they were released and had lots of FTE/FTF issues. Went back to the factory 1x and upon return had the exact same issues even with quality ammo. Went back to the factory a 2nd time and they sent a new gun in return. Instead of chancing it again, I have my local FFL buy the 2nd new gun instead of transferring it to me. Didn't regret that after reading about similar issues online.

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    Winchester model 190 .22 rifle

I've had it for over 20 years and it's the only gun I've ever had that I can COUNT on seeing two or three FTE's per tube. That, and to hit anything you had to be able to reach out and touch it first.

Many a generation of squirrel owe thanks to that rifle.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Fnp .40. I bought new from Midwest Gun and range, loved the way it looked and felt in hand. Day one at the range it felt kinda cheap, plasticky not poly. It shot low and right and didn't group well at all, once warm would get fliers regularly, had a few others prove this. Second time at the range after 13 rds changes the mag and a spring and a flat piece of plastic fell out. FNH customer service was the most horrid and abysmal experience I've ever had at any point in my life with any product not just guns. 6 months later I get a new one from FNH after a irate and leagaly threatening call... Fliers. Sold with 50 rds through it. In cursed FNH since and I always will.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    My worst was my first....
    It was a Smith and Wesson Sigma a year or so after they were intially introduced. It had FTF, FTE and stove piped every fourth round regardless of ammuntion or shooter.
    It is the basis of all firearm related nightmares I have...;)

Stay safe

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Surplus Star BM, could never get it to cycle, friend bought one at the same time and had the same problem. Loved the look and feel maybe get another one someday. Bradis took it back and I got a 1911 A1 :)

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Worst new gun

A couple of years ago my sister told me that she wanted a shotgun for home protection. She liked the black stocks and the satin nickel finish on the Charles Daly model pump. I got it for her. Later that year she told me that it was malfunctioning. It would not load from the magazine if there was more than 1 round in it. Insert 1 round in the magazine and it loads great. Load 2 in the magazine, and when you work the slide, both rounds slam against the rear of the action and jam to the point of almost having to disassemble the firearm to correct the jam. I sent it back to the factory. It came back, and absolutely nothing has been done. Now, Charles Daly has closed their doors, and no one wants to try to fix it. DennyMac

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I've had two that I would consider terrible.
    One was a plastic Grendel .380 that would jam, FTF or FTE every other round, with any ammo.

The other was a Colt Mustang. The trigger felt like you were dragging a cement block across a gravel driveway.

Smokeeater

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Warsaw
    I had a Smith & Wesson SV40 that gave me nothing but trouble. Ended up sending it to company and they gave me a voucher for the full price toward and new firearm. Took several months of phone calls back and forth for them to admit it was a "lemon".

Replaced semi-auto with a revolver.

Top Bottom