• AR or AK

• Total voters

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was thinking along the lines of a suppressed .22 myself for pure zombie sporting.

HOWEVER, you're also gonna have to contend with opportunistic bandits looking to jack your ****. For them I'll take the AK.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I'm goin Com-Bloc; AK47 for me boys and girls. Nothing against the AR. Trust me, I love my AR, I'd trust my life to it. But deep down I'm an AK kind of guy...

AK472.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    A improperly maintained AR will fail. You get carbon build up on parts with tight tolerances and they will seize up. Lubing your bolt every time will help, but eventualy it will malfunction. The AK is gas piston driven which is a big plus to me. I have never cleaned mine and it has never malfunctioned. I like both rifles, but, in a SHTF situation the AK will be my go to rifle.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    The AK is gas piston driven which is a big plus to me. I have never cleaned mine and it has never malfunctioned. I like both rifles, but, in a SHTF situation the AK will be my go to rifle.

Don't they make the conversion for the AR platform, just saying.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have both and love both.
    If I am staying put I will have my AK, if I have to move I will take the AR because ammo will be everywhere.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The AK is gas piston driven which is a big plus to me. I have never cleaned mine and it has never malfunctioned. I like both rifles, but, in a SHTF situation the AK will be my go to rifle.

Don't they make the conversion for the AR platform, just saying.

Sure, if you want to spend a bunch more money. Not to mention there are issues with them running correctly. You would be better off buying an AR that is already gas piston driven.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    If its a better set up, why wouldn't you want the best of both worlds, i didn't see anything about being under a certain amount of money. Piston driven is better, AR's are more accurate, so this seems like the best set up for a Zombie attack.

marine2f3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Ak's are accurate out to 300 hundred yards, but i would go with a 22LR you get more rounds for your money and that equals more kills.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Where can I buy copy of said Guide?

I also am sticking with my Mossberg 12 gauge. It will be backing up my AR (as soon as my funds allow me to buy it).

-MColford
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319035650&sr=1-1[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/World-War-Oral-History-Zombie/dp/0307888681/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b[/ame]

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If its a better set up, why wouldn't you want the best of both worlds, i didn't see anything about being under a certain amount of money. Piston driven is better, AR's are more accurate, so this seems like the best set up for a Zombie attack.

What you would spend on a piston driven AR. I could get a good AK, ammo and, mags. Sure I can not add a bunch of Mall Ninja tactical crap but I really do not need it. How often are you going to take shots past 300 yards honestly?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    What you would spend on a piston driven AR. I could get a good AK, ammo and, mags. Sure I can not add a bunch of Mall Ninja tactical crap but I really do not need it. How often are you going to take shots past 300 yards honestly?

Exactly what I've been thinking... the AK is plenty accurate out to the same range that you'd take a headshot with an AR. There is plenty of ammo available, suppressors are also made and just as common for them as they are an AR.

The only real difference that would matter is what all you wanted to put on it. If you want a flashlight, laser, extendable buttstock, etc etc that really makes no difference in this situation then they should get an AR.

Us AK guys will be the ones saving their arses when they have to call time out to clean their weapons... :rockwoot::):

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I guess i must have been the luckiest AR owner in the world because i have never had a problem with any AR, or M16 that i have ever fired. I also have no problem cleaning my guns once in awhile, battle cleaning doesn't take long at all if you know how to do it. Don't get me wrong, in the real world i will have both, but "my" favorite is the AR. I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with the AK at all, but i like to shoot as far out as i can, since the AR does that better, i will stick with it. By the way, the only attachment i put on my AR's is a scope, unless it's a SBR, then maybe a few extras.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Ak, mossberg 500, glock 27, bookbag of magazines/ammo/food/water/and clothes for hot/cold weather.

I also prefer my motorcycle to a car for MPG... however I am not opposed to making a civilian tank.

Top Bottom