d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I think it's a mistake not to do the DNR shoot.
    Watch the news.
    We need to make sure people aren't only getting information from TV.

I completely agree with you, but when people won't help because of the new Dnr rules, what can we do. We need something along the lines of id say minimum 20 volunteers. Im more than willing to do it with a skeleton crew however

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I completely agree with you, but when people won't help because of the new Dnr rules, what can we do. We need something along the lines of id say minimum 20 volunteers. Im more than willing to do it with a skeleton crew however

I'm hoping to convince some to suck it in and conceal.
    I understand if they don't/won't.
    But I'm hoping they'll also see that we need to get more people shooting.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm hoping to convince some to suckered it in and conceal.
    I understand if they don't/won't.
    But I'm hoping they'll also see that we need to get more people shooting.

Amen to that. We need to show people that are on the fence about the shooting and the 2a that what the media portrays us as is simply not true. Im gonna see if i can get my step daughter and her fianacee to help. She helped with trap at the Izaak Waltons for a lot of years abd her fiancee is definitely familiar with firearms and is a emt/firefighter. They live in Plymouth now so wouldnt be to far a drive if they can get the time off work

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I drive in from Plymouth. It's not that bad of a drive. Hate to see this shut down. This would have been my 4th year and it really is a good experience. Not only for the kids and their families, but I also have a lot of fun and satisfaction helping a kid who has never handled a firearm to do so safely and successfully. I can only speak for my own experiences, but the families who participate always seem really grateful and respectful. Keep me posted. I'll leave that Saturday open for a bit, in case things change.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'll volunteer, but I have reservations about handing over a loaded weapon to a stranger with no way of protecting myself. They are not doing a background check for the shooters. Will we be able to have our pistols on our hips at the ranges while instructing?

I think it's a mistake not to do the DNR shoot.
    Watch the news.
    We need to make sure people aren't only getting information from TV.

You both are spot on. I think, at this point, the positives outweigh the risks. I'll volunteer again and my daughter can help cook or serve.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We do not need a poll. We need volunteers.

If we can make this work, it is worth it.

If we can not do it right we should not do it half Donkeyed!

Anything not worth doing right is not worth doing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Tonight when i get home i will be PM each volunteer that i have to reverify if this can occur or not.

This is the email dnr just sent us.
    If we cant committ ill explain why (ie lack of volunteers due to new dnr range rules which have caused us to not visit the range as a group either.) NOTE THE DATE CHANGE THEY HAVE PROPOSED.

Hello (name removed)

We have started the planning of our 2018 Family Fun Shooting Range Event. This year we would like to hold the event on Saturday June 9th. Last year went very well and resulted in a record attendance with many new participants. This year I am hoping for the same turnout, or even better, with extended efforts to advertise and promote the event in all local newspapers, community calendars, radio stations, the DNRFW event calendar, and Facebook page .

We are looking forward to working with INGO, 4H Shooting Sports, and all of our sponsors and volunteers again this year. My staff will be prepared with the same general setup and equipment that has worked well for us in the past years.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts, questions, or concerns about this year’s event.

Thank you and take care,

Doug Green

Property Manager

Winamac Fish and Wildlife Area

1493 W. 500 N.

Winamac, IN 46996

(574) 946-4422-Office

(574) 946-7249-Fax

dgreen1@dnr.IN.gov

DFW signature 2016

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Im still in but would need to know quickly so i can get on the donations for shirts and such

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom