• ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Now having said that.

I think the section co-ordinator should be making plans to hold a RO class and possibly a CRO class. If the opportunity is offered to have one in a couple places in the state(IE: northern/ southern) there should be NO reason that a shooter could not attend given ample planning time.

I guess one of these days I will find out why, but I have been told that classes are not as frequent as they might be because putting on the class is a major pain for the presenter?

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    the instructors volunteer their time. $800 minimum to have a class. club pays instructors expenses while in town. it is a big deal for the club and the guy that wants to attend.

1) 2 days for the class
    2) usually $40/50 per student

the good news is we are working on having a class at ACC at the end of Feb. Because of everyones hard work at the section match the fee to attend will be reduced. From the sounds of these posts the class should fill fast!

make ready or make excuses. STANDBY!

johns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    new albany
    I went to bluegrass sportsman league it was $75 , 2 days my wife was shopping all day wile I took the class so it cost me a fortune

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Can't force them to help

Indeed. Over that last 20+ years, I've seen attempts to coerce people into helping by guilt and other confrontational tactics make the situation worse in almost every case.

Like with any other activity that is volunteer-driven, I don't think there is a "solution" short of paying people to do the work, which would necessitate dramatic increases in match fees for everyone else. It would be interesting to know if anyone has run some numbers on that for club level matches.

Do you remember how we used to do it at Coal Creek back in the mid 90s? Before the shooting season started, we'd have a meeting of club members. Darrell would have a list of the matches for the year and ask for volunteers for setup and run a stage for a specific match. Three sets of volunteers for each match and it was a go. If no one would or could fill the spots, that match was canceled. Of course, it was a lot simpler back then since we only had three courses of fire at each club match and a lot of shooting boxes and next to zero wall sections and other props and vision barriers. But still, it was a matter of asking for help and either getting it or not, then that was it. If you chose to help, you only committed to a specific and finite task instead of being there each and every minute each month. I think that helped reduce the trend of a few people doing all of the work for the many and the inevitable burnout. We didn't cancel many matches. Not sure it would work so well with 6-7 stage club matches and the demands places on the stage designa and construction. Adhering to all of the rules and standards was a necessary progression for the sport and it's a better sport now, but it's also more complicated and limits the field of people who can actually manage the necessary tasks.

Ultimately this is an academic exercise for me. My match shooting has dwindled to almost never for a variety of reasons and I'm years past being finished with most of the tasks necessary for running matches. So my opinion isn't worth much.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Ultimately this is an academic exercise for me. My match shooting has dwindled to almost never for a variety of reasons and I'm years past being finished with most of the tasks necessary for running matches. So my opinion isn't worth much.

Your opinion is always valuable and welcome. Keep them coming!!!:yesway:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    This USPSA stuff excites the crap out of me! I haven't been able to make the time to get to a match yet but hopefully in the near future. I think I even have my wife talked into trying it!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    This USPSA stuff excites the crap out of me! I haven't been able to make the time to get to a match yet but hopefully in the near future. I think I even have my wife talked into trying it!

It is as exciting as it looks. You will have a blast and meet some of the nicest people shooting USPSA(and other shooting sports).
    You are in a good location with several matches in your area. Silver Creek and South Central in Southern Indiana and Lexington and Owensboro and Rock Castle in Kentucky. Ohio has a couple matches fairly close to you.
    BTW Silver Creek is starting ICORE matches again. The same premise as USPSA but Revolver only. Their first match is this Sunday.
    Going to be lots of first time shooters at this match. Might be a great place to start.
    Match announcements are posted in this thread a few days before the match.
    Hope to see you on the range.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It is a nice looking shirt.
    I am about half way through getting them shipped out had a birthday and volleyball game this week

So to answer question
    -2 of the 3 boxes showed up
    -Fed Ex delivered 1 box to the Amazon facility and they have it listed as Non Recoverable
    -I do not know yet if I am going to any other extra's yet, I am still going through them by sizes and matching them up

If I have extra's I will let everyone know, and they will be $30...if I get another email asking me if I have extra's they will be $40 and go up from there

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It is a nice looking shirt.
    Yes it actually is a nice shirt, considering that not shipping them till the 8th, which was they day they were due, and not having his shipping invoice correct for custom, and then not having the correct zip code on the shipping address causing a box to get misdirected and then filing a claim against Fed Ex (which he will eventually get paid for the whole order from them) and costing so far over $500 to ship each shirt out, and of course just the amount of time I ****ing wasting on this,....I guess it could have been worse....I mean I could be getting emails and pm's and phone calls asking about these ****ing things several times a day.
    Thanks Gunsta....awesome job!!

If you are looking for a custom shirt try these guys
    TechWear USA
    I tore a hole in one of mine at the match and the other I had snagged on a wall section earlier this year, so I ordered new shirts last week, showed up yesterday ( 3 different colors with updated logo's)...So yeah give them a call, and eat a **** Gunsta..

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If I have extra's I will let everyone know, and they will be $30...if I get another email asking me if I have extra's they will be $40 and go up from there

I probably caused you problems here, mea culpa.

Anyone who saw me at Riley, the shirt will not look that good on you, hold back before bugging Jake for extras.

Top Bottom