• ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    https://fairus.org/issue/legal-immigration/temporary-protected-status

One of the many reasons our government is dysfunctional this program really is on the stupid side and should be abolished.
    It was formed out of the perceived guilt of the US turning away boatloads of Europeans during WW2. Then somehow included natural disasters? This and a about another million or so programs to find a way to the US till we become as bad as the place they left.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    George Carlin 1970ish, "We need to whip a little democracy on them."

Progs today, "They need to whip a little third world on us"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hold on to your socks, this is just the first phase.

ETA I agree with schizophrenic. Congres passes a law, temporary, and administrations decide not to obey it.

There is a new Sheriff in town.

Well, in terms of schizophrenic immigration policy, it goes even deeper than that, but I'll take whatever common ground with you that I can find. ;)

The new sheriff, IMHO, isn't any different than prior sheriffs. Maybe worse.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Who did the former Sheriffs make leave.

This gotta bash Trump at every turn attitude is juvinile.

We are discussing one aspect of a very large picture. this aspect concerns the deportation of a group that by law was brought in nearly 8 years ago.

I know that the former administration did not obey this law and am glad that this one is taking a positive step to keep this law.

Somebody I used to listen to on the radio would lets focus in on the issue like a laser beam. I do not agree with everything anyone has ever done, including you, but I can not let what I don't like jade my entire opinion of them.

We all live in glass houses. Personally I am retty sure the statute of limitations covers all of my missteps.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Who did the former Sheriffs make leave.
    Lots of people. Thousands. A little research goes a long way.

This gotta bash Trump at every turn attitude is juvinile.
    Not sure if this is directed at me, but I'll respond on my own behalf. Trump deserves bashing for things he does that are unprincipled, deceitful, and uber-politician-like. He ran as a non-politician, yet, he acts every bit the part. And not the good kind.

We are discussing one aspect of a very large picture. this aspect concerns the deportation of a group that by law was brought in nearly 8 years ago.
    Thanks, but this is the internet. ;) You are no more able to define the discussion than I am. :) The comment of the politician in the OP (the "punk" part) was not limited to the immigration issue.

I know that the former administration did not obey this law and am glad that this one is taking a positive step to keep this law.
    While violating others.

I get it.

We like the politicians that favor the laws we like over the laws we don't like. That's human nature.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But, someone said he is breaking other laws. Russia, Russia, Russia.

Top Bottom