• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Please let us know how you like it Tyler, I ordered 4 of the Action they had earlier this month but they were 300 round packs for 16.50 each plus shipping. They didn't have the 500 pack at that time if I remember right.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Please let us know how you like it Tyler, I ordered 4 of the Action they had earlier this month but they were 300 round packs for 16.50 each plus shipping. They didn't have the 500 pack at that time if I remember right.

Ive got a good amount of standard velocity already on hand so I grabbed the 42gr high velocity Action Plus...will report back after testing it (10/22T, Marlin 60, ar pistol 22 conversion)

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    If anyone is interested in bulk, CMP has their Eley CMP Standard at about $355 for a case of 5,000, which works out to about 7 cents per round.
    Several guys at my club report good experiences with it, including a "high master" shooter who is a regular match winner.
    I've ordered a case.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    After the last 22 lr scare a few yrs ago, I have keep a few boxes of ammo in reserve. It is going to dwindle quickly as I have just purchased a Kel-Tec CP33. I have been trying to purchase a few boxes of 22lr when ever local stores have it. Many of the larger box stores are starting to put purchase limits of 1 or 2 boxes of 22lr or pistol and rifle ammo.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    After the last ammo shortage and I found myself only low on and needing 22lr, I vowed once it again became affordable and available to buy in unlimited amounts I would stock up in MASS quantities as you can not realistically reload 22lr.

Over a year ago got a email sales flier for Federal box of 325 copper washed, WW white box 525 count of copper washed 22LR/HV and the same WW ammo sold under the Browning label for a box of 400 at a +/- 3.5c a round and bought amounts of all three what I felt was all I would ever need to keep myself and my boys shooting 22LR for the next 15 years minimum on top of my already considerable stock pile. Quite soon after that, I then happened to be in my local Cabelas and they had CCI mini-mag 22LR of all 22lr ammo on sale for a price I can not recall right now but I do know it was undoubtedly the best price I had seen in memory OTC or online and no purchase limit so I literally bought every last box they had.
    I have fired several 1000 each of the FED, WW and Browning ammo combined out of our 416D's and all my 22LR HG's and it all has performed great very very satisfied with it. I will likely not need to buy 22lr until I am in my mid to late 70's of ever again.

I bought the three H&K 416D 22LR to compliment my two MKIV's and one 22/45. I bought the H&K 416D's to replace my sons shooting my much more costly AR's and it has worked very well.

The H&K 416-D's are great accurate fun guns and were within 15% of the cost of a 10/22 so I bought them. My boys love them and they are solid 100 yard fun range guns on the 10 & 12" steel plates at my private range and we go through close to if not two 90 count boxes of clay birds every range outing as I built 3 wooden clay bird holders each holds 25 birds and set one at 25, one at 50 and one at 75 yards.

9mm and 22LR make up 90%+ of what we shoot at the range now. Once in a while I bring my sons deer rifles two Savage 308's and two JM stamped 336's in 35 Remington and yes we still shoot the AR's but I limit to 40 rounds each for the 308's, and the 35Rems, and 100 each for the AR's. I use 10 round mags for the AR so the 100 rounds last longer VS in a 30 round mag and it's easier on my AR's.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute

Picked up 6 of those myself. Were a great buy while Killough had 'em They're all gone now.
    Well, actually, I did see them at Target Sports but ... wait for it...they were going for $49.95. Frosted my azz.
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ele...rain-lead-round-nose-3117-30288-p-110618.aspx

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    My rural king has a decent stock of the more expensive target loads at like 5-8 a box. My Walmart is still stocked up on everything. Picked up 1600 rds of cheap plinking rounds this morning while getting a couple things for the wife. The cost she has to pay for me to run there lol

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    I dropped in and checked this morning at my local Walmart. No bulk but several packs of cci and a decent amount of Remington subsonic.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    My Walmart limits you to two boxes. I typically get two boxes of SV every time I go and occasionally
    will pick up a bulk pack. Was able to get a 1050 and a 550 pack of cheap bulk today
    Picked up the last 8 boxes of CCI Standard Velocity @ $3.47 each at the Beech Grove WalMart today.

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    So do you think we’re actually gonna get into another ammo drought like after Sandy Hook, or will it rebound quicker? I learned my lesson the last time around about stocking up

Top Bottom