• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I see a lot of positive reviews on the Eley "Action" but they are out of stock.
    You had good luck with the "Action Plus" ?

Debating ordering some today.

Yes, I liked it. I usually shoot Aguila Super Extra 40 gr SV or CCI 40 gr SV and the Action + HV seemed a little more accurate. However, I only shot 200 rounds so I might have just been having a good day shooting.
    I paid $.072/round for the Eley and I paid $.065/round for the CCI so even if the difference is my imagination it is still decent ammo at a reasonable price in today's market.

Plinker556

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2020
    Central Indiana
    Yes, I liked it. I usually shoot Aguila Super Extra 40 gr SV or CCI 40 gr SV and the Action + HV seemed a little more accurate. However, I only shot 200 rounds so I might have just been having a good day shooting.
    I paid $.072/round for the Eley and I paid $.065/round for the CCI so even if the difference is my imagination it is still decent ammo at a reasonable price in today's market.

Thanks, I will order some up.
    I find these days I am asking myself "how much is enough? "

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks, I will order some up.
    I find these days I am asking myself "how much is enough? "

Truly!
    I thought I had enough ammo to last for 1 yr. of great shooting & 2.5 yrs. of "good" shooting & 5 yrs. of maintenance shooting.
    I learned when I couldn't replace the ammo as fast as I was shooting it & I needed to slow down. :dunno:
    I have cut my shooting down in half in the past 2 weeks that I'd been averaging the past 3 months. :(
    I blame the previous excess the longer rifle distances at MCFG & the ping of steel for the handguns. :)

I have a new CZ 457 Trainer coming that I have received the rail, rings & scope I ordered and now just waiting for the rifle.
    All bets are off the week I get that! :rockwoot:

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I'm pretty new so if I'm outta line, apologies.

Should this and the 22lr ammo thread in the ammo sub forum maybe be merged?

Just asking cause right now I'm checking two threads for the exact same thing. Gunna cross post this in that thread as well.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm pretty new so if I'm outta line, apologies.

Should this and the 22lr ammo thread in the ammo sub forum maybe be merged?

Just asking cause right now I'm checking two threads for the exact same thing. Gunna cross post this in that thread as well.

It should probably be listed in the "Get your ammo here" thread in the "Ammunition and reloading" forum. It would get messy merging threads but some could be closed. I just check them all.

My local Walmart had several boxes of Winchester 555 and Federal bulk (325) .22LR at ~4-5.2 cents/rd this morning. I only picked up 3 of the Federal mostly just to have something to pass along if needed.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I'd like to find some more CCI Mini Mags, guess I need to check Walmart...I hate going in Walmart.
    Cabelas used to have tons of them on the shelf pre Covid.

Yeah the local Wal Mart is the only place I have seen the Mini Mags recently. Have at least 3 22s that really like the Mini Mag. Might run out there today to see if they have any.

I have a new CZ 457 Trainer coming that I have received the rail, rings & scope I ordered and now just waiting for the rifle.
    All bets are off the week I get that!

Looking forward to the range report! What rail/ rings did you get for the CZ?

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I've got a trainer (455 though) on the way as well but no optic -- Ordered the J&P ghost-ring-ish insert set though :)

Truly!
    I thought I had enough ammo to last for 1 yr. of great shooting & 2.5 yrs. of "good" shooting & 5 yrs. of maintenance shooting.
    I learned when I couldn't replace the ammo as fast as I was shooting it & I needed to slow down. :dunno:
    I have cut my shooting down in half in the past 2 weeks that I'd been averaging the past 3 months. :(
    I blame the previous excess the longer rifle distances at MCFG & the ping of steel for the handguns. :)

All bets are off the week I get that! :rockwoot:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    some of them seem hit or miss. The one by me has a it’s dwindling but still can get two boxes at a time. They’ve had some sort of bulk every time I’ve been there. The prices are getting crazy online. Cheapest on ammoseek is like 8 cents a round. I’m assuming supply is going to dry up fairly soon. Hopefully I have enough to keep me plinking for a while until supply stabilizes.

Walmart has 22lr every time i look. Makes me laught at all the guys trying to sell it on armslist.

Triton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2020
    New Albany
    Right now all I see is Geco ammo on SgAmmo’s site. $49 for 500 match rounds. They do have some a bit cheaper, but it says made for bolt action. Not sure what the difference is as I’ve never heard of that.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Target Sports USA has certainly had the whammy put on 'em. When I looked tonight, they had six offerings in .22LR -- two from Eley and four from Lapua.
    They used to have several pages of in-stock 22lr.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Got a bad feeling the .22LR situation is going to get worse before it gets better.
    Tonight, Target Sports USA was down to four offerings, two by Eley, two by Lapua.
    Ran a search on Ammoseek for Wolf Match Extra ... four places had it in stock. Cheapest came out to 8.95 per 50, plus shipping. I had been getting it for 7.90, shipping included.
    Only six places had Lapua Center-X.
    It must be getting seriously weird out there in terms of resupply.
    Oddly enough, quite a bit of Geco out there yet; American shooters must not have tripped to it yet.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Walmart had some federal bulk this morning so picked up two boxes. I’ve had good luck with it and have been lucky my two favorite 22s haven’t found a brand they don’t like yet

Tues I was north and at Walmart, I bought 8 boxes of Federal Automatch 325 rd boxes at 14.39 a box.
    And at one of the Muncie stores I bought 20 5 rd boxes of Lightfield 12g slugs and 10 bixes of 20 g lightfield slugs for 5 bucks a box of 5. They were 17+ a box before being discounted.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Got a bad feeling the .22LR situation is going to get worse before it gets better.
    Tonight, Target Sports USA was down to four offerings, two by Eley, two by Lapua.
    Ran a search on Ammoseek for Wolf Match Extra ... four places had it in stock. Cheapest came out to 8.95 per 50, plus shipping. I had been getting it for 7.90, shipping included.
    Only six places had Lapua Center-X.
    It must be getting seriously weird out there in terms of resupply.
    Oddly enough, quite a bit of Geco out there yet; American shooters must not have tripped to it yet.

Yeah, its getting ugly. Tempted on a case of the Geco, good stuff, but I'm just now getting out of the doghouse from the 3 cases of Standard+ I bought a couple weeks back.

Top Bottom