$300.00 knife budget. What would you buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Maybe another Hinderer TDI but a necker would be real cool.

Haven't seen a Busse under $300 lately that floats my boat that much, I do like the Pork Shank and the AMS though, Shiva Rex is cool but limited. I did pick up an old school A2 Fatty SHBA for $300 once, but that was luck and I wouldn't count on it again.

I have several small satin Busses I'd let go for $300 :stickpoke: :):

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My BHK knives probably see the most use of all my fixed blades. I originally bought the PLSK II from Dave's booth back when it came in a leather dangler sheath. Liked it so much that I bought the larger PLSK I in the leather / kydex sheath the following year. The longer length really adds to the general usefulness of the blade, and it's been very efficient for heavy chores. I've also got the Bushcrafter, and it's a hell of a blade as well. You should definitely check out the BHK and Pathfinder booth when the next 1500 rolls around.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    I've gotten to the point I just give their table a quick glance on the way by... if I stopped I would end up buying something ever time. I really like their blades. That O1 is a mother to sharpen though, and you have to keep it oiled or it will rust up.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'd buy a Microtech Ultratech with whichever blade style you prefer. I love mine, they are by far the highest quality OTF you will ever handle. They just ooze quality when you hold them.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    You obviously are not a dedicated knife nut. $300.00 is only a middle of the road knife budget. ;)

I think I am on the path to becoming a knife nut. I just broke the $100 threshold this year. So far the most expensive knife is a Benchmade AFO2 at $186. Now you are telling me that $300 is middle of the road? Where do you find knives like this? I usually buy knifes on a touchy feely basis. Needs to please my eye to open my wallet. Amazing! Just dawned on me that that is the case for a lot of things!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think I am on the path to becoming a knife nut. I just broke the $100 threshold this year. So far the most expensive knife is a Benchmade AFO2 at $186. Now you are telling me that $300 is middle of the road? Where do you find knives like this?

Busse Custom Shop

Blind Horse Knives

Microtech Knives

TOPS Knives.com

Couteaux tactiques travaillés à la main - BASTINELLI CRÉATIONS

Welcome to Strider Knives

Spartan Blades knives blades combat utility, Knives with Intent

ProTech Knives - Custom Automatic Knives

:dunno:

Around.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Of course those are just factory made knives. With the exception of the BUSSE Custom link.

If you want to start talking ultra high end we can discuss custom knife makers.

Starting with our very own INGOer Cubby and Cassel Knives. cassel knives

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Don't worget Grayman, Treeman, Winlker, Chris Reeve, Hinderer, Horton, Ban Tang, Bill Siegle, etc....

Lots of knives out there for $300+ Which some deserve to be that price, the quality of parts used, the fit and finish, durability, and reputation.

There are some custom knives out there, which IMO, are overpriced. A lot of people are making knives right now, and just because it's a big thick hunk of nice steel, doesn't mean it's $600 quality. If you ever go to the Blade show you will see a lot of makers who are new who use good material, but the price is kind of......

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Ahhhh, I can remember the good old day thinking that $300 would be a lot to spend on a knife. WTH happened?

Do your checkbook a favor koutsevil, stop looking at knives on the internet. It can get crazy expensive pretty fast.

Top Bottom