true.gif

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    $21.53 x4 = $86 ($92 OTD) for Winchester 555 at Walmart in Washington, IN (2+ hrs. from my house).
    I was there buying a .22 rifle from an INGO member & since we met at Walmart I thought I'd go in and check for ammo since a member here has good luck doing so (not in Indy) nearly everyday.

The lady working there didn't know the quantity allowed when I asked if there was a limit of 4 like Rural King.
    She called a manager (who didn't know either :dunno:), & they said to sell it.
    Who would have thought I'd be thrilled to get Winchester 555 boxes. :rolleyes:

The am was a nice drive, but it got hot in the pm, so I just wanted to get home or I would have stopped at other Walmarts along the way home.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    $21.53 x4 = $86 ($92 OTD) for Winchester 555 at Walmart in Washington, IN (2+ hrs. from my house).
    I was there buying a .22 rifle from an INGO member & since we met at Walmart I thought I'd go in and check for ammo since a member here has good luck doing so (not in Indy) nearly everyday.

The lady working there didn't know the quantity allowed when I asked if there was a limit of 4 like Rural King.

The am was a nice drive, but it got hot in the pm, so I just wanted to get home or I would have stopped at other Walmarts along the way home.

Hate to burst your bubble, that ammo is junk. On par with remington thunderturds. I got a couple boxes of it during the last scare. Gave half of the second box away to a guy that was shooting it in his revolver. Didn't work well in my Ruger and S&W semi autos.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Hate to burst your bubble, that ammo is junk. On par with remington thunderturds. I got a couple boxes of it during the last scare. Gave half of the second box away to a guy that was shooting it in his revolver. Didn't work well in my Ruger and S&W semi autos.

I have had good luck with it My grandkids have been shooting it up out of some older Marlin 60's.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

Yep. Got 9/10ths of a box left from the last shortage. Shot a few rounds and pitched the rest of the box into the junk box. Might work o.k. for short range can plinking but that's about it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I know, but it will be good enough for the revolvers when everything else is gone.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

It's decent for close range plinking or if you're having a shooting competition with your kid and you don't want him to win.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    ELEY Semi-Auto .22LR Benchrest Outlaw Rimfire Cartridges
    $4.25
    ELEY outlaw 22LR SUBSONIC 42GR. ROUND NOSE 50-PACK

- Specifically engineered for magazine fed firearms

- Bullet profile: Round nose

- Cartridge length: 25.4mm/ 1inch

- Bullet weight:2.7 grams/ 42 grain

- Velocity: Muzzle: 332m/s (1090ft/s), 25m(27yds):319m/s(1046ft/s), 50m(55yds): 308m/s (1009ft/s), 91m(100yds): 292m/s(958ft/s)

-Lubricant: Paraffin wax

https://www.killoughshootingsports....22lr-benchrest-outlaw-rimfire-cartridges.html

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute

You did ok. You're not going to get match grade ammo for $22 a brick. It's plinking ammo whether you pay $15 or $22 a brick.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    ELEY Semi-Auto .22LR Benchrest Outlaw Rimfire Cartridges
    $4.25
    ELEY outlaw 22LR SUBSONIC 42GR. ROUND NOSE 50-PACK

- Specifically engineered for magazine fed firearms

- Bullet profile: Round nose

- Cartridge length: 25.4mm/ 1inch

- Bullet weight:2.7 grams/ 42 grain

- Velocity: Muzzle: 332m/s (1090ft/s), 25m(27yds):319m/s(1046ft/s), 50m(55yds): 308m/s (1009ft/s), 91m(100yds): 292m/s(958ft/s)

-Lubricant: Paraffin wax

https://www.killoughshootingsports....22lr-benchrest-outlaw-rimfire-cartridges.html

These Eley rounds with the 42 gr bullet have me interested. Its the same grain bullet as their Action and Action Plus, which I'd like to try when some comes back in stock.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The Eley Action are nice and very accurate. You'll like them guaranteed. You might want to check out the Eley Force. Theyre 42gr but are 1250ft/s. Theyve became my favorite since I've found them.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You did ok. You're not going to get match grade ammo for $22 a brick. It's plinking ammo whether you pay $15 or $22 a brick.

I've bought some ammo lately that I normally never would, plus I have a case or 2 of some "undesirables" I bought a long time ago before I read & was warned to stay away b/c they were so dirty, not to mention erratic.
    I've never even used them, they sit in the bottom of my closet for a dire emergency. :dunno:
    I have Remington Golden Bullets by the 1400 round buckets also, which have been OK for my low grade purposes.

I do have some boxes of better ammo that I save when I want to eek out that extra bit of better grouping when with friends. :)

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The Eley Action are nice and very accurate. You'll like them guaranteed. You might want to check out the Eley Force. Theyre 42gr but are 1250ft/s. Theyve became my favorite since I've found them.

I am really impressed by the Action. For Eley's lowest grade ammo, it blows anything made here out of the water. Soon as it comes back in stock, I'm buying a bunch of it, along with the Action Plus.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I've had some luck finding 22 ammo at the Clarksville Bass Pro. Their prices are still pretty good, but you have to make a few trips to catch it in stock. I'm out a lot on my job, so I try to stop by anytime I'm close. It's best if you can get there in the morning. The last two times I got some there was around 10 on a weekday morning.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I was able to find some CCI Std. Vel. and Mini Mag at the local Wal Mart most of the time in the past few months but the only thing in stock recently was Winchester Wildcat High Velocity "Super Speed" Listed at 1300 fps in 100 rd plastic box. I bought a a 100 rounds this morning and the stuff actually shot pretty well in my Single Six so this evening went back and bought the last two boxes they had.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I was able to find some CCI Std. Vel. and Mini Mag at the local Wal Mart most of the time in the past few months but the only thing in stock recently was Winchester Wildcat High Velocity "Super Speed" Listed at 1300 fps in 100 rd plastic box. I bought a a 100 rounds this morning and the stuff actually shot pretty well in my Single Six so this evening went back and bought the last two boxes they had.

I've been wanting some Mini Mags, but haven't been able to find them anywhere. I finding mostly Federal bulk packs. I got a Federal BYOB 825 rd bucket for $44.99 and a 325 rd box for $19.99. Not bad prices by today's standards.

Top Bottom