Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Awesome! We've got to be close on volunteers needed after looking back thru the thread for commitments.
    Paging Jedi. Whats our volunteer count at?

Edit*** just seen jedis post upthread. Still need quite a few yet it looks like

Well, there's 9 listed, my Dad makes 10. If my brother helps, then 11.

There are 2 more brothers I can try, but so far they haven't wanted to help.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks. Looks and smells like lawyer scat. (Take that any INGO lawyers) I feel blessed to have my own (backyard) range and I feel bad for shooters that have to depend on public ranges to enjoy this sport.

FTFY

So are you in for the Youth Shoot? Is your range big enough for INGO Meets 7 Shoot?

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I'm already signed up for the shoot at Winamac. My range is small. Two pistol lanes up to 50 yds. I use the 50 yd mark to sight in my hunting firearms and plink with my rifles. I don't really know what the INGO Meets 7 Shoot is? Somebody edited my post from "Sorry...", to "Take that...". Cute, but not mine.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    7 is a lowercase ampersand &. Meet & Shoot

No one thinks you are that snarkey. FTFY means fixed that for you. It makes your post snarkey, Just INGO humor

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    7 is a lowercase ampersand &. Meet & Shoot

No one thinks you are that snarkey. FTFY means fixed that for you. It makes your post snarkey, Just INGO humor
    I'll have to work on my snarkeyness. I do have a group of friends/former co-workers who come down about once a month and we have shooting parties. We unofficially call ourselves The Third Rd. Gun and Grub Club. We meet in the morning, shoot for about 3 hours and then have a pot-luck lunch. Numbers vary from 2-3 up to 20. Always a good time. We've been at this for several years with only a few minor injuries, like hot brass in sensitive areas or the occasional slide bites. Safety is always first. New shooters are treated with care and always leave with big smiles plus their targets full of holes. Once or twice a year, when the numbers support it, we have a competition. We divide by numbers like odds and evens, shoot 4 or 5 separate stations and the winning team gets to claim the "Hot Shot" trophy until the next competition. If you have a small range its really a good opportunity to introduce new shooters to this sport in a safe environment. Plus, you get to shoot, eat good food and hang out with other people who like to shoot.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Im gonna see if i can get ahold of Bigretic, maybe he can volunteer. I know he showed up last year and helped out

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Im gonna see if i can get ahold of Bigretic, maybe he can volunteer. I know he showed up last year and helped out
    Yeah sure.
    What about chef larry. If he is in I will make sure he has the day off.
    I will reach out to GPIW members and see what I can drum up. They would likely want the shotgun range as that is their forte.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yeah sure.
    What about chef larry. If he is in I will make sure he has the day off.
    I will reach out to GPIW members and see what I can drum up. They would likely want the shotgun range as that is their forte.

Paging Chef Larry.....:bat:

Thank you! :cheers:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Believe i have our 15th volunteer. Met up with Godbybe for a trade yesterday and he said he could probably help out for the event, but figured id let him verify its feasible with his schedule, and then reverify with him in a week or so.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Just throwing this out there, but what about a FAQ manned table as an option? Someone may want to offer their talents there (as well as runners and such) who may not feel comfortable teaching. A couple poster boards, flyers, and a friendly soul might speed things up and answer those FAQs. Just thinking out loud.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just throwing this out there, but what about a FAQ manned table as an option? Someone may want to offer their talents there (as well as runners and such) who may not feel comfortable teaching. A couple poster boards, flyers, and a friendly soul might speed things up and answer those FAQs. Just thinking out loud.

Good idea, but we still need to get some more volunteers. Believe we're in 14-15 range right now. Think we had 25 or so last year and probably could of used a few more than that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Paging Jedi per Andy Kaufman, just kidding... But seriously, I am requesting to be a voluntold I mean volunteer... Anything for the kids, they need strong, responsible, knowledgeable, and effective leaders/mentors... I contribute that a problem with societal decay, too many men not holding themselves accountable for their hump and dump actions, but women don't make it any easier... Especially when the system for the most part is rigged for them, but that's not always the case... I gave Kaufman my #, and if there is anything you guys need in the meantime let me know... I am down... Semper

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom