• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Question are you using a rest or standing and shooting?

Always using a stool to sit on to shoot b/c with the arthritis the back won't take well to standing & shooting very long.
    Only when I'm doing some shooting with a carry gun will I stand.
    The targets will tell when I'm shooting not using a rest. :laugh:

Try possibly switching ammo types

I do constantly, but mostly to know which ammo types won't work so when I sell a gun I can give people a heads-up.
    Once I know what to stay away from, I'll use whatever is at hand unless I'm testing a gun to trim against another.
    Verdict is still out on the 1911-22 clones b/c I'm in denial & might play with the sights before cutting one.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range time.
    CCI Blazer 38 grain, 1235 FPS, solid lead nose
    30' today instead of 21'
    GSG/ZRT wins today.
    Have 10 rounds in the middle of something that actual shoots to POA: S/W 22A-1 Talo edition

Note: The Colt Walther's slide release broke today??!!!
    Talk about "pot-metal." I was stunned.
    If anyone knows who I could contact to get another one free let me know
    ATI promptly sent me a barrel fixing pin for my GSG when it came up missing for free.

4wmKQ5Y.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I took the GSG/ZRT 1911-22 back to ZRT in Noblesville to look at the rear sights since the Allen head screws were not there. :scratch:
    I wanted to adjust the windage, but there was no Allen head screws under the two holes on the rear sight to loosen so it could be pushed to the right a hair.
    I put the correct size Allen key down the holes but nothing would "catch."
    With a light, I could't see anything but a flat surface meaning whoever put in the upgraded rear sights didn't match up the surface to receive adjustment screws. :dunno:
    Humorously enough, the two Allen head screws were simply missing.

In a matter of a minute, Zack put the correct Allen head screws in there for me.
    Someone either forgot to put them back in after an adjustment, or they both had fallen out over time?
    When I had contacted Zack about how to adjust the windage, he told me to simply loosen up the Allen heads with a hex.
    But, I didn't see anything but a flat surface beneath the two holes on top of the rear sights. :ugh:
    I need better eyes to see down dark little cavities for minuscule holes. :fogey:

On another note, with the Colt/Walther 1911-22: the slide stop/release just broke in two pieces when engaging it with my thumb to load the 1st round from a fresh magazine at the range last Friday.
    Strange. :scratch:
    Adds new meaning to the term, "pot metal."
    I contacted Walther & I have to mail in the broken pieces, then they'll to send another one back.

vpuU6wE.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It is interesting to me your dealings with ZRT.

When I contacted them, they didn't seem too interested in milling my slide and adding some co-witnessing sights. He (I assume Zack) said that they would do it but were more into production machining these days.

And here you are getting screws put in. Nice!:)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just the GSG/ZRT 1911-22 today (after shooting revolvers, that is).
    Couldn't shoot the Colt/Walther with it today (as is my custom) since the slide stop snapped in two. :(
    Windage was adjusted & it seemed to be a bit better today.

I think I'd be happier just shooting at 15' with the 1911-22 clones that I've got. :laugh:
    I like the feel of them in my hand and the all-metal weight, but they don't put good barrels in them for anything resembling consistency.
    It's like the Glock 44, they say it has a "match" barrel in it. Really? :scratch:
    I've got some semi-autos & even revolvers with some good barrels: the G44 is very average, like the SW MP Compact and a half-dozen more I've had, but sold when I started getting some Ruger, Brownings, & more expensive S/W.
    Maybe it's just my eyes, & if it had an optic on it, I could do better.

20 rounds on each of the head & torso.
    5 rounds on each of the small targets on the bottom.
    If this would have been free-hand, I would be happy, but alas, this was resting my hand on a bean bag.
    lhbx446.jpg

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It is interesting to me your dealings with ZRT.

When I contacted them, they didn't seem too interested in milling my slide and adding some co-witnessing sights. He (I assume Zack) said that they would do it but were more into production machining these days.

And here you are getting screws put in. Nice!:)

Hmm... maybe he has too many orders going right now. He finished cutting my Glock 19x slide for an SRO pretty quickly last year. I did all my coms via email then dropped it off once we got a rough quote.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Hmm... maybe he has too many orders going right now. He finished cutting my Glock 19x slide for an SRO pretty quickly last year. I did all my coms via email then dropped it off once we got a rough quote.

He did say he was very busy. I had to call him after I got no response via voice mail or email.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally got a scope today.
    BGDave, that I bought a Leupold 2x20 from had a Tasco Pro-Class 4x30 that he didn't need.
    I was afraid it wouldn't have enough eye relief, but it did.
    Can't wait to see how it tightens up my groups.

8rsGxrM.jpg
    iuxNqv2.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Nice looking Smith & Wesson. The color of the scope compliments the pistol nicely. With a steady solid rest where there is no perceptible movement of the reticle on target you should be able to get some really good groups with a 4X.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Did much better today since I didn't realize the turrents needed to be turned so much & I had to set the paralax properly.
    And, I didn't have the rings tightened down properly 1st time I tried shooting with the Tasco.
    Range pic at 21' & 30' & 45'.
    You can see the progression as I adjusted each small target (+).
    7cJHKXY.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    this hs to be the best looking 22a I’ve seen

Finally got a scope today.
    BGDave, that I bought a Leupold 2x20 from had a Tasco Pro-Class 4x30 that he didn't need.
    I was afraid it wouldn't have enough eye relief, but it did.
    Can't wait to see how it tightens up my groups.

8rsGxrM.jpg
    iuxNqv2.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This has to be the best looking 22A-1 I’ve seen
    iuxNqv2.jpg

I've had 4 of them, even a 7.25" barrel.
    One had a huge grip, which was fun (pic below).
    This is the best I've ever seen also.
    I traded my 2nd best gun for it & have nearly double what I had in my others, but I am not sorry.
    It's nice to have a good shooter that looks sensational.
    It's one of the reasons I'm finally going to have Allen address my CZ Shadow 2 with its dirty diaper poopy Urban Grey color.
    Perhaps a Cerakote Tungsten and keep the slide and small parts Black.
    I'm really excited about finally getting around to doing it.
    Aeroflyer has been telling me to get it done since I'm not happy with the Urban Grey.
    I'm ashamed to be seen in the same room with it being that color on it. :rofl:
    Yes, I am prone to the hyperbole for dramatic effect. :)

SW 22A-1 with large grips:
    4Lo6YAg.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I
    It's one of the reasons I'm finally going to have Allen address my CZ Shadow 2 with its dirty diaper poopy Urban Grey color.
    Perhaps a Cerakote Tungsten and keep the slide and small parts Black.
    I'm really excited about finally getting around to doing it.
    Aeroflyer has been telling me to get it done since I'm not happy with the Urban Grey.

A few of us recommended Cerakote, and Allen specifically a while back... just sayin'

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tp-xt-sp-01-sig-2022;-sell-2.html#post8073640

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Did much better today since I didn't realize the turrents needed to be turned so much & I had to set the paralax properly.
    And, I didn't have the rings tightened down properly 1st time I tried shooting with the Tasco.
    Range pic at 21' & 30' & 45'.
    You can see the progression as I adjusted each small target (+).
    7cJHKXY.jpg
    Oh yeah , much much better then last time especially at the longer distances. :yesway:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A few of us recommended Cerakote, and Allen specifically a while back... just sayin'

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tp-xt-sp-01-sig-2022;-sell-2.html#post8073640

You did & I should have listened! :)
    It took me 8.5 months to get here. :scratch:
    I just put the gun back into the safe b/c I didn't want to put more money into a gun I had more than double in on average than my others.
    I even thought about selling it & starting over with another one, but wasn't willing to take the loss to do so. :ugh:
    I never forgot it, but tried to just live with the unfortunate circumstances of my favorite gun being the ugliest gun color ever seen. :dunno:
    But here I am. :lmfao:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You did & I should have listened! :)
    It took me 8.5 months to get here. :scratch:
    I just put the gun back into the safe b/c I didn't want to put more money into a gun I had more than double in on average than my others.
    I even thought about selling it & starting over with another one, but wasn't willing to take the loss to do so. :ugh:
    I never forgot it, but tried to just live with the unfortunate circumstances of my favorite gun being the ugliest gun color ever seen. :dunno:
    But here I am. :lmfao:

we need one of these threads for 22lr Rifles :D doddg you up for another 22lr thread?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have been to the range 7 out of the last 8 days: I'm worn out!
    Why?
    - I finally got an outdoor range membership (MCFG), which opened up rifle shooting.
    - I had a new pistol I picked up (too boring to post about, though, :)
    - I had 2 "new" scopes on handguns to mess with (plus I bought a scope online to put on my last handgun I mentioned)
    - A friend had a new rifle I got to dial in,
    - Said friend got another rifle to dial in.

All in all, my idea of fun, especially being able to shoot someone else's guns. :ingo:

Top Bottom