• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My dad calls them clips to aggravate me...He said that's what he always called them and he is to old to change....

I still do it to **** my brother off. His reflex is to correct me until he sees me grinning at his indignation. :D

And now that I know it aggravates you too..........................

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    The SKS with detachable mag is banned as an "AR type" :rolleyes: but with a fixed 10rnd mag is exempt. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mini-14s and Mini-30's are exempt but virtually all AR's are banned. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Thank you.

Looky whose a sponsor:
    Mr. Carson of Indiana

Looks like a looney liberal dem bill, right? Do we see any R's on there?

I like it when they list themselves on the record like that. Less research I have to do right before going to the voting booth

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    People somewhere are nervous. A distributor said they sold all of their 138,000 gen2 pmags they had in stock over the last two days. Plus however many gen3's and all of their lowers as well.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This is largely a rehash of the old AWB but there were some updates. The list of banned guns and exempt guns is a little more updated but still ridiculous. A lot of the guns haven't been in production for 30-40 years or more and were obscure when they were in production, God forbid a Wilkinson Arms Linda didn't get on the banned list. There were a couple notable changes, the new definition, if a semi-auto had a detachable magazine, they are an "AW" if they only have one evil feature from the list, I believe last time it had to be two, hence we could still basically have AR's with pistol grips but no other evil features. It looks like now even a pistol grip would make something an AW am I correct? Also it looks like no more threaded barrels in handguns. One question I have is since there is an actual list of 'exempt' guns does that mean no new models can come out?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    How about we introduce a bill to ban government. It's proven to just be too dangerous. I mean society is a free for all mess now, how much worse could it be? We could send all of our politicians to Mexico. Then build a REALLY BIG WALL.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    It's called the Overton Window. It basically refers to a negotiating tactic where they ask for much more than they expect to get and then settle for more than what their opponent wanted. They'd probably concede the barrel shroud easily but the other traits are classics that the grabbers hate.

As we're all reminded, call your elected politicians and let them know.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Folks, lets be real for a minute.

This bill is NOT the total ban on semi-autos that early articles lead people to believe, but it is still absolutely DOA since Democrats are the minority in both the House and Senate. This is to say nothing of how poorly worded it is and how significant sections of it are utterly unenforceable (Section 5 comes immediately to mind). It will do nothing but be discussed on 24/7 cable news, internet forums, social media and NRA eBlasts in the coming days/weeks/months, as progressives use it to grandstand...I fully expect another Congressional "sit-in".

Why do you believe that some Republicans won't vote to pass it or something like it?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Why do you believe that some Republicans won't vote to pass it or something like it?

Will *some* Republicans in each House vote for "gun safety measures"? Probably.

Will *enough* Republicans in each House vote for ***this bill as written*** to get it to Trump's desk? I seriously doubt it.

If the results of the midterm elections result in Democrats controlling one House and having a narrow minority in the other, I can see them making some minor concessions to the language (removing threaded barrels from 'military features', for example) to get enough cross-aisle votes in favor - that would allow them to trumpet its 'bipartisan' nature.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    McCain and some other RHINO's could vote with the enemy. Not enough to matter other that hopefully solidify their demise.

Top Bottom