• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

The real light grain bullets with the bigger muzzle velocity, I don't know if I would trust it in a pistol. Not sure what the pressure is or the powder charge.

Edit: all 10mm should be ok for a pistol. The hottest would be between a 357 magnum and a 44 in performance.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I was looking for some range/target 10 mm ammo to test out a Ruger SR1911 10 mm that I traded for (just for fun since I'd never had that caliber).
    I called my most often used range, and they were out.
    Wal Mart didn't carry it.
    Dick's Sporting Goods didn't carry it.

I called Point Blank in Greenwood where I go sometimes and they had some Mag Tech brand for $20/box of 50.
    I was told to stay away from Mag Tech b/c it was very dirty.
    Is it really any dirtier than other less expensive brands in 10mm?

I would be glad to trade some 9mm or even 22LR to get a box or two of 10mm to do a function check on my "new" 10mm if someone lives fairly close to Wanamaker.
    Like .32 or .40 caliber, I don't want to buy it in bulk to get a better price b/c I don't intend to shoot 1000 rounds of it quickly, unlike 9mm or 22LR.

Finding ammo labeled 10mm isn't too difficult to find, though much of it is just 40 slow and weak with 10mm packaging.

Buffalo Bore has some real 10.

Best bet for real 10 is roll your own.

Good luck and enjoy! 10mm can be a good pistol cartridge.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Finding ammo labeled 10mm isn't too difficult to find, though much of it is just 40 slow and weak with 10mm packaging.

Buffalo Bore has some real 10.

Best bet for real 10 is roll your own.

Good luck and enjoy! 10mm can be a good pistol cartridge.

I have a couple of boxes from Buffalo bore. The light/fast SD stuff.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Underwood lives here.....:cool:
    zq4LOWp.jpg

Wow CM that is one fine looking hand cannon.
    Always nice to see the great custom pieces here on Ingo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow CM that is one fine looking hand cannon.
    Always nice to see the great custom pieces here on Ingo.

From the combined minds of myself and AllenM. He is the guy. This is all him. I chose the path and changed it a few times in the course of the project. But he soldiered on. This thing is freaking amazing. A few fellow Ingo folks have rang the steel at 210 with it.
    It eats the Full Monti loads like candy.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    From the combined minds of myself and AllenM. He is the guy. This is all him. I chose the path and changed it a few times in the course of the project. But he soldiered on. This thing is freaking amazing. A few fellow Ingo folks have rang the steel at 210 with it.
    It eats the Full Monti loads like candy.

AllenM must be a highly sought after custom Smith with stuff like this.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Has anyone ever tried the Underwood or Cor Bon 135 gr at 1600 fps.
    I have had my eye on it for quite a while now but have never actually ordered any because of the excessive shipping at the sites where I found it in stock.
    If you have tried it, let me know how it worked out.
    It seems to be the supercharged version of the 357 magnum 125 gr @1350 fps that everyone used to love.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Has anyone ever tried the Underwood or Cor Bon 135 gr at 1600 fps.
    I have had my eye on it for quite a while now but have never actually ordered any because of the excessive shipping at the sites where I found it in stock.
    If you have tried it, let me know how it worked out.
    It seems to be the supercharged version of the 357 magnum 125 gr @1350 fps that everyone used to love.

I have used about everything they offer including this. I prefer Underwood over Buffalo Bore. Just seems to run cleaner. JMHO of course

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not a hard cartridge to reload, finding the brass can be challenging depending on the load.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Not a hard cartridge to reload, finding the brass can be challenging depending on the load.

My 10mm 2011 likes to toss brass pretty far. Its all recoverable once you find the first couple. I usually lay out a tarp for brass recovery if shooting outside by myself.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In the off chance likelihood you decide to get rid of the pistol, let me know.

I laughed when I read that, not knowing if you knew my habits or not or were just kidding me b/c you knew I wouldn't keep this 10mm long.
    I usually don't hold onto a gun too long if I find one I like better than what I have, although now I have some I don't want to part with.
    Sometimes, like this 10mm, I just buy to try it out since I've never had a 10mm.

The 10mm was a trade & I have $650 in it.
    I'll put it up for sale after I run a box or two of shells through it, unless I fall in love with it.
    That happens like the 1st time I shot a CZ Shadow 2 or S/W 5906 Gen 3 series from the 90s, and others, but there are some in the safe I intend to sell but I want "just one more" range session with it (like my Sig 2022 I love but don't need).
    I loved the S/W Gen 3 series so much I ended up with three: two 5906 (9mm) and a 4006 (40 caliber).
    I got control of my self and one is gone and I'm thinking of selling the other 5906 & keeping the 40 caliber since I don't have any of those, and the Gen 3 series is only going to be a home defense gun not a range gun anyway.
    I have sold or traded 3 guns in 3 days earlier this week, but things weren't moving any before that, and I have another little subcompact for sale now.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally made it to the range and put rounds into my 5 in 1 favorite target with the red, grey & black.

It shot well. I did 20', 30' & 40', free hand and on a rest.

Nice gun.
    Wish I'd have had some powerful ammo that this gun is supposed to use.

8b2EKLG.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'll give pretty good odds on that.

Yes, I will be selling it.
    I intended to do so when I bought it, unless I lost control (it has happened before). :dunno:
    Whenever I can buy a gun for $150-$200 less than new, I will try it out.
    Sometimes, it is a keeper, I never know.

To keep the full size 10mm I'd have to sell the full size CZ Shadow 2, and I've not found a full size gun yet that will make me give it up.
    I'd love to try out a Legion.

I'm supposed to be in "trim" mode, and even though I've bought a "couple" other guns (my version to the wife), my total number is 3 less than it was before retirement, and I've got 3 more I'm going to sell right away.
    Beyond that it's going to be tough, and I'll be dragging my feet.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom