You have $500 for a used .45. What would you get?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm surprised you typed that where people can read it. Lol.

No reason to lie about it. It is not a constant but it has on occasion happened. It was the SA/DA CopperHead.

I put the rail on it.

Cedrhoj.jpg

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I think you should add $150 to the $500 you already have, post 10 more times so you have 50 posts, then pm me about my Colt Defender 1911. It's everything you want.

Last edited:

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    I am a fan of the Defender, though it has a 3" barrel and 7+1, correct? I held one at Atterbury and I have noticed they are easily found in other places. What made you go with the Defender over others?

Last edited:

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I am a fan of the Defender, though it has a 3" barrel and 7+1, correct? I held one at Atterbury and I have noticed they are easily found in other places. What made you go with the Defender over others?

the price they were asking for it was exactly how much money I had in my pocket that day and I just couldn't leave the gun show without a gun(this was nearly 15 years ago). Turned out I really liked it though, it's been a good shooter.

michaelward50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Criteria: Used (so you can get that better quality cheaper) 4" - 4.5" barrel. No plastic, upgradeable, easy to feed and find parts for, carry gun OWB and HD. What will it be? :)

I have a Bersa Thunder .45 UltraCompact (3.5" barrel), but they make one with a 4.3" barrel too if that's a selling point for you. I have had mine for 8+ years, daily carry. I have really come to love it (8 years will make you love or hate any gun, I'm sure). It's never had any problems with reliability at all. They do have a lifetime warranty as well if you do have issues (my guess is that not a lot of people have to use that).

Solid, accurate, has a rail underneath, very durable, comfortable to carry.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a daily CC .45

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Not having much luck with metal .45s. Asked to see CZ97 for sizing purposes (none in stock, very hard to find). I'd like to try one out first if possible, but I did get to handle the Sig P320 Carry, and for the price and even though it's polymer, I think it will be my first .45. The new releases have the trigger upgrade in them already.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The SAR K2 45 is good to go and can be found for under 400 when you can. I read somewhere they are no longer imported into the country. I'm glad I picked mine up when I did.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I'm a 9mm guy, but if I was buying a $500 .45 it would be a Glock 30 SF. I don't have one anymore but would love to find another. I shot that pistol better then any other I've had.
    I really like the 30SFas well. In addition to being a nice shooter, it will ALSO take any G21 mags and will fit in G19-G17 holsters. Plus, 10 rounds of .45 is impressive for standard capacity.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Not having much luck with metal .45s. Asked to see CZ97 for sizing purposes (none in stock, very hard to find). I'd like to try one out first if possible, but I did get to handle the Sig P320 Carry, and for the price and even though it's polymer, I think it will be my first .45. The new releases have the trigger upgrade in them already.
    If you are considering polymer, give a M&P 45 2.0 a handle. You might like it.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Hey! I travel sometimes! Thanks for all the input. I really liked the feel of the 320, and with night sights I feel its a step above the M&P. Glock ergos don't suit me well, and though I do own two Smiths, I am confident in and excited about a Sig. Their action has always felt like butter to me.

Top Bottom