d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I was there to help last year. I have a place on 400 N in Winamac and I'm the guy in NJ. As long as we cement the date I'll book a flight out to help and enjoy a weekend away from the east coast. -Brian

Very awesome of you! You helped keep my mags loaded last year at the 50 yard range. Would be great to have you help again!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Was waiting on Jedi to verify with Dnr before i started on donations. Im doing the t-shirts this year since 1775submarine cant this year
    1775 has $100 leftover from last year and his wifes company Dark Horse inspirations has donated $40 also. T-shirt fund sits at $140 as of now. I will try n make the Valpo meet and eat coming up

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Some have made the decision not to use Winamac any more. I respect their decision. I will only go back for the Youth shoot, because it is an outreach to the general public. I feel it is worth it.

You should send links to this thread and the other to the Winamac head and ask him to send it up the line.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just sent this to Jim Lucas.

Sir,

Thank you for your efforts for gun rights in Indiana. I hope that with letters we can get the Const. Carry bill to a vote and hopefully it will pass this year.

The thing I would like the Legislature to do is revise (IC 35-47-2-11 wrong cite) IC 35-47-11.1 to give the State Legislature Preeminence in 2A issues. As the law now stands it does not prohibit Stare agencies from banning firearms with their Administrative code.

Case in point, The IDNR has banned both concealed and open carry of firearms on their ranges. Now licensed carriers have to disarm and re arm in parking lots where there is no safe direction to do so. A negligent discharge could be catastrophic, causing injury or death. This could open not only the carrier but the state to lawsuits. The safest place for a firearm is the holster.

I and many that I know have stopped using DNR ranges. Indiana Gun Owners has, for the last 5 years, helped sponsor a Family Range Day at Winamac. This year there are only a handful of volunteers to continue this effort. The reason is the new Administrative rules. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...77-2018-ingo-dnr-youth-day-3.html#post7376062

Please consider this for future legislation.

Again Thank You, Tom

Edit: The IC I quoted was incorrect it should be IC 35-47-11.1

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I just sent this to Jim Lucas.

Sir,

Thank you for your efforts for gun rights in Indiana. I hope that with letters we can get the Const. Carry bill to a vote and hopefully it will pass this year.

The thing I would like the Legislature to do is revise IC 35-47-2-11 to give the State Legislature Preeminence in 2A issues. As the law now stands it does not prohibit Stare agencies from banning firearms with their Administrative code.

Case in point, The IDNR has banned both concealed and open carry of firearms on their ranges. Now licensed carriers have to disarm and re arm in parking lots where there is no safe direction to do so. A negligent discharge could be catastrophic, causing injury or death. This could open not only the carrier but the state to lawsuits. The safest place for a firearm is the holster.

I and many that I know have stopped using DNR ranges. Indiana Gun Owners has, for the last 5 years, helped sponsor a Family Range Day at Winamac. This year there are only a handful of volunteers to continue this effort. The reason is the new Administrative rules. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...77-2018-ingo-dnr-youth-day-3.html#post7376062

Please consider this for future legislation.

Again Thank You, Tom

Thanks for writing. I will do the same and mail out Monday

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I must have missed something. I gather from the posts that I can't have my EDC on my hip, but I can walk around with it in a soft, zippered gun case while I'm at a DNR gun range? I don't get it, but I'll still pitch in at the family shoot. Shouldn't let a little horse-hooey get in the way of a good event.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We have 9 CONFIRMED as of right now with 2 maybes.
    We lost 2 from last year due to the new rules.
    We need a MINIMUM of 15 in order to do the event.
    At that 15 is just the instructors and ROs. It does not count any backup instructors to allow those on the line some time off, cooks, photographers, ammo/water runners, safety table. Ideally we need 23+ members.

I have updated post 5 with the names
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo-events/447577-2018-ingo-dnr-youth-day.html#post7368655

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    actaeon's dad has volunteered.

I'm waiting on a text from Adam (brother).

Awesome! We've got to be close on volunteers needed after looking back thru the thread for commitments.
    Paging Jedi. Whats our volunteer count at?

Edit*** just seen jedis post upthread. Still need quite a few yet it looks like

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom