Your opinion on the 50 post rule or become a Site Supporter for Classifieds Access

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you ok with the current classifieds set up? 50 posts or Site Supporter

• Total voters

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would:

• Require 50 posts before allowing access to the classifieds
      • This allows a user to show their level of involvement through direct participation rather than monetary compensation
    • Require 50 posts before being able to use Private Messages
      • This cuts down on users circumventing the rules
    • Waive both requirements for Site Supporters
      • They've already shown a level of involvement with financial support, which is equally important to the running of a website

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I would:

• This allows a user to show their level of involvement through direct participation rather than monetary compensation
      • They've already shown a level of involvement with financial support, which is equally important to the running of a website

Seconded.

Also:
    chriscrocker.jpg

earlykyler2012

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Grant County
    50 posts

As a newbie to INGO I didnt understand and disliked it:( but after being a member for 2 months now I agree with it :yesway:. I still dont have 50 posts but my moneys on the way to become a site supporter.( 37 posts is close enough.) Ive come a long way as to learning what this site is all about... and I like it.:rockwoot:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i voted no... i would have the gun/ammo/acc. stuff under the 50 post rule and all non firearm related stuff for free game.

i would have the private messages and the post number to get into the classifieds be under the same rule so there is no loophole. or hide the classifieds all together from people with under 50 posts.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I would:

Third...ed

On the other hand, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    As a newbie to INGO I didnt understand and disliked it:( but after being a member for 2 months now I agree with it :yesway:. I still dont have 50 posts but my moneys on the way to become a site supporter.( 37 posts is close enough.) Ive come a long way as to learning what this site is all about... and I like it.:rockwoot:

Oops! Your post count says 36 (as of this post). You must have used a one liner somewhere! :D

I'd like to fourth the earlier proposal. Sounds good to me.:rockwoot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I voted no simply because the many self appointed 50 post nannies are more annoying than those who show up only to use the classifieds.

I think the mods' jobs would be 10 times easier if the 50 post rule were lifted, bandwidth usage would go down as we wouldn't have all the useless posts from new members or the useless posts from the nannies calling them out on it. If the seller doesn't want to sell to a noon, he can choose not to. What's so hard about that?

Ingo'ers don't need a babysitter on who to buy from or sell to.
    No further comment.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I also think the 50 posts should have to be approved by a mod too...It's really chaps my *** when spammers break the rules and slip in under the mod radar and get a good deal on something before the staff catches it.

I would:

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm good with it. There's not much in life that is free, so either contribute intellectually, or financially. I had to go the financial route, even though I did not do it so much for the classifieds, but to keep my posts from getting deleted.

How about hiding the firearm classifieds until 15 posts, and then let the sellers decide whether or not to engage. Or, contribute $10.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    50 posts for classified access, or $10 AND 30 days. The $10 for supporter access can be made back with one good deal in our classifieds, and provides little impediment to unintended use. Intended use being defined as access by contributing members... site supporters or not.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We are all GUESTS on this site. Some pay to be supporters and some do not but all have to follow the rules. With those rules the site has grown to 10,000+ members. What % of those members has complained? I'd guess the complaints are limited to 1) short term members who just want to sell a gun and not join in the forums and a small % of new members.

Forums ONLY grow and thrive IF people contribute. The 50 post rule essentially is a training period that makes people contribute in a reasonably constructive manner.

I have NO problem with it now, I've never had a problem with it.

As I said, I'm a guest here and am grateful this site exists. I'll follow your rules.

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would:

Couldnt say it any better! This gets my full support :yesway:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I would keep the requirements as they are for selling in the classifieds. However, for buying I would eliminate the 50 post rule.

vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    I like the fact that there is something preventing anyone from attacking the classified adds. I'm currently working on getting 50 post and have been forced to read some interesting conversations and meet some new people. I don't agree with paying 10$ to get access to the ads. I will probably become a site supporter after I get my 50 post just because from what I've seen so far this is the type of community I would like to support.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    I would:

^^ I vote for this^^

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I would:

Sounds fair. :yesway:

Top Bottom