• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmiley1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    I had a Beretta Model 21 Bobcat several years ago in .22 LR. Without a doubt, the worst gun I have ever used. Trigger pull was amazingly long and strong which meant a smoot trigger pull was almost impossible. I know that you use a gun like that for VERY close situation, but I swear you couldn't hit a target at 6 feet. Sold it not long after I bought it.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    First (and last) mossberg 500. Nothing fundamentally wrong, other that I grew up on Remington, and its entirely counter intuitive to what Ive known for 20 years.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Glock 22 Gen 2. Most inaccurate POS I've owned. Sgt May, the guy that talked me into buying a Glock said the same thing about it also.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ^ G22s are hard to handle, had to train with mine quite a bit before i was accurate with it. never had a gen 2 tho, dunno the ability of em. that would have been right the first g22 model i think?

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    ^ G22s are hard to handle, had to train with mine quite a bit before i was accurate with it. never had a gen 2 tho, dunno the ability of em. that would have been right the first g22 model i think?

Didn't have any problems with the Gen 1. I bought my Gen 2 with in a week or two of them hitting the market. Maybe there was a design flaw that caused issues with the Gen 2. :dunno:

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I try to buy quality so I haven't had any guns that were a total piece of crap but the most frustrating gun I've ever had was my Spike's Tactical ST22. I was an early adopter and I think they may have improved since then but I just can't get it to function for anything.

I can take mags that run flawlessly in my brother's ST22 and it will choke on mine. I can take my brother's bolt and put it in my gun and it runs great. My bolt will run great in his gun, but won't run in mine. I can take mags that mine chokes on and his will devour every single round. I've tried swapping everything with his and I think mine is just plagued with some sort of mysterious "ghost" that is wreaking havoc on it. No matter how many times I tune it or adjust it, or replace parts I just can't get it to function.

Some suggested sending it back to Spike's. Last time I check on that they wanted me to pay shipping both ways to do that. I'm already hundreds of dollars into wasted parts & ammo trying to tune it, last thing I want to do is send it to Spike's to have them say, "worked fine for us" when it decides to have a good day and function good but only while they have it.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    Worst guns

I have had two disasters. The first was a Taurus model 85 DAO 38 Special. The cylinder would bind up tight, rendering gun useless. The other dud was a Keltec P3AT. It jammed more than it fired. I traded it the same day I bought it. Horrible.

frigus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    NWI
    Jennings 22

I was given a Jennings .22 that my dad had bought for my mom to carry in her purse. What a piece of junk. I last shot it about 15 years ago. Had the slide blow off the gun in my hand. Tried to find the peices in the dirt and pput it back together. I ended up turning it in at a buy back in Gary. Got $50.

Reapermaxx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hi point 9 mm myself. I didn't know any better at the time and it was a best price. That thing had so many FTF incidents. There are advantages to gun buybacks in some cases.

mfirem19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Grant County
    By far for me the RUGER LCP was the worst pistol I ever owned or shot. Although a cheap carry would not depend on it if my life was on the line. Sold it about a week after I purchased it.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Worst gun was a cheap impulse buy from a friend who needed cash a older high point 9. The thing sounded like a toy from the shelf of walmart rattling so much. Sortest time owning a gun ever resold it within 35 mins.

Top Bottom