2011NFADay: NFA Days 2011 Date and Time!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That is far from fair when I am a new NFA person wanting to get into it more and you have people probably coming to the alumni shoot haven't bought anything at all that is in the NFA arena after going to their first NFA day.

:nopity:

There are standards for determining who is eligible to participate in this event. Some people are not going to qualify. Others will qualify, but not get picked. Sorry, but those are the breaks.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is a NOT MISS event!

I was sick at the last one, and didnt shoot as much as I wanted to, but still had the time of my life!

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm curious, if one has been selected and attended a previous alumni shoot do they still qualify to attend future alumni shoots???? And I don't think it's to early to start brainstorming about another shirt for NFA Day 2011, if ones not already in the works.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    :nopity:

There are standards for determining who is eligible to participate in this event. Some people are not going to qualify. Others will qualify, but not get picked. Sorry, but those are the breaks.

Just more proof you can't please everybody. Even with a great benefit like NFA Day.

No, you can't please everybody when people are excluded because they have decided on their own to buy an NFA item but they still want to try other NFA items to see if they might want to buy something such as a full auto. Instead people like me and one other poster are excluded from being able to experience these items and further our NFA knowledge. I haven't even recieved the paperwork to send to the feds yet on my first item and I am still excluded.

Its obvious that my point doesn't matter to the people who are running this event and the site so I will say nothing else on here about it.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It's not that your point doesn't matter, it matters a great deal but unfortunately your situation doesn't fall inside the guidelines we have set for this event. It's tough for us to hold a steadfast line but it is something that we have decided on years ago and we are sticking to it to uphold the spirit of the event.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    No, you can't please everybody when people are excluded because they have decided on their own to buy an NFA item but they still want to try other NFA items to see if they might want to buy something such as a full auto. Instead people like me and one other poster are excluded from being able to experience these items and further our NFA knowledge. I haven't even recieved the paperwork to send to the feds yet on my first item and I am still excluded.

Its obvious that my point doesn't matter to the people who are running this event and the site so I will say nothing else on here about it.

You have to realize that one of the other limitations is the size of the Venue. This event isn't held at a huge range.

lovemywoods graciously DONATES his personal property (and home!) for these Events, and it is an AWESOME property, but even so, isn't large enough to accommodate huge amounts of people.

So, they limit the number of people as a Safety concern as well.

Other gun sites have organized huge NFA type days that accommodated larger amounts of people, and as the Mods have said, something like that could happen here if people are just willing to organize it.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

If you're interested, I'll see if we can get a handful of people to show up sometime when it's much, much, cooler outside and we'll have some NFA toys for you to play with down here in the Columbus area. If I were a class III dealer (I'm not), I'd use this as a pretty good opportunity to show a guy obviously interested in class III items some for sale wares. I know a REALLY good one up in Bluffton that might show you some full auto guns sometime... ;)

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    If you're interested, I'll see if we can get a handful of people to show up sometime when it's much, much, cooler outside and we'll have some NFA toys for you to play with down here in the Columbus area. If I were a class III dealer (I'm not), I'd use this as a pretty good opportunity to show a guy obviously interested in class III items some for sale wares. I know a REALLY good one up in Bluffton that might show you some full auto guns sometime... ;)

Will travel for beer, ammo, and someone to put up with my humor.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Well looks like i'm out, i just put a down payment on my first NFA item at 21st Century Firearms, hopefully someone will come up with a shoot for everyone. I have been kicking the idea around about building a SBR, and possibly buying a full auto in the future, but i don't know enough about them, and would love to learn. There is WAY more to it than having someone help you fill out the paper work. If someone can come up with something for everyone, i will help in any way i can, all you have to do is ask.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Pick me, Pick me:rockwoot:. Tagging this year. Last year I didn't hear about it until it was way late. One of the drawbacks of staying isolated in shooting sports and tactics/training. I figure staying there I have less chance of saying something and being banned :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom