Your New Silverado is Ready. It's a 4 Banger.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This would actually work really well for my truck useage. I have no need to tow anything, but the availability to be haul light loads would be convenient. I have no way to justify the mileage, cost or size of current trucks. Would be wasteful on all three counts for me.

Think I’ll stick with renting a truck or borrowing dad’s for the 1 or 2 times it’s needed a year.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Weekend warrior commuter truck.

The smaller you make an engine the harder it has work, or the more you have to force [forced induction] it to compensate for it's size and it wears out faster.

There is no replacement for displacement.

You are correct, but people don’t see it that way. They just see 300 hp coming from a 4 cyl motor. If I’m buying a new truck I want a V8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    This would actually work really well for my truck useage. I have no need to tow anything, but the availability to be haul light loads would be convenient. I have no way to justify the mileage, cost or size of current trucks. Would be wasteful on all three counts for me.

Think I’ll stick with renting a truck or borrowing dad’s for the 1 or 2 times it’s needed a year.

Sounds like you should look at a tacoma. Love mine.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I had the same vomit in my mouth experience when Chevy brought the Camaro back after a short hiatus. The 4 banger had marginally more horsepower than my '98 SS LS1. :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can see this being something an Urbanite wanting a Cowboy Cadillac might consider.
    To me, (old school) the term "Truck" and "Mileage" have never been considered applicable. If you want a truck....to work it....then you pay the freight.
    We work our truck. All the time. The 5.3 is enough to do anything we need it to do inside its weight class. We can tow a loaded 26ft race trailer across country or a load of dimensional lumber in the bed....Inside of its weight class.
    There is just nothing about this new package that is appealing to me including the styling. To each their own of course.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Are they sequential? That's difficult to make work even in a race motor, let alone a daily driver

So few realize that from a daily driver standpoint, turbos are just a way to store engine heat in inappropriate ways

Are you aware that the ford ecoboost is twin turbo ? I think they may have produced a few thousand of them by now and thee must still be a few of them left on the road

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I wonder how the turbo is being lubricated. I just see people buying these and pulling into a parking spot and just turning the engine off. I can smell the burnt oil on those turbo bearings from here. I was taught to give the turbo a minute to spool down before shutting the engine off and with the instant gratification crowd I don't see that happening.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wonder how the turbo is being lubricated. I just see people buying these and pulling into a parking spot and just turning the engine off. I can smell the burnt oil on those turbo bearings from here. I was taught to give the turbo a minute to spool down before shutting the engine off and with the instant gratification crowd I don't see that happening.

It’s not 1986 anymore.

Top Bottom