• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Plenty of room for 1K yard shots all day, noise doesn't seem to be an issue either, just have to watch for cars down range. The center median is good for bench shooting as well.

i465inexit9ab_03.JPG

On a serious note, some nice set up out there.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    man i'm jealous, if i even step outside with my guns out of the case Carmel PD would be here in seconds. i need to get a some land out in the country.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Well, I used to have pictures of our family range around somewhere... 500 yards, steel and paper hangers.

Unfortunately, I moved to southern IN for work and I am now 3 hours away from our range... So I don't shoot much anymore.

I'd love to find a place to shoot but so far I haven't found anywhere that was reasonably priced; nothing free around here unless you know somebody with some land.

Last edited:

YogiRC51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    My closest neighbor is about 300 yards away and not in the direction that I shoot. Other than the railroad ties the burm is all sand, no rocks. It is 6 feet tall. I only slow fire and keep the targets low. I plan on going a little higher next year.

Thanks for the info.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here is my work in progress! The paper plate is for the kids and their air guns, the squares are steel at about 30 yards. Then at the back is two sycamore logs six foot tall and about two foot thick, they have six pie plates on them, their about 60 yards.
    6994c47b.jpg

And this is how a real red neck does football, at the range! Lol.:D in the back yard.
    917e1470.jpg

Outstanding set up fellow redneck... When are you having a party? :D

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I want to go to there.

lovemywoods and I have built a range on his property, and we are both very proud of it. We also enjoy sharing it with INGOers through such events as NFA Day and the recently hosted MDFI courses.

Actually, its more like 4 ranges.

The 'main' range uses the lake dam as a large frontal backstop, with rising hills on the two sides, giving us 180 degree shooting. Front-to-back is 25 yards, and side-to-side is 50 yards.

sc3khf.jpg

1zb6hea.jpg

am2gyr.jpg

Here is when we installed several water drainage lines underground:

30w4c28.jpg

2ni5xki.jpg

2u9nas9.jpg

2hobdb5.jpg

The next range runs along the top length of the dam, giving us easy access to 50 yards for sighting in rifles.

30vhllc.jpg

a1p8qr.jpg

The third range starts in the middle of the dam, shooting to the other side, which is 206 yards away. This allows the rifles to stretch out and breathe a little bit.

16id4jm.jpg

2w1sd54.jpg

4hshom.jpg

The fourth range, and clearly the most redneck :D, is a cropping of hanging steel plates, shot from the elevated back porch. (I can't find a picture of the plates, just Kr_Treefrog2 poppin' muskrats)

2118lm9.jpg

And of course, every private range needs stuff to shoot at/on/with. lovemywoods is excellent at building stuff, and no detail is too minor.

PVC target stands: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/72420-lightweight_pvc_target_stands.html

Target stand for steel: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ade_target_stand_for_long_distance_steel.html

Shooting bench: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...3-built_my_own_shooting_bench_-_pictures.html

Top Bottom