Yoga pants Poll...The Devil's Pantaloons or Heaven sent????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoga pants..Devil's pantaloons or Heaven sent?

• Total voters

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I've been meaning to post about this subject and this just leaves me no excuse. A few weeks ago while visiting the inlaws, my SIL who is a feminist and I had a discussion about this. The school where her 16 year old daughter attends is considering banning yoga pants. Of course the SIL is totally against the idea and thinks it's sexist. She said that girls shouldn't be punished just because some boys are distracted by it.

Now I'm all for yoga pants for adults. But I told her that if I had a daughter I wouldn't allow them. Of course the SIL thiught I was being sexist. I didn't push the issue because her daughters were there and I it was just inappropriate timing to escalate the conversation.

I'd liked to have proposed that if it's okay for teenage girls to wear yoga pants, and that teen aged boys shouldn't be distracted by that, how about some fair play. Let's let boys go shirtless and wear spandex biking shorts. Let's see if teenage girls are distracted by that.

so what do you y'all think? I'd love to get a mom's opinion on that.

OK- strictly as a Mom- I have some yoga pants...what USED to be called yoga pants, not these things that look like tights. Even so, I wear a longer shirt over them, and only around the house. My daughter is grown now, but if she were not, the only way I'd let her wear the new yoga pants in public would be with a long shirt that covered her butt and crotch.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I can relate... my High School days were in the 70's. We were not teased by yoga pants... we had to endure these:
    View attachment 48351

Yeah, thank god yoga pants saved us from the 70's.

7c553c425ea7b01bf377698919c698b1.jpg

mini_skirts.jpg

mini-dress-circa-1970s-model-wears-a-crepe-playsuit-from-ossie-clarks-quorum-fashion-show-held-in-london.jpg

Mini+Skirt+in+School+with+Male+Teacher+of+the+1970s+%252815%2529.png

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Depends on who's wearing them.

If you weigh over 300 pounds, or you're a man, you probably shouldn't wear yoga pants. If you're both, there is no probably about it.

You realize, of course, that you just force me to acquire yoga pants and wear them in your presence.

I'm not sure based on the photos that we all have the same definition of yoga pants. Some seem to show what I consider tights. Yoga pants are form fitting, but they're not tights and they have those little flares at the ankle.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OK- strictly as a Mom- I have some yoga pants...what USED to be called yoga pants, not these things that look like tights. Even so, I wear a longer shirt over them, and only around the house. My daughter is grown now, but if she were not, the only way I'd let her wear the new yoga pants in public would be with a long shirt that covered her butt and crotch.

Thought I saw something about them being intended to be worn under something like a long short, or shorts.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    K-22 Masterpiece > bacon

The bacon is gone in a few seconds or minutes whereas the K-22 Masterpiece stays with you your whole life.

Yes indeed...

"Hey big man...You big man...I love you long time cowboy..Me want your .22 loads filling me up long time..... I go long time with little cleaning......No load too hot 'cause I built on K frame....Clean me or not.....I shoot dirty for you....If chamber too tight brush me up with Hoppes #9...I love you long time...."

(It's kind of weird my K 22's talk like Asian hookers...Or is it?????:))

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes indeed...

"Hey big man...You big man...I love you long time cowboy..Me want your .22 loads filling me up long time..... I go long time with little cleaning......No load too hot 'cause I built on K frame....Clean me or not.....I shoot dirty for you....If chamber too tight brush me up with Hoppes #9...I love you long time...."

(It's kind of weird my K 22's talk like Asian hookers...Or is it?????:))

Perfectly normal, perfectly healthy.

[video=youtube;zm_5FXwyqFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm_5FXwyqFU[/video]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We know what you wanted to bump!

I would tell you I was trying to find another thread and this one came up in the search results and noticed it was almost a year old so I bumped it, but you wouldn't believe me.

For the record, kids are gone for the night and my wife and I are headed to a concert. Neither of us has to get up in the morning either. :wink: :wink:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would tell you I was trying to find another thread and this one came up in the search results and noticed it was almost a year old so I bumped it, but you wouldn't believe me.

For the record, kids are gone for the night and my wife and I are headed to a concert. Neither of us has to get up in the morning either. :wink: :wink:

:):

MrsSilverlight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Sorry guys, not a one of those are actually yoga pants. Some are leggings, and some are athletic pants.

I'm not sure why yoga pants are more attractive than running shorts or biking shorts. And they show leg.

And teens should wear tops long enough to cover their rear ends in public, mom's opinion.

And I'll add synthetic fibers make everything swampy. You're welcome.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Sorry guys, not a one of those are actually yoga pants. Some are leggings, and some are athletic pants.

I'm not sure why yoga pants are more attractive than running shorts or biking shorts. And they show leg.

And teens should wear tops long enough to cover their rear ends in public, mom's opinion.

And I'll add synthetic fibers make everything swampy. You're welcome.

I realize you are new here, but have you met Denny yet?

Top Bottom