• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've not been a firearm enthusiast overly long, but have owned 4 different 1911's and have never experienced any of that. They are a bit more difficult to assemble/disassemble and they're heavy due to being all metal, but otherwise they're fantastic and extremely accurate guns. For a well fit up version, you'll definitely want to keep it cleaner than another standard firearm, but it's not like that's difficult. I know you might have posted this in humor, but I personally love 1911's and find them to be fantastic and well worth the extra money.

I see you're stuck on #4 :):

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    On my third 1911 and not planning on slowing down anytime soon.
    Rock Island Tac Ultra FS in 45 that I picked up DIRT cheap and carry it basically every day. It's the reason I had to buy a gun belt lol. Around 500 rounds and not a single failure that wasn't my fault (testing hand loaded 45 that didn't lock the slide back on last round).
    Rock Island 3.5" in 9mm. It's a good gun to carry when I want to carry concealed and don't want to carry my XDs. Had some issues with it running TulAmmo (yeah, I'm that guy), so I picked up a Wilson Combat extractor, installed and tuned it myself and haven't had another FTE since. I'd say I'm nearing 900+ rounds with this gun.
    Last one is a family "heirloom" if you will. Llama 1911 chambered in 45. I won't lie, this thing jams more than strawberries. I don't think it was taken care of early on in life. It spends its time at home and I won't EDC it because of its unreliability.

Honestly, I'm a believer in the Rock Island guns. They can be found at a good price most of the time and still seem to operate quite well.
    I've got my sights set on a Sig Scorpion 1911 in the future. I picked one up a year or two ago at a shop and it just felt crisp.
    I'm a 1911 guy and I don't think that will ever change.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    1911 for sure. They just feel so good in your hand and so fun to shoot and really purdy. With that being said though I miss all the 1911's I've owned because I discovered FNX 45's and Sig P220's. :dunno:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    God did not put John Moses Browning on this earth for nothing! JMB designed the 1911about 100 years ago and .45 acp was THE caliber for which the pistol was designed for. All these "Johnny Come Lately" guns will not stand the test of time. Get a real 1911 in .45 acp and never look back. Period! Peace, out!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    8 stages of 1911 ownership
    1. Overpaying for outdated gun
    2. Telling yourself you love it
    3. Telling your friends how you love it
    4. Getting defensive about owning it
    5. Trying to remember a time it didn't jam
    6. Realizing a stick is just as reliable
    7. Selling it to some other sucker
    8. Happiness
    With all due respect, Bravo Sierra on this list. Nothing beats a 1911 for the sheer joy of shooting and knowing the 100 years of history behind it. You can't say that for any of the tupperware wonder guns out there. IMHO.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    With all due respect, Bravo Sierra on this list. Nothing beats a 1911 for the sheer joy of shooting and knowing the 100 years of history behind it. You can't say that for any of the tupperware wonder guns out there. IMHO.

Do you really have a 100 year old 1911? Or a modern replica?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Somewhere between stage 2, and stage 4. :@ya:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Get the 1911. I have a Springfield Range Officer and for out of the box accuracy I am real pleased. Yeah , I don't see the sights worth a hoot these days so I installed the Fastfire III. Good combo for 50 yard target shooting.
    View attachment 67803

At that range the Zombies can't even get close to splattering you.

To me, 1911s are like Garands, you have to own at least 1.

SA1911_Original.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    At that range the Zombies can't even get close to splattering you.

To me, 1911s are like Garands, you have to own at least 1.

SA1911_Original.jpg
    As a guy that carries Glocks, I agree. Everyone should have at least one 1911. Come for the history, stay for the amazing trigger.

Top Bottom