• which would interest you the most?

• Total voters

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I hope this goes well and you get to do more of these. Sounds like a great learning experience. And the commemorative pistol we are getting is a 1911. :rockwoot:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I hope this goes well and you get to do more of these. Sounds like a great learning experience. And the commemorative pistol we are getting is a 1911. :rockwoot:

Awesome and thanks.
    I hope it goes well too. If all goes as planned this will benefit almost any 1911 owner and help avoid some of the pit falls I see on guns that I work on.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Posting to confirm that I will be at this Saturday's class. Payment for the class is going in the mail tomorrow, payable to Moore Gunworks unless you respond differently.

I purchased the EGW Kit #10211 from Midway USA for $129.99 including shipping using coupon code ORDEROFF15. It gives $15 off of $100 purchase. I will be working on my Springfield Loaded SS in 9MM for the class.

Who is coming out to the class to sweeten up the trigger group on their 1911?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Question: How well would that trigger work knowledge transfer to other firearms?

Not to well. It would give some general knowledge of what is involved, but many of the specifics are unique to 1911's.

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Posting to confirm that I will be at this Saturday's class. Payment for the class is going in the mail tomorrow, payable to Moore Gunworks unless you respond differently.

I purchased the EGW Kit #10211 from Midway USA for $129.99 including shipping using coupon code ORDEROFF15. It gives $15 off of $100 purchase. I will be working on my Springfield Loaded SS in 9MM for the class.

Who is coming out to the class to sweeten up the trigger group on their 1911?

Thanks for the bump.
    There are 2 others who are confirmed for the 24th and a couple maybes, I have openings for up to 3 more.

Trigger work will be the main focus but there is alot more that will be covered as well.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I will be headed down early Saturday morning from Elkhart if anybody from the Northern part of the state wants to go and ride along. I will then be headed back north after the class. Shoot me a PM if anybody is interested.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My parts came in today for the Trigger overhaul.

I will be going in on Friday and going to the 1500 for the first time in several years. Hope to see some INGO'ers there.

Here is my Trigger Kit

image.jpg image.jpg

I think Allen has a couple spots left for the class. This is going to be geat class so get signed up!!!!

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am planning on hitting the 1500 Friday too. probably see you there.

Just a note to anybody thinking about attending these workshops. It is not manditory that you buy all new trigger parts. You will learn just as much tunning exsiting parts and still see significant gains.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looking forward to the class!
    Do I need to detail strip and clean my guns before bringing them? My guns are users, they routinely get this only when they start to choke.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Looking forward to the class!
    Do I need to detail strip and clean my guns before bringing them? My guns are users, they routinely get this only when they start to choke.

That is a good question. I haven't cleaned mine either. I'm leaving bright and early in the morning so I'm gonna go clean the ole gal just in case.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You really need to clean them guys.....seriously.

I cannot speak to the other folks coming to class.
    For one though, I didn't break down my 1911 completely for years as it was my primary self defense gun. Didn't want to risk messing up something that would turn my primary life saver into a hammer.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Don't worry about cleaning them, we will be do that while we have them apart.

Top Bottom