• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just when you think you’ve seen the height of stupidity, this crap floats out.

So so happy to know my Roger 10/22 with a pistol grip stock will become an assault weapon so I can move it from the .22 cabinet to the baby killer cabinet!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Today the Democrats managed to:

1. Sell millions more AR-15s, including lower receivers.

2. Sell thousands more of Cody Wilson's Ghost Gunner mini CNC mills which will allow his lawsuit against .gov to be fully funded.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Today the Democrats managed to:

1. Sell millions more AR-15s, including lower receivers.

2. Sell thousands more of Cody Wilson's Ghost Gunner mini CNC mills which will allow his lawsuit against .gov to be fully funded.

True that! I've been looking at complete uppers in 556 and 6.5 grendel and they are slim pickins right now.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    There was an address Hitler gave about how wonderful the civilized results of their registration and gun control laws were going to be.
    Wanted to post it so I went searching for it on the interseine and immediately ran into garbage about Hilter being an atheist.
    Wow. All I could do was shake my head.
    So I'm gonna go grab that 30ml shot cup and take my flu infected carcass to bed.
    Not hers, mine. Her flu infected carcass had enough sense to go sleep an hour ago.
    :)
    G'nite yall.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    I bet Senator Donnelly will be losing his seat
    I bet Sen Joe will jump at the chance to be on record as voting against this to prove he is a 'moderate' blue-dog Dem with common sense, thereby improving his chances of retaining his seat. If his seat wasn't up for re-election and this was a bill that had a snowball's chance to be passed, he would vote for it and against the 2nd Amendment.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    If you want to lose an election, history has shown this is how you lose an election.

We will see. America is much softer than it was in the 90s. The Neutering of America has been underway for a generation since then(which is part of the reason people take up guns and knives to settle disputes in my humble opinion...but that's a different thread). I fear I will see an outright repeal of the 2nd Amendment attempted in my lifetime.

Back to the bill. I was reading the initial 'right wing' articles commenting on it. It was claiming it would repeal virtually all Semi-auto pistols(to drum up fear). The bill appears, for pistols, to be taking a swipe at AR pistols. As it specifically mentiosn 'magazines outside the grip'. As a design engineer...I was designing my way through that this morning on the way to work. But exempted most semi auto pistols. Change 2 words int he bill though(future bill) and it will take care of them too.

That said, be wary of Right Wing and NRA stories. Read the bill yourself. I did before I started commenting on it. Kuddhow's to JT for posting the actual bill and not a news story on it.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I need to go through and find it, but it does mention, specifically, several pistol-caliber carbines with the magazine in the grip. Hi-Point, Beretta, a few others.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Folks, lets be real for a minute.

This bill is NOT the total ban on semi-autos that early articles lead people to believe, but it is still absolutely DOA since Democrats are the minority in both the House and Senate. This is to say nothing of how poorly worded it is and how significant sections of it are utterly unenforceable (Section 5 comes immediately to mind). It will do nothing but be discussed on 24/7 cable news, internet forums, social media and NRA eBlasts in the coming days/weeks/months, as progressives use it to grandstand...I fully expect another Congressional "sit-in".

If Democrats retake both houses of Congress in this year's midterms, however, this bill or something similar would likely be their top agenda item for passage. Frankly, I would bet if Dems only retook one house and were a very narrow minority in the other, they'd tweak its language just enough to get just enough bipartisan votes needed for passage. And I don't know about y'all, but I have zero faith that DJT would veto such a bill if it made its way through Congress and to his desk for signature.

You've got from now until at least 3 January (beginning of the 116th Congress) to "stock up" should the spirit move you that direction...but if you've waited this long you're FAR behind. This is recognized in that the only thing I've noticed in pricing changes has been PSA removing free shipping on certain items.

This has happened before and will happen again. The sky is not falling - yet - so don't start panicking.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Don't discount the NRA Members letters to congress members and votes and @realdonaldtrump. If you are following along with fake news- MSM and getting NRA emails, NRA members MUST follow-up by contacting all their politicians by email or calling. Very important, join NRA if you are not a member. thanks

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I bet Sen Joe will jump at the chance to be on record as voting against this to prove he is a 'moderate' blue-dog Dem with common sense, thereby improving his chances of retaining his seat. If his seat wasn't up for re-election and this was a bill that had a snowball's chance to be passed, he would vote for it and against the 2nd Amendment.

Hmmm...nothing about this Bill on his web site...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Really? Nothing happened in 1968, 1986, nor 1994.....

If you're not aware, those are the years when they passed exactly this type of legislation and made future manufacture of weapons commonly held by civilians illegal. There were no riots, war, etc... Gun owners just rolled over and took it.

Wow...

WARS are started with crap like this. (NOTE: I do not want a war, not advocating for a war, completely against a war, merely saying is all)

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    How would this be enforceable whatsoever? The legal verbiage is so ****ing broad it's ludicrous. Technically, no trigger device (bumpstock or otherwise) actually increases the potential rate of fire of the dynamic system in a semi auto rifle (bolt carrier time time from fire to full lock). They just increase the human fire rate potential.....but so does switching from a gritty mil-spec trigger to a quality trigger. Just so much fail in this verbiage it's unreal.

"Any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiauto-matic rifle into a machinegun."

Top Bottom