• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't know if I have or not,but working this one wasn't much fun for me.it wasn't the fault of the match. It is me time off is warrented.

You have, as have several other people in this topic (and not in this topic). I don't want them to think that I don't recognize all of their hard work too. You all know who you are.

I decided I was "done" years ago. I appreciate that others choose to work hard to make the matches possible. I hope new people come along to replace those who need and deserve a rest.

ejevans45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Porter County
    Mike deserves some time off after that iron man session he pulled at running nearly every competitor. It was great working with both of the Mike's and being only my second big match ROing I learned a lot.
    I did have to take Monday off as a mental stress day but after a relaxing motorcycle ride my batteries are recharged and I ready for another one!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Mike deserves some time off after that iron man session he pulled at running nearly every competitor. It was great working with both of the Mike's and being only my second big match ROing I learned a lot.
    I did have to take Monday off as a mental stress day but after a relaxing motorcycle ride my batteries are recharged and I ready for another one!

I should have requested Monday off as well. I passed out shortly after getting home and didn't wake until 5:30 am. Monday night I was asleep by 8 and got up at 6:30. I rarely sleep more than 4 hours without waking.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Maybe there should be some more RO certification classes. Sounds like guys are getting burned out. Even at local matches it's always the same guys that have to RO.
    I would take the class if it was more local. I could be wrong, but the only one I've seen the last few years is always down near Kentucky. Just my 2 cents....

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Maybe there should be some more RO certification classes. Sounds like guys are getting burned out. Even at local matches it's always the same guys that have to RO.
    I would take the class if it was more local. I could be wrong, but the only one I've seen the last few years is always down near Kentucky. Just my 2 cents....

Its coming!!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I appreciate all the comments, and discussion about this

The pretty simple fact is that the many enjoyed the efforts of the few

I have been very lucky to have had many of the same people over the last 7 years dedicated to making sure that this match has happened. I had several new people step up this year to help, several that were already signed up as competitors that changed their minds and switched over to staff.
    If we would have had 1 or 2 less RO's not show there would not have been a match. That is how close it got....

For 7 Months I stood at Matches asking for staff help, we had 56 staff people, and a large portion of them were from out of state.

It is time for the many to decide at what level they are going to be involved, because without new folks willing to step up the current level of matches are going to drop way off.

As of right now there are no plans in place for a match next year, but as soon as someone gets it figured out let me know and I will sign up and shoot it.

Yes the shirts are in, they are at Dan Boone's house right now, I need to drive down and get them, count them all out, make sure that the order is complete and set aside the ones that were paid for. I have been back at work since 9am Monday....I will try to get to them in the next week, but finding 4+ hours of drive time to get them has been difficult this week.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

I have been very lucky to have had many of the same people over the last 7 years dedicated to making sure that this match has happened. I had several new people step up this year to help, several that were already signed up as competitors that changed their minds and switched over to staff.
    If we would have had 1 or 2 less RO's not show there would not have been a match. That is how close it got....

For 7 Months I stood at Matches asking for staff help, we had 56 staff people, and a large portion of them were from out of state.

It is time for the many to decide at what level they are going to be involved, because without new folks willing to step up the current level of matches are going to drop way off.

As of right now there are no plans in place for a match next year, but as soon as someone gets it figured out let me know and I will sign up and shoot it.

Yes the shirts are in, they are at Dan Boone's house right now, I need to drive down and get them, count them all out, make sure that the order is complete and set aside the ones that were paid for. I have been back at work since 9am Monday....I will try to get to them in the next week, but finding 4+ hours of drive time to get them has been difficult this week.

Thanks for all you've done Jake. You always have went above and beyond the 5 years I've been apart of this

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Hmmm, I know a retired guy with a pick up that lives about 90 minutes west of Silver Creek & has the directions down & is planning to be at Riley Sunday. Dan always gives me that 'either I don't like you or else I'm really constipated' look though, so it may need cleared on that end.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo

Any word if it is coming back up north?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Hmmm, I know a retired guy with a pick up that lives about 90 minutes west of Silver Creek & has the directions down & is planning to be at Riley Sunday. Dan always gives me that 'either I don't like you or else I'm really constipated' look though, so it may need cleared on that end.

The look is a bit of column A and column B.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    Thanks to everyone who was involved in this match! I heard nothing but praise from everyone that shot the stage I was working. I am sure there are glitches but we're handled well. As for the guys that were in place when I started a big thanks to all of you have fun just shooting! Please send the info on the ro class my way. Thanks.

mildot1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Mattoon, IL
    This is not a "my ass hurts" comment, but some of you shooters better take heed.
    I have Ro'ed at the Wabash open(2012), IN Sectional at Riley(2013) In Sectional at Silver Creek(2014) and IN Sectional at Silver Creek(2015).
    I try to make the "Regularly" scheduled match at Riley every month to help set up. I live out of state and a hour behind Indiana.
    I help my brother Scott put on the Effingham match every month.

I see the same people taking on the responsibilities of Match Director, Range Master or RO, every match!

People show up who never help set up, RO, tear down every month. Does everyone realize this is a "volunteer" sport?

Who do you think designs the stages,builds and repairs the props, sends out the match emails, scores and makes all this **** come together???

I'm saying this.

If there are not some more "Fresh Blood" get involved(IE: get your RO Cert, design some stages and own them, learn to run the kindle or Nook, help set up and tear down, take over posting scores and just generally help out, you may soon be looking for a place to shoot.

Now having said that.

I think the section co-ordinator should be making plans to hold a RO class and possibly a CRO class. If the opportunity is offered to have one in a couple places in the state(IE: northern/ southern) there should be NO reason that a shooter could not attend given ample planning time.

Brad Metcalf
    BLACKDOG GUNWORKS
    217 259-9770

Top Bottom