• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The wife went to an ortho doc yesterday for the first time and had to fill out a form. She said it had 5 or 6 choices for "sex" and also asked "how do you wish to be addressed" which included "we" "they" Mr Mrs Ms yada yada yada.

She crossed out the entire form, gave the receptionist a dirty look and was never asked to fill in anything else.

Not sure if you meant to post that in this thread, but I am always happy to add to the derail.

[video=youtube_share;3yyAFpLLLDg]http://youtu.be/3yyAFpLLLDg[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The wife went to an ortho doc yesterday for the first time and had to fill out a form. She said it had 5 or 6 choices for "sex" and also asked "how do you wish to be addressed" which included "we" "they" Mr Mrs Ms yada yada yada.

She crossed out the entire form, gave the receptionist a dirty look and was never asked to fill in anything else.

I love medical questionnaires.

I always answer "Sex" with writing in "YES". Any allergies? - "Spinach" or "Broccoli" or "Red Heads" depending on how I feel that day. Last hospital visit I had, Spinach was on my official chart for allergies and the doctor asked what happens when I eat it. I told him I make a funny face and say YUCKY.

Serious.

I've never seen any forms with all them new and improved genders yet but I'd probably pick them all and add a few they wish they had never heard of. I'm not OLD but I'm old enough that I just don't care. :):

So...
    What's this thread about anyway?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    tumblr_lviliw1fc61qh1f3io1_500.gif

NOW. It's officially thread-Jacked.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    We've had the conversation watching the evening news that there seems to be an easy way to not get shot; don't go to bars.
    Golly, maybe drinking establishments should be declared gun free zones. Because bar lives matter.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I thought that for a second -- for some reason the dealing cocaine charge is listed 3 times in a row but all the information on each looks like it was one incident.

This too.

The footnote says that the multiple entries for one cause number means the person was returned to prison for violation of parole.
    So this guy was sentenced 1/09 to almost 23 years, meaning he shouldn't get out until 2032. He was released last year, meaning he served something less than 9 years of a 23 year sentence. Since he was released twice (and violated parole both times) we don't know how long he was free or how much time he actually served.
    How do you get out having served less than 39% of your sentence? I thought even "good time" only got 50% off.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    The footnote says that the multiple entries for one cause number means the person was returned to prison for violation of parole.
    So this guy was sentenced 1/09 to almost 23 years, meaning he shouldn't get out until 2032. He was released last year, meaning he served something less than 9 years of a 23 year sentence. Since he was released twice (and violated parole both times) we don't know how long he was free or how much time he actually served.
    How do you get out having served less than 39% of your sentence? I thought even "good time" only got 50% off.

I should really start reading the fine print. Thanks for the correction

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Little Mayor Pete can't run a relatively small city simply can't run our Country. On the other hand he does make a beautiful bride

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

He was released 3 months ago. He was incarcerated at the South Bend Re-entry Center for the last part of his sentence.

longfellow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2019
    South Bend
    South Bend has all the problems any city of its size or larger in Indiana or the midwest has.
    This includes higher crime rates and a higher homicide rate.
    Most of that is centered in the minority areas of the south and west sides. Not all but most.
    To blame the mayor for the crime rates is both short sighted and ignorant.
    The only people responsible for the crime rates are the criminals themselves.
    The mayor of any city can't "control" that - policing is largely a responsive activity.
    Moreover - if the mayor could control it - many of you would criticize that for being high-handed and undemocratic. You just can't have it both ways.
    He has been a decent mayor - no better or worst than his predecessor.
    He has presided over a real renaissance of the downtown - but again - to say he controlled that is overstatement.
    The mayor and the city council created the ordinances that allowed the developers with real courage - like Dave Mathews - to take the risk and invest in downtown.
    The core downtown looks good and is relatively safe but again this is an urban environment and one has to expect some crime.
    My gripes are that the city will not come to grips with the homeless and beggars one sees sleeping pell mell downtown or soliciting at many of the bigger intersections.
    The streets away from the central core are in lousy shape (thank God for my Grand Cherokee) - but I don't blame the mayor for that - it's midwestern weather.
    The city only has so much wallop to its wallet and I'm not going to whine too much because my St. Joseph County property taxes are already high.
    My street (quite near Kelly's Pub) was recently resurfaced and some speed humps added to slow down the traffic. This came about after our neighborhood complained about it for a few years.
    You have to keep a realistic attitude about what is and isn't possible in a city. There is no magic wand the mayor brandishes and makes it all better. You want that - move to California where the municipalities pull some amazing high-jinks.

I am critical of the mayor over the Erik Logan shooting response.
    To me it looks pretty clear - the guy was caught breaking into those vehicles and he attacked Officer ONeill who shot and killed him.
    Its a shame the officer didn't activate his camera because doing so might have short circuited a lot of the anger -though I doubt it.
    The ones who are angry are the same hotheads who are spoiling for any kind of fight.
    Of course there are hotheads on both sides.
    Both are taking advantage of this situation.
    To write - as some have here - that when ONeill is cleared South Bend will turn into Ferguson is the worst kind of fear mongering. Do you wish it to be so? Do you really?
    Of course the mayor has to console the black community - thats part of the job.
    For him not to do that would increase the chances of more unrest.
    To some extent he has thrown the cops under the bus - but the investigation will get to the truth and ONeill will be cleared.
    Never fear the truth.
    A lot of the African Americans have it tougher than we do.
    Now, a lot of them have never taken advantage of the opportunities offered to them - and thats on them. But the anger is real.
    The past couple days there has been criticism that not only is the SBPD mostly white but that a great many are not city residents - that they are perceived and perceive themselves to be an "occupying force."
    I think that is an unfair criticism of the SB cops - those guys do a pretty good job in a tough environment. There are bad cops but most are okay.
    I would be fine if there are more black or brown cops so long as they meet the same requirements as all the other cops.

Lets keep our heads clear and not expect or encourage a bad outcome.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wow, had you broken that up into a few posts you could have run to 50.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    South Bend has all the problems any city of its size or larger in Indiana or the midwest has.
    This includes higher crime rates and a higher homicide rate.
    Most of that is centered in the minority areas of the south and west sides. Not all but most.
    To blame the mayor for the crime rates is both short sighted and ignorant. [snip] [words] [snip] [letters]

Mayor Alfred E. Neuman is 150% to blame. So color me ignorant.

Same with any city or state that have been run into the ground by the ones in charge. Kind-of what happened to this country while Obummer was in running it.

Top Bottom