Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 134 of 215 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2144

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Via email from Chet we have Progressives Gone Wild:
    … a growing trend in Seattle: municipal employees increasingly seeing their work as part of a broader agenda of radical social change. Over the past five years, the City of Seattle has rapidly added personnel under the auspices of “diversity, equity, and inclusion.” Christopher Peguero, for example, manager of the equity program at Seattle City Light, views his role as much more than providing reliable electricity to utility customers. As Peguero explained in a recent interview on the City of Seattle blog, public utilities can be instrumental in the fight against white supremacy. “Race is most central to addressing institutional oppression since it is central to historical inequity in the United States,” he says. “I feel that an inclusive model is the only way that we will ever reach collective liberation from institutional oppression.”
    There are several more examples but I particularly like this one:
    The Seattle Public Schools’ Ethnic Studies Task Force has launched a new math curriculum based on the idea that the “Western” model of instruction has “[disenfranchised] people and communities of color” and legitimized “systems that contribute to poverty and slave labor.” To fight this injustice, the task force argues, schools must transition “from individualistic to collectivist thinking” and implement a new math curriculum that will “liberate people and communities of color.”
    This is like something out of Atlas Shrugged or “The Crazy Years” as described in some of Robert Heinlein’s books. Stuff that was just too crazy to actually ever be real. But as I’ve heard people say before, “Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense.”

I could never have even imagined this | The View From North Central Idaho
    This is part of the reason so many families are turning to home schooling.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    This is a good read, sounds like the guy needed to be removed but his fellow seals didn't want it escalated as far as it was.

User Info Menu

Here is another article, from American Military News. I suspect President Trump knows more about this than we ever will.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...laghers-story/

User Info Menu

Kinda sounds like nyt is perhaps emphasizing some facts more than other facts.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Kinda sounds like nyt is perhaps emphasizing some facts more than other facts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    As long as the local citizenry pays for this they can increase the bureaucratic bloat exponentially. They will end up like New York in the 70s.
    And they will vote to try to turn the rest of the country into a cesspool.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/27/t...navy-seal.html

This whole Edward Gallagher thing confuses me. It looks like the nytimes released the interviews with fellow seal team 7 members and it looks pretty damning on the face of it. I would also think the navy would be hesitant to try their own for war crimes. What am I missing here that Trump seems to know? Is it that no matter what anyone on the US side does, they should never be tried for war crimes? Is it that Gallagher didn't do/wasn't who his fellow seals said he was? Their testimony was influenced/ coerced to serve some nefarious end?
    It seems like Gallagher was a psychopath with a license to kill on the face of it. What's this deep state conspiracy against him I've not seen elaborated yet?
    Apropos of nothing, but an interesting side note. Gallagher is a Hoosier native. He's from Fort Wayne and graduated from Bishop Dwenger High School.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm inclined to take the word of an alleged "psychopathic killer" (your words, not mine) than a known pathological liar (the NYT). I'd tend to believe that he was decorated for doing his duty, part, if not most of which, included killing the enemy. I don't much care how he did it or if he did it. Doing that was his duty, and that appears to be what he did.
    And what about the word of the other SEALs that pointed the finger at the guy? From them it seems that the guy was a sadist. Take the killing of the ISIS fighter, the other SEALs say that he killed him with a knife. Gallagher sent a picture of the dead fighter to a friend, with the caption "Got him with my hunting knife." That's factual. At trial, one of the SEALs recanted, and said that he suffocated him. So originally, he is accused of killing a ISIS fighter with a knife, he sends a picture of the fighter implying he killed him with a knife, at trial one of the accusers says he suffocated the fighter. C'mon guys, I really don't see how so many of ya'll are willing to think this was all on the up and up. I'm certainly more inclined to believe Gallagher killed the fighter, than not.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Yes, I will absolutely own that statement. Show me an Isis member that doesn't believe in jihad and change my mind. That's why war in this region has gone on forever. They understand one thing, and one thing only. Absolute and total destruction of one's enemies. Until we adopt those same strategies, then this crap will go on forever. So we either need to commit, or get out and let them continue doing what they've been doing for hundreds, if not thousands of years.
    Meeting sadism with sadism rarely wins anything, but more enemies. The reason why we're the United States of America, is because we are above such things.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    And what about the word of the other SEALs that pointed the finger at the guy? From them it seems that the guy was a sadist. Take the killing of the ISIS fighter, the other SEALs say that he killed him with a knife. Gallagher sent a picture of the dead fighter to a friend, with the caption "Got him with my hunting knife." That's factual. At trial, one of the SEALs recanted, and said that he suffocated him. So originally, he is accused of killing a ISIS fighter with a knife, he sends a picture of the fighter implying he killed him with a knife, at trial one of the accusers says he suffocated the fighter. C'mon guys, I really don't see how so many of ya'll are willing to think this was all on the up and up. I'm certainly more inclined to believe Gallagher killed the fighter, than not.
    I don't know what the truth is, but that Navy Times article definitely muddies the waters. Seems there is basically no proof of most anything. I'm sure we will never know what happened.

Why would you be "inclined" to believe he murdered the wounded guy? Sounds like he just as likely suffocated from wounds in combat.

They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul