• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I just picked up a G2C off PSA for $179. Needed a cheap gun I did not care much about to leave in my Polaris Ranger out on my land. This seemed to fit the bill.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Let’s see here....

American Company = No
    Bad Reputation for junk = Yes
    Guns for serious shooter = No

you do the math.

just my 3 cents and 50+ years of experience

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Anyone have any experience with the Taurus PT709 Slim? I have been thinking of getting one for just summer time carry (shorts weather) instead of the Ruger that I normally carry? Buds Guns reviews on it are really good (85% are 5 Stars) but I thought I'd ask those on here who might have owned one or currently own one for their opinion.

I have a 709, a 809, 940 and 845, all 4 of them have been reliable and flawless. The 940 I've had almost 20 years and over 2 thousand rounds through it, the 809 has had well over 10,000 with a one day training event In Evansville with several INGO'ers with the late HandK with over 1500 rounds on a 98 degree day.

The 709 I initial bought for my self and was going to be my late wifes carry gun when she got her permit, but failing health never let her progress to go for training.

I would, and do trust each of those four firearms with my life.

Indybeerman

AjKilgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2019
    Northern Area
    I own one since it was very cheap and a 9mm. I got it for my wife to practice with since her hands are too small for my shield. Plus it helped her get over the wincing reaction anticipating the shot. Hardly use it anymore, it is spare house protection now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've owned several never had a problem with them. Own a model 44 6.5" barrel for over 26 years over 5000 rounds through it not one problem.

I owned a PT92 several years ago thousands of rds through it not one problem.

I owned a 617 7 shot snub nose revolver. The cylinder thumb release screw csme loose so I put lock tight on it mo more problems.

Just bought a TX22 waiting for it to come in.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    I find myself tempted at their price point at times, but after the couple Ive owned I'll never go back. They do have the best hold music, which is good cuz you will be hearing it for a long while.

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    I have a few Taurus pieces that are just as reliable as my 17 Glocks. I've never had one misfeed, FTE, FTF, etc with my G2 or G2C. I plan on buying the G3 when it hits the stores. My 617 shoots 357 mag like a dream. It's one of the three magnums that hold 7 rounds. The others being the Smith 686/586, which I also own. Solid lockups, soft recoil, I can't ask for more.

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Bought only one - a used Taurus 96 22lr revolver probably 10 years ago. First saw it in the gun case I thought it was an old Smith 17. Took a chance on the Taurus and have no regrets - actually turned out to be more accurate than I had expected and nice looking with the Hogue grips.
    View attachment 80209

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Just bought a Taurus Stainless 856 Ultralite Revolver in .38" special online from Kentucky Gun Co. Price was $237 (credit card price) with free shipping and Taurus has a $30 rebate that runs through the end of September purchases. Too good to pass up.

Top Bottom