Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 491 of 500 FirstFirst ... 391 441 481 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 5000

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by historian View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm going back when (if) the ban gets lifted here. I'm having that debate with myself.
    Oh... is this virus related concerns, or theological ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

I go every time I can. Hebrews 10:25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Oh... is this virus related concerns, or theological ones?
    Theological. I go to the store nearly every week.
    Everyone should own an Uzi

User Info Menu

Oh snap.

Color me WAAAAY off base.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

No worries. I saw a good one the other day that said that the Pope is promoting the priesthood of the believers and that evangelicals are saying that a physical gathering is necessary .

User Info Menu

Theological. I go to the store nearly every week.
    I shall continue to keep you on my prayer list.

No worries. I saw a good one the other day that said that the Pope is promoting the priesthood of the believers and that evangelicals are saying that a physical gathering is necessary .
    IKR!

It really goes to show how much our politics and non-theological ideology plays a part in what we think is purely spiritual.

User Info Menu

Just got the church's email about opening up. Ugh. People are cray cray.

User Info Menu

Here it is:

I want to thank you in advance for patiently reading through this long email as I seek to provide with clarity the steps we are taking as a church.
    After much discussion, prayer, and input from medical professionals and local health officials, the elders of Anchor have chosen to provide an in-person outdoor worship service beginning Sunday, June 14th. We will also be shifting our community groups to meet in person outdoors.

As I lay these plans before you, I do not ask or expect everyone to completely agree with the procedures being laid out. I simply ask that we practice charity with each other because we are a family, rescued by Christ, who loves each other and our community.

There is risk no matter what precautions we take as a church. Therefore, we will continue to provide a livestream of the service to serve those who are not able to attend because of their job, are not comfortable with the risk of attending, or are sick. We encourage you to make the decision that best serves you and your family.

Outdoor Worship Service.
    The outdoor service will be a family-style service that will last one hour and include worship, kidís teaching, sermon, and communion. If the weather is not conducive for an outdoor gathering, we will only provide livestream of the service.
    When: 9:30am beginning June 14th.
    Where: Behind the [redacted]ís house located at [redacted].

We have chosen to meet via an outdoor gathering based on two realities.
    1.UV rays significantly limit the risk of virus transmission.
    2.Outdoor ventilation significantly limits the risk of virus transmission.

With the goal of minimizing the risks of gathering in person, we have chosen to take the following precautions for our outdoor gatherings.
    Communion will be self-contained individual packets.
    Nothing will be passed for offering.
    No food or coffee will be served.
    There will be no Anchor Kids or Nursery.

With the goal of minimizing the risks of gathering in person, we are requiring those who attend to follow these precautions.
    Practice Social Distancing
    oFamilies units or individuals should sit at least 6 feet apart from others.
    We encourage families to bring a picnic blanket to provide kids with visual boundaries so that they can stay within the familyís social bubble. You could also bring a porta-crib for infants.
    oIndividuals should not greet each other with physical touch.

You must not have anyone in your household who is sick with any symptoms.
    oYou must not have a persistent cough.
    oIf you have been sick, please do not attend until you have been symptom free for 14 days. (Covid symptoms include cough, loss of smell or taste, diarrhea, severe headaches, weakness, muscle pain, shortness of breath, abdominal pain, fever, rash, sore throat, bruising or bleeding, joint pain, red eye, vomiting.)

You must not have been in contact with someone who was confirmed or suspected to have Covid-19 within the past 14 days.

Everyone must wear a 3-layer medical mask or better with no valve when you are singing or talking to people. (Anchor will provide a 3-layer medical mask to all those who do not have one.)
    oWe are requiring masks to be worn during the singing time because singing propels the virus much further than 6ft.
    oWe are requiring everyone to wear masks during the singing time because the primary value of the mask is keeping those who are asymptomatic from transmitting the virus to others.
    oWe are requiring and providing 3-layer medical masks because they have shown to significantly work better than homemade cloth masks in keeping those who are asymptomatic from transmitting the virus to others.

Community Groups
    We will immediately begin having in person outdoor community group gatherings that will practice social distancing and be limited to 10.

To follow both of these guidelines, we have chosen to have community groups meet in rotation with men and women meeting on alternating weeks. This will allow each community group gathering to stay under 10 and allow one spouse to watch their kids while the other spouse participates in community group.

At this time, we will require community groups that choose to meet indoors because of the weather to wear face masks.

Final Thoughts
    I will be checking in weekly with the Livingston county health department to evaluate the risks of our out door gatherings. Towards this end, there may come a time when we choose for a time to go back to only providing a live stream because the risk has increased.

I want to publicly thank [redacted], who has spent countless hours patiently letting me verbally process stuff and who has used her gifts and specialty as an epidemiologist to provide our elders with medical expertise so that we can make wise decisions.

If you are planning on attending our outdoor gathering let me know via email if you would like to serve with parking/greeting, sound, or set up. We could use your help.

I am thankful for each of you!

Blessings,
    [redacted]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    I don't think that's true - the authority part. Just as the bishop can decide or delegate to the local priest to determine whether it is "safe" to do the peace ritual, I believe they can also decide/delegate that.

In light of the virus spreading by oral droplets, I think it would be appropriate to prevent the priest/extraordinary minister from putting their hand right up to the person's mouth each time in succession.

I will try to get more info on that later, though.

We're wrestling with that, too. Our parish has added several masses and there's a sign-up genius thing to make sure the appropriate sq ft/person is met. And masks will be required (except for the priest).

We might give it a few weeks and see what happens.
    I'm going by Redemptionis Sacramentum, "...each of the faithful always has the right to receive Holy Communion on the tongue, at his choice..."

I think the difference between this and sign of peace is that one appears to be a right, whereas the sign of peace is an optional component of the new liturgy (I know priests who always omit it for reasons unrelated to hygiene).
    "Do not overthink it, gentlemen. It's only a gunfight, not an IRS tax audit." - Louis Awerbuck

User Info Menu

T.Lex, you know my heart, so I feel safe expressing it...

From the outside, I don't know who has crazier rules, RCC or Orthodox Jews.

You guys have the wafer rules, but they've got elevators that stop on every floor each Saturday...

Jesus comes, fulfills the law, ceremonial and cleanliness rules are gone... 500 years later a whole new set of rules are established.