You may not want a door seat on your next flight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    People that worked in aircraft maintenance used to have a very distinct high performance culture. Dependability and competency were the foundation upon which a technician built his career. Good techs thrived and bad techs were beat down by peer pressure until they moved on. Everyone in the culture knew that a bad tech would cost everyone time, money and possibly lives. When I started out as a jet tech in 1979, it was a high pressure/high performance enviroment.

I'm afraid the aircraft maintenance culture of forty years ago is long dead and gone. It has been wiped clean by fashonable DEI programs and MBA managers who outsource maintenance to the lowest bidder.
    That culture was white and male. Under the current political paradigm, it has to be destroyed and replaced by diversity culture, which has completely different values.

Complex Systems Will Not Survive The Competence Crisis.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    That culture was white and male. Under the current political paradigm, it has to be destroyed and replaced by diversity culture, which has completely different values.

Complex Systems Will Not Survive The Competence Crisis.
    When I started out in the USAF, my supevisor and section chief were both black. In fact our crew was 50% black. Back then, it did not matter about race. It was all about competency and hard work.

It seemed the only ones who had a harder transition in becoming good mechanics were people from NY, NJ or CA urban areas. They all lacked mechanical common sense, that those of us raised in flyover land had acquired.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm afraid the aircraft maintenance culture of forty years ago is long dead and gone. It has been wiped clean by fashonable DEI programs and MBA managers who outsource maintenance to the lowest bidder.
    This. Major inspections and/or overhauls on airliners are generally no longer done here in the states. Its often cheaper for them to fly an empty plane to SE Asia, pay pennies on the dollar for the labor, then fly it back.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Terrorists Decide Against Hijacking Plane After Realizing It's A Boeing
    U.S.·Mar 13, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
    Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
    Article Image

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Boeing overwrote the footage of the work done on the door.
    The most interesting part though was the NTSB statement that Boeing did not have any documentation on who worked on the door, but then says "after we were advised by his attorney that he would not be able to to provide a statement or interview to the NTSB, due to medical issues".

boeing%20letter.jpg
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/congressman-sold-boeing-stock-hours-doj-probe-was-announced

Guess it will remain a mystery huh? As in they will not allow information (Boeing and NTSB) to see the light of day.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have yet to get out of my seat for anything other than exiting the plane.

Chicago to Rome tested my abilities but I was 13 and use to holding it all day. -I know thats a skill of the past.
    You haven't been on a long enough flight. Chicago to Seoul was 18 hours. No way I was not getting up multiple times lol

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    My son was flying home from Texas and had his flight cancelled because of this issue with that plane. He ended up renting a car and driving back with 5 other people.. not sure how that’s going to be any faster

Not any faster, but he'll end up with a lot better story to tell.
    A ho-hum recounting of a mundane appendage ripping off your jetliner can't begin to compare to the epic of an 1100 mile road trip with 6 people crammed in a car.

Top Bottom