• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    My first handgun was a Glock 19. I couldn't and still can't shoot it very well. My brother however does quite well with it, and I sold it to him. Its is just a Glock 19 think for me. I shoot my 17 and 21 well. Maybe it is just in my head.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I bought a SIG Mosquito because I was impatient and that is what was in stock. I really wanted a Walther P22.

12 years later (I'm only 33), the Mosquito is long gone, and I do have a P22. I learned a good lesson about patience on that one, and it has served me well on purchases ever since.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    Sig P220. It was what my dad was issued & what we were taught to shoot growing up. Made me realize I hate Sig’s looooooong DA/SA triggers & traded it in on a Kimber TLE/RL.

The trigger never ever bothered me when I was little but hated it as an adult.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ruger Blackhawk .44 mag, I was i the AF in New Mexico, and was reading everything I could on "Stopping power" and in 1983 .44 mag was "the most powerful hand gun on earth"............traded it for a Taurus PT-99, but back then fmj was just about the only round to be found.......

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    My very first one was a Ruger 22/45 that my dad gave me. I never liked it until I figured out how to take it apart properly.

My first one that I bought was a Colt Competition in the proper caliber. Long story short, AllenM has done some work on it and now it’s an awesome shooter and definitely my favorite pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My first firearm purhase that wasn't issued to me for a limited time was a S&W 4506-1 in 2012 a week after my wife and I got married. We had seen it in the store for the past 2 months and I told her when i went in I was going to buy it as it was meant to be. Since then I've increased my lot at least 30 fold. That April we both got our LTCH's and she got her first at the end of May a 9mm PX4 full size.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    My first handgun was a Colt Peacekeeper. Great revolver. Sold it to a friend several years after I got it. One of the guns I have sold that I would like to have back in the collection.

44fire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Beech Grove
    AMT Backup .380 bought in 1991 for $210. I still have it and it shoots terrible. Probably have better luck hitting the target by throwing it vs shooting it.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    My first was a surplus Star BM in 9mm, about 30 years ago.

I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, decided it was a piece of crap, and sold it.

I replaced it with a new Colt Series 80 1911 and found it didn't shoot any better than the Star. You can probably guess the rest.

In my defense, I grew up in a household where guns were not allowed, so I am a self-taught shooter. FWIW, I'm also considerably better now.

Oddly enough, I have been seriously considering obtaining one of the surplus Star BM's that are currently on the market.

cornbelt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Vincennes
    H&R .32 in S&W Long. Real piece of crap. But I learned how to fix it, and would carry it to the bean field for groundhogs when I was a kid. Even got one. I also learned that some guns are made more to sell than shoot. When I grew up, I traded it off and lived happily ever after.

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    My first was a Tanfoglio .32 ACP. I bought it at a show in Kansas in the early 90’s. I gave it to my Mom a few years back. I never really liked it but did not shoot as much then as I do now.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    Ruger P89. The father of a friend of mine had one and they let me shoot it on their farm. Couple years later, I happened upon one at a gun show and bought it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom