• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I bought a RIA 1911 and couldn't be more pleased. I talked to alot of people and read alot of reviews before purchasing it but everything was positive and several people said the RIA shoots just as good as some 900 dollar guns. It is very accurate and trouble free. Colts just are not the same quality they used to be and I hate paying extra for a name. Colts are still a good gun. I am not bashing them. Just not what they used to be.

Kw55018

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Clay City
    i have owned Springfield, Colt, RIA, and Taurus. Currently carry the Taurus every day and love it and wish I still had the RIA.

kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought a RIA 1911 and couldn't be more pleased. I talked to alot of people and read alot of reviews before purchasing it but everything was positive and several people said the RIA shoots just as good as some 900 dollar guns. It is very accurate and trouble free. Colts just are not the same quality they used to be and I hate paying extra for a name. Colts are still a good gun. I am not bashing them. Just not what they used to be.

Which one did you buy, I am really considering buying a 1911. I have been really looking at the RIA's. It would be the only one I could afford at this time.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    budsgunshop.com is running a special on them as we speak think the RIA is going for like 475? have good reviews online, I personally have never owned one. Bit of advice stay away from the springfield 1911 - a1 they are made in Brasil. Brasil I said!!!!

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    budsgunshop.com is running a special on them as we speak think the RIA is going for like 475? have good reviews online, I personally have never owned one. Bit of advice stay away from the springfield 1911 - a1 they are made in Brasil. Brasil I said!!!!
    And the RIAs are made in the Philippines. :dunno:

deanr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Kendallville, Indiana

I thought they were only assembled in Brasil using American made parts.

the GI milspec model that is sells around 575-650 bought one and was totally disappointed.

What was wrong with it? I have one of these and after having a trigger job and having the feed ramp polished I couldn't be happier. The only issue I have had with the gun I traced back to a couple of magazines.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    I understand where RIA are made, but they don't claim to be made in Illinois try finding a picture or literature stating where the pistol is made on the springfield website. If I buy springfield I expect an american made product.

Top Bottom