• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've been thinking about it for a while now. And I finally decided I'd love to have a 1911. Full size, compact, not sure, but I want one. I'd find the best one, for me, to carry. I even got excited about the thought of owning my first 1911. Almost as excited when I bought my first AR!

So I was all for selling my Glock 21. I hardly shoot it anymore. It's barely had a 1000 rounds in it. I had talked myself into selling it, and using the money to buy a 1911. I've never had one. And the only 1911 I've EVER shot is my dad's Colt 1911. One of the real old ones, just not sure if it was used in combat or not. Haven't found a way to check.

While at work, I've been searching the web, trying to find out which 1911 I would want to buy. Which is very difficult! I can't believe there are so many different ones out there.

What's stopping me from buying one now? Too damn expensive! The cheapest I found was $1000. I didn't realize they were that much! I couldn't even get half that if I sold my Glock 21!

-1 1911! :noway: Too expensive!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    buy a rock island and shut your mouth. LOL

you will be happy!

Beech Grove Firearms had a couple really nice deals on 1911's a week or so ago.

It happens about every six months or so, but yeah, do what Ranger said. :n00b:

:laugh:

But, don't sell your Glock. Just save and get the RIA.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    There are many 1911 pistols under $1000. Rock Island, Taurus, some Springfield models, the new Ruger, some Colts, Remington, Para Ordnance, Sig, etc. I think you need to look again.

However, depending on what you will be using it for, your G21 might be a better platform than any 1911 pattern pistol.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    If you can shoot a Springfield TRP try one.They are around 1200 but worth it. Most 1911's will shoot ball but i found the TRP's to be the most dependable with Hollow Points. Nothing like a quality 1911. Don't give up yet.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    buy a rock island and shut your mouth. LOL

you will be happy!

Beech Grove Firearms had a couple really nice deals on 1911's a week or so ago.

It happens about every six months or so, but yeah, do what Ranger said. :n00b:

:laugh:

But, don't sell your Glock. Just save and get the RIA.

I never thought of RIA. I'll look into those.

And for me to be able to get a 1911, I HAVE to sell the Glock 21. I EDC a Glock 19, so I doubt I'll miss the 21 if I'm able to get a 1911 in the .45.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't think of it as buying another gun, think of it as something that you'll pass down to you kids, and they'll do the same.

I hem and haw everytime I'm this close to buying one, so I don't have my 1911 yet. The right one will come along (but I've been saying that for too long now).

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This.

And Que, I'd still take that irreparable trp off your hands and give it back...;)

Found out nothing was wrong with it. Just needed to knock the bullet out and keep going. :n00b: Anyway, Springfield wants to "test" it just so I'm comfortable. They said they make a quality product and stand behind it. :yesway:

Top Bottom