• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Don't send a letter to his supervisor. Go to the station in person and sit down with his supervisor and explain your complaint. Have a copy of the dialogue as well as a type written formal complaint against the officer. It may not accomplish anything, but I think it will accomplish more than a simple letter. His supervisor can see you are clean cut and professional. I had a similar situation in Marshall county a while back, and I was pleased how the Chief Deputy at the Sheriff's dept. handled it.

Oh, and +1 to you!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Wow sounds like that cop got his ass kicked a lot when he was a kid and couldn't get a girlfriend....serious power trip. Sounds like idiot to me. Good job on staying cool.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    If I am not mistaken, I believe that someone here on INGO created a tri-fold card with Indiana's carry IC on it...... I've been looking for the thread but have been unsuccessful..... BoR where are you when we need you!?!?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Sadly, no. He is the PO that has said(when Fenway started a thread about how INGO has changed "you") he dislikes/hates random gun owners more now.

Link?

And I dont see how I could have handled it better. Yeah, I could have just covered it up and sulked back to my car, but it is important that our police officers know and understand the law, and I will be damned if I ever follow some cop's marching orders "because he told me to". Police officers, or public officials of any sort for that matter, can not simply order us around. His job is to enforce the law, not his opinion.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Cops like this make them all look worse. I'm very glad the 1 time I've spoken to an officer while OCing he was very professional. Great story and well handled.

Top Bottom