• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Strike anywhere matches.....The real ones....Ohio Blue Tip.

There is another company that makes "strike anywhere". On the rare occasion I can find them, I get them by the case. They work, but not nearly as well as the old Ohio Blue Tip.
    I don't think they were OBT, but the local Ace Hardware had Strike Anywhere matches when I was there today

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The ones I have bought in the last few years should be labeled Strike Hardly Anywhere Matches. I can only get them to strike on the box or a diamond sharpening stone.

These were fun.
    iu

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I was very close to my maternal grandfather and he passed away 11 years ago when I was 18. I'd love to go with him in his old truck that might not make up the hill and work with him at his and my uncle's property one more time. There are so many memories out there and at his house.

My Dad and his friends have taught me so many things about cars and mechanical things at his shop that I couldn't even begin.

I also miss gas cans that the gov decided were "unsafe".

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    On here it's probably redundant but I miss the Patriotism people had (most) The
    Pledge of allegiance in school. Being taught patriotism in school. Remember when TV signed off at the end of the day and showed Blue angels and a USA Flag waving and Mt Rushmore or what not. Didn't matter Dem or Republicans most still had Patriotism. They loved and respected America. It was cool to be picked as the kid that got to go out and raise the flag on the pole outside the school. Officer friendly. Herman Hogelbogel..Remember him? The Herman Hogelbogel good citizen award in school. There's way more but....ya can't go back Bob...walking dead reference..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I use to pomp Amaco Ultimate Gold in my car for .359 a gallon.
    In the day (the way back machine Mr. Wizard) we could get "Super" Ethyl for 30.9. The Sunoco 260 pumps were more greedy but our street cars thrived on the good stuff. 1971 my daily driver was a 64 Dodge Polara with a 426 Hemi between the fender wells. And it was no where near stock. The sounds these cars made was music to me and I miss those sounds.
    I miss those gas prices aa well.....:):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    On here it's probably redundant but I miss the Patriotism people had (most) The
    Pledge of allegiance in school. Being taught patriotism in school. Remember when TV signed off at the end of the day and showed Blue angels and a USA Flag waving and Mt Rushmore or what not. Didn't matter Dem or Republicans most still had Patriotism. They loved and respected America. It was cool to be picked as the kid that got to go out and raise the flag on the pole outside the school. Officer friendly. Herman Hogelbogel..Remember him? The Herman Hogelbogel good citizen award in school. There's way more but....ya can't go back Bob...walking dead reference..
    That's Fascism!!!!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Frog hunting with air guns.

In the pre-teen years, I used to run around with some buddies in a small farming community in Ohio. On summer nights, we would hit the creek that wound through the area with spotlights and air guns. The place was loaded with large bullfrogs....and they made for some good eating!

I remember 6 of us were walking back to one of our houses after midnight loaded down with frogs in fish baskets and carrying pellet guns. Local Peace Officer pulled up along as as we were walking along. Guy rolled down his window and said, "Hey boys. Looks like you had a good night!".

He asked us about the hunt and gave us a chance to tell our hunting stories. He seemed interested in hearing them. We were interested in telling them....we thought we were the kings of the wilderness! Then he wished us well, told us to be careful heading home, and said, "See ya next time!"

When we got to Kevin's house, we stayed up late cleaning frogs and making plans for the next time. Kevin's mom was a good cook. She would often fry up the legs for us boys to have a feast.

Man, what a different world!

Top Bottom