• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recently purchased the 70 series Colt comp. and its a VERY SOLID piece, accurate fit and finish is really good.

Not wanting to offend or start a brand war but as with Allen's post I have to say the last bunch of Colts I have messed with were less than stellar.
    Glad you got a good one.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What I've seen out of Colt with some limited experience is inconsistency in production. I doubt I'd ever be inclined to buy another (don't offer what I'd want, and even if they did, I would be hard pressed to buy due to the inconsistent manufacturing).

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    097217d66c05a1b7c00657bbbca2e1b5.jpg

Crow: it’s what’s for dinner.

Same ammo, same range, same pistol, same shooter. With a bag of lead shot for a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Is both of those groups for a 1911 at 15 yards suck an option? Your sights seem set very low on the Colt, plus the Competition Pistol has the NM barrel and its hard to get much better than that unless something major is wrong with the pistol fit wise. Put the pistol into battery and push down on the barrel hood to ensure it does not move and is the bushing fit up correctly as well?

I love it when I am right

?

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    097217d66c05a1b7c00657bbbca2e1b5.jpg

Crow: it’s what’s for dinner.

Same ammo, same range, same pistol, same shooter. With a bag of lead shot for a rest.

Looks like one of the good ones CMann:dunno:. Now, next time ur at fns stop thinking so much, keep both eyes open, when that front sight meets the target SQUEEZE!!!! use the trigger reset and focus on front sight.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It's always a relief to find out that your ammo and gun are good to go. Kudos to you for having the guts to bare it all! Keep on training and you'll soon be shooting tiny groups.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Copy/Pasted from the 1911 show-n-tell thread:

I've never owned a 1911 in .45 this large. so after the first two shots out of the first mag today I realized I needed to change my grip. I stepped right out of the range and watched a couple of YouTube videos. Went back in and tried a new grip for shots 3-8. I think it worked. The rest of the time I was on point. I tried all 230gr round nose.
    Do you 1911 guys have a preference for target vs. carry ammo?

00G0G_aZMjBu5J5lg_1200x900.jpg

I had to get used to the aggressive 20lpi front checkering so in a way it meant that I didn't have enough of my finger on the trigger face (which is also aggressively ribbed) so I adjusted and figured that might be it. It was off hand shooting at only 20' though I know I need much practice.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Now, next time ur at fns stop thinking so much, keep both eyes open, when that front sight meets the target SQUEEZE!!!! use the trigger reset and focus on front sight.

Easier said than done for someone that is cross eye dominant. I’ll figure out something

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Copy/Pasted from the 1911 show-n-tell thread:

I had to get used to the aggressive 20lpi front checkering so in a way it meant that I didn't have enough of my finger on the trigger face (which is also aggressively ribbed) so I adjusted and figured that might be it. It was off hand shooting at only 20' though I know I need much practice.
    :yesway:
    You're working your way to the center pretty quick.
    I'd say good call on trigger finger position. I'd like to see how it comes together.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    id think both eyes open would be the way to shoot if ones cross eyed dominant.

My sister was cross dominant. We tried the both eyes open thing several times to no real advantage.
    Worked on grip/stance and posture. She developed her own way around the issue.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Don't be so quick to write off these Colt 1911 handguns, they may not be a DW or of the higher end offerings but mine have never failed me. I have several older and a few newer, keep em lubed and run'em!!

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Did 100 rounds this morning between 10, 15, and 20 yards. At first, I tried both eyes open, which worked until my left eye took over after shooting and trying to reacquire the sight picture. I was seeing double the whole time. Not going to work.

So I covered the left lens on my shooting glasses and proceeded with more success than I’ve ever had with that pistol. I’m curious why my cross dominance hasn’t been a problem until now.

As an aside, I almost fell on my face changing magazines. Blocking your strongly dominant eye results in zero depth perception.

Top Bottom