• ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    From Jake yesterday on the Enos forums:

Once they received that information they were released and shipped. They were received late today at the person's house located down by the range. I live 2 hours away from there and need to take receipt of the shirts, verify the order and then will start mailing them out

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Some observations from this year vs last as far as scoring goes. The stage we worked, we had the shooter hit the save button and initial the score sheet. This allowed them to see their scores instead of looking at a page full of numbers and trying to see exactly if everything was where it was supposed to be.
    I don't know what made a difference but last year with paper scoring I would guess that we had to holler at maybe 40% of the shooters to come sign the score sheet. This year it was less than 10%. Most were at the table and wanted to see the kindle and hit save and then initialed the score sheet.
    The master paper sheet was a great idea and a time saver. Didn't have to tear off a shooters copy every time and had less paper laying around to keep track of.

We only had 1 shooter question something and he asked why we only recorded the HF out to .00 instead of .0000 like everyone else. I said the paper was for his benefit and to verify his score. If a scoring problem came up the time and his hits are all that matter. In fact if a scoring issue did come up the first thing anyone would do is get a calculator and figure the HF manually anyway and would not rely on what was on the sheet as gospel.

Paper vs Kindle/Nook has been beat to death. The data has to be entered whether it is done on paper or electronic. Same chance of error both ways.
    Rain affects both and the solution is the same put them in a bag.
    Heat can be a problem with the electronic scoring but taking some precautions like keep them out of the direct sunlight helps. Besides trying to write on a paper score sheet that has sweat all over it doesn't work so well.
    Battery life can be a problem but with extra batteries like they had at this match it is not a issue.
    The fact that electronic scoring worked very well at one of the largest matches in the country shows that it is getting better and better.
    No worries though for those of you that still get up and walk to the TV to change channels you can always RO or paste.( If you RO you do have to put that stopwatch down and use one of those new fangled timer thingies).:stickpoke::laugh:

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Shooter's standpoint on scoring: Loved it! I don't mind the kindle/nook system if you have the proper precautions (battery chargers, spares, etc). Maybe its my younger age and growing up with technology but I like it way better than the old paper systems, 1 sheet or multiple. Just too much time/effort. Of the 18 stages I think I hit "save" 16 or 17 times? Nearly everyone gave me the option to review them before I hit it. I really liked the 1-page backup hard copy and the folders that squads took from one stage to the next. Way nicer than having 18 carbon copies shoved into my range bag or gun pocket folder.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I've got one more match and I'm done working large matches as well. I may let the RO cert slide as well.

I think it is more than River and I. It will be nice to only have to worry about shooting and not working.

We had zero time to let the shooters review kindles...Eric reviewed the scores and I was hauling butt to catch back up with A zone. It worked as well as it could. I heard Eric still yelling for shooters to come sign the danged sheet. It sure would have been nice to have enough volunteers to work the stage like it should have been worked.

Good luck to those who work next year

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    First off thanks to Mike and Eric for baby setting my old a$$. I have no dog in the discussion of scoring. So I will let that alone. I told Jake three years ago I had one big match left. And now I have to say I am done. Loved working a match like ours. Have shared ownership of it with some of the best folks I know. But me and riverman (if he will have me) will be members of the old man squad. Looking forward to it.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I've got one more match and I'm done working large matches as well. I may let the RO cert slide as well.

I think it is more than River and I. It will be nice to only have to worry about shooting and not working.

We had zero time to let the shooters review kindles...Eric reviewed the scores and I was hauling butt to catch back up with A zone. It worked as well as it could. I heard Eric still yelling for shooters to come sign the danged sheet. It sure would have been nice to have enough volunteers to work the stage like it should have been worked.

Good luck to those who work next year

I totally understand were you are coming from and sympathize with you guys.

I'm wore out both working the big match and with club BS as well.

I'm going back to just shooting. I miss having fun.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    First off thanks to Mike and Eric for baby setting my old a$$. I have no dog in the discussion of scoring. So I will let that alone. I told Jake three years ago I had one big match left. And now I have to say I am done. Loved working a match like ours. Have shared ownership of it with some of the best folks I know. But me and riverman (if he will have me) will be members of the old man squad. Looking forward to it.

Of course :)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

It's always a great time working with you. We did the best we could. I'm thankful a few squads let us take a few minutes to recharge and the one that actually took their 5 minutes so we could inhale our food

The jack@$$€$ that destroyed one array and stole a other, I hope Karma finds you and makes your life heck

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Seems everyone liked shooting a 18 stage match but 18 stages takes a lot of RO's and other help to put on and set up.
    No one can fault Mike, Jeff, Dan, and many others for feeling like taking a break. It is well deserved.
    Might have been better to have say 14 stages and more help on the stages?
    Jake does a great job rewarding the RO's with lots of guns and big ticket items in the RO drawings(not that I have ever won any of them:() but the amount of work and time away from the job and home is substantial.
    If 20 more people could have made 1 of the set up days it would have made the the setup so much easier.
    Hopefully some of the younger shooters will step up and help RO and give some of the more "seasoned" RO's a break. It seems like it is always the same people running the timer and kindle.
    It was hot and a lot of work doing setup but I got to work with people that I only knew casually before and working with them I got to actually see and get to know the real people behind the scenes. It was a honor to work with them.
    Jeff, Mike, and Dan take a break and have some fun.

Top Bottom