• Total voters

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I cannot speak to the other folks coming to class.
    For one though, I didn't break down my 1911 completely for years as it was my primary self defense gun. Didn't want to risk messing up something that would turn my primary life saver into a hammer.

Allen will set you right on this. It is not that tedious with the right tools.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    While you guys may be more familiar with the inner workings on 1911 then some, as and if these workshops continue I want them to accommodate people that have never dived into detail stripping their guns.
    Or perhaps I will offer a cheaper class that goes over just the basics along with detail stripping and proper lubrication.

Tomorrow will be much more advanced then that and I will be more inclined to go overboard rather than giving just the basics and letting you figure out the rest. My main goal is to stress a safe, smooth and proper functioning trigger. Can it be light? Yes. But we won't be setting up hair triggers on carry guns. It is just not wise.

I do have a couple people between this class and the next one that I know personally and I know that they compete at USPSA and other things and we will go a step or 2 farther in setting up something like that, if desired.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Looking forward to today. See everyone in a few. Things get started at 9:00

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    It ran long...It's 5:30 and I am just leaving. Got done around 4:00 I will let the others tell about it

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Class was awesome, especially for someone new to 1911's like me. Allen was patient and explained everything so even a moron like me could understand. Trigger is night and day better. I personally learned a lot and it might take a few days to digest what was taught. Cannot recommend highly enough. Thanks again Allen!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Great class! Very informative. If you are into the 1911 platform for the long term, you need this class.

AllenM took us through what you get when you pay hundreds for a professional trigger job. Every detail was instructed and individually supervised, part by part to completion and tuning, on the students guns. He also threw in a couple/three/four bonus tips along the way as we went.

This was a true bargain for the price that I could only wish was available five or ten years ago as I began to get serious about shooting and competing with the 1911.

The icing on the cake is the INGO classmates you meet.

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    The first class is under my belt and I had a great time.
    I admit it ran longer than anticipated but time seemed to go by quicky and the fellowship was great.
    There is a lot of tidious manual labor that that goes into this hands on class and I thought it wouldnt matter if I slipped one of my own guns in and did it while everybody was doing their own.
    That had its pluses and minuses, for the most part it didnt matter but did end up adding sometime to the class toward the end. I will avoid doing that in the future, but everybody was great and didnt complain about it :)

I really enjoyed the time it was just a fun productive day.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I wasn't able to post an update to the class until now. My bone stock SA Loaded in 9MM was the candidate for the class. I ordered the EGW ignition kit for the class and had it shipped to my house two days before I was going to leave for the class. I got to Diamond Collision on Friday afternoon to go with Allen to the 1500, and just as I walked into the shop I realized that I forgot my EGW parts back in Elkhart which was 3 1/2 hours away.

I remembered that Allen had parts from my GI Milspec that he is going to overhaul for me. It had a Cylinder and Slide $160 drop in kit in it that was supposed to be 3 1/2 lb trigger. We decided to use the C&S kit for the 9mm loaded at the the class.

I tested the stock trigger on the loaded before doing any work on it. It had a three pull average of 4 lbs 11 ounces on a Lyman digital scale. The trigger was ok but had just a little creep. After putting a mirror finish on the on the mating parts the gun had a nice crisp trigger that had a three pull average of 3 lbs 1 ounce.

Allen is extremely knowledgeable and has the patience of a saint. He is able to make every part of the process extremely easy to understand and perform on your own.

I will be attending any and all classes that he has to offer and if you own a 1911 you should too!!!!

I was nice to meet the other INGO members as well. I would take another class with them anyday.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Pics or it didn't happen right?

Gluemanz28 was kind enough to provide magnifying visors for everybody.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Looking forward to class tomorrow Allen! I got all my parts delivered and ready to go. Going to clean out the Kimber tonight so she looks good for class. Start time is still 9am, right?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Looking forward to class tomorrow Allen! I got all my parts delivered and ready to go. Going to clean out the Kimber tonight so she looks good for class. Start time is still 9am, right?

Yep, See you in the morning.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    For those attending today. When you get to Diamond Collision you will be going in the shop door labeled paint shop. It is the farthest door back and my blue truck is parked by it

Top Bottom