• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    So do you think we’re actually gonna get into another ammo drought like after Sandy Hook, or will it rebound quicker? I learned my lesson the last time around about stocking up

COVID, riots, BLM militias, Biden ahead in polls....this could get a lot worse than Post Sandy Hook. (Wait until Biden sends "Hell Yeah!" Beto on his door to door hunt for your guns)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Also depends on how the election goes. Either way I'm guessing we'll be lucky if things are back to "normal" (at higher prices than the last couple of years) a year from now.

Very happy to have spent a small fortune on ammo the last few years.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... (Wait until Biden sends "Hell Yeah!" Beto on his door to door hunt for your guns)

I could be stuck with a lot of 5.56/.223 with no buyers if we lose our AR's. It's not like they're talking about grandfathering in anything they want to ban.

On the other hand, maybe I could use it all up while "peacefully protesting".

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    So do you think we’re actually gonna get into another ammo drought like after Sandy Hook, or will it rebound quicker? I learned my lesson the last time around about stocking up
    My best guess: It will likely be a year from now until the supply chain has enough ammo to support demand. Another year after that until prices fall back to normal (probably still a little higher than before). This puts us around August of 2022 before we see normalcy in the market by my estimation.
    Demand is currently 10x higher than 2013 according to reps in the ammunition industry. According to NSSF, up to 40% of firearms sold this year are to first time gun buyers.
    I've been placing massive quantities on back order in hopes of getting something in the coming months. Prices at the wholesale level are jumping every time an item comes back in stock (which isn't very often). There is practically nothing I can order from distributors that is actually in stock currently.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I could be stuck with a lot of 5.56/.223 with no buyers if we lose our AR's.
    It's not like they're talking about grandfathering in anything they want to ban.

sucka.gif

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Fishers Wal-Mart 96th street & I-69 exit, yesterday around 4 PM, they had 325 rd boxes of .22lr, $16.99 a box, I bought one for my sons birthday coming up, did not even look at who made it, six boxes left on the shelf, some CCI stingers I saw sitting there too.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Each time I visit the local Wal Mart I check out the ammo counter , picked up come CCI Mini-Mag and CCI Standard Velocity today.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I'd planned on lots of 22 plinking this summer and I had to replenish and stock up so in the last few months I've picked up 6500 rds of quality 22lr at an avg of 7c per rd.
    I say I'm good for now until I go all doddg and burn through 1000 a week! lol gotta limit myself

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I haven’t got quite that much of the good stuff but honestly I’ve never had a problem with any bulk ammo to really speak of. Especially just plinking st 6 inch plate or soda cans. If I’m going to shoot rifles for grouos I’ll use the good stuff. Anything else will be bulk. I have about 3k rds extra bulk that won’t fit in my ammo cans so it will get listed at a fair price soon or given to people at range. Blows my mind people come to point blank without ammo or with very little ammo.

I'd planned on lots of 22 plinking this summer and I had to replenish and stock up so in the last few months I've picked up 6500 rds of quality 22lr at an avg of 7c per rd.
    I say I'm good for now until I go all doddg and burn through 1000 a week! lol gotta limit myself

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I haven’t got quite that much of the good stuff but honestly I’ve never had a problem with any bulk ammo to really speak of. Especially just plinking st 6 inch plate or soda cans. If I’m going to shoot rifles for grouos I’ll use the good stuff. Anything else will be bulk. I have about 3k rds extra bulk that won’t fit in my ammo cans so it will get listed at a fair price soon or given to people at range. Blows my mind people come to point blank without ammo or with very little ammo.

Yes the 4c per round stuff balances out the 8-10c when I feel like I need the "quality" stuff. Although I'd say on the scale of importance to me is getting cleaner ammo for my Ar conversion kit more so than groups on paper with my 10/22T that I can boast about lol.
    I'd definitely hook up INGO people in need. I just gave one of my brothers a pistol and some ammo 2 days ago...

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I'm trying to figure out if I buy some of that Eley -- I've got about 4k cheap to decent stuff but those eley rounds are hotter than I normally shot with before.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    what brand ammo did you get. I was lucky enough to find 2k primers on AL for 50 bucks last week when people are trying to sell them for 100 per 1k other places

Picked up 2500 rds last night at .07 a rd. Found on Armslist of all places

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I picked up another 3050 rounds of CCI & Federal Match this week.
    Due to wife's painting project, only been the the range 1x this wk & only shot 200 rds. .22LR & 50 9mm = only 250 rds.
    Last 2 times at the range I have behaved myself.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Walmart had some federal bulk this morning so picked up two boxes. I’ve had good luck with it and have been lucky my two favorite 22s haven’t found a brand they don’t like yet

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Killough Shooting Sports has Eley Action Plus 500 round bulk packs $32.50 plus shipping. They are in Texas, I ordered from them and no sales tax.

Thanks for the tip Tankerdave. I placed an order and it was delivered yesterday.
    I got to shoot it today and I'm very pleased. So pleased that I came home and placed a second order.
    Its kinda greasy and I have to wipe my hands after loading mags but it shoots very nice.
    I better stop buying ammo for a while.

Plinker556

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2020
    Central Indiana
    Thanks for the tip Tankerdave. I placed an order and it was delivered yesterday.
    I got to shoot it today and I'm very pleased. So pleased that I came home and placed a second order.
    Its kinda greasy and I have to wipe my hands after loading mags but it shoots very nice.
    I better stop buying ammo for a while.

I see a lot of positive reviews on the Eley "Action" but they are out of stock.
    You had good luck with the "Action Plus" ?

Debating ordering some today.

Top Bottom